SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 Fall Camp

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

1 hour ago, nodak651 said:

Ketteringham going 7-11 seems to be pretty decent, especially because it sounds like that was all on one drive?  Thats 64%. 

7 Sacks and 18 rushing yards in 9 carries is very scary.

Could it be the defense is just that good?  Probably not but it would be nice go back towards 2 yards a carry.

7 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Could it be the defense is just that good?  Probably not but it would be nice go back towards 2 yards a carry.

The top three running backs and top two receivers sat out so the scrimmage was essentially the veterans vs our rookies. I wouldn’t read that far into it other than the o line needs some work.

On 8/14/2018 at 11:41 PM, SiouxFan100 said:

What is the hardest offensive line position to fill and why? Seems like we have a harder time finding tackles? Correct?

thanks

Tackles protect the edge, therefore require  “nimble” feet and more athleticism.  I know people will sound off on this ...but that’s what made Grady great as a true fresh...his feet were that of a rb.   He was always in front of his guy. When a human being is 6’5” ish 300 lbs ish ....the athleticism is usually not in the equation. So yes.... it’s harder to find a great tackle.  

3 hours ago, southpaw said:

This phrase in Miller's article makes me happy. Hopefully, we start seeing more bubble screens mixed in. 

"on a wide receiver bubble screen that would have gone for an 18-yard touchdown catch."

With Santiago catching it... and Brady in the backfield... both on the field at the same time.... Am I wishing for too much?

1 hour ago, UNDColorado said:

Hopefully rested and ready. I have not heard a thing since it was mentioned they were being held out.

Just saw that this was posted today on the UNDfootball360 site.   Honestly I wouldn't mind if both of those guys took another week or two off to make sure they are healed and it doesn't linger. 

• James Johannesson and John Santiago were back at practice yesterday.  Both running backs should be good to go next week for the opener.

2 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Just saw that this was posted today on the UNDfootball360 site.   Honestly I wouldn't mind if both of those guys took another week or two off to make sure they are healed and it doesn't linger. 

• James Johannesson and John Santiago were back at practice yesterday.  Both running backs should be good to go next week for the opener.

Nice! Yeah if we really need their services next week we are in trouble.