SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 Fall Camp

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

27 minutes ago, Fry Bread said:

Fair. One did not participate. I always feel the D line has the advantage in a scrimmage. 

When you scrimmage your own guys.....from a defensive standpoint, you pretty much know what's coming and you know the exact skill level of the guy across from you, big advantage.

Also, the offense doesn't really game plan to attack a defense (and it's weakness) in a scrimmage.

So I concur, the D line should look better as should the defense as a whole.

• Upvote 2

Just now, gundy1124 said:

When you scrimmage your own guys.....from a defensive standpoint, you pretty much know what's coming and you know the exact skill level of the guy across from you, big advantage.

Also, the offense doesn't really game plan to attack a defense (and it's weakness) in a scrimmage.

So I concur, the D line should look better as should the defense as a whole.

I agree. 

But there will be/should be concern that the offense won’t be as improved from last season as it needs to be. Far too early to get too worked up, though, with there not even being a starting quarterback named. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I agree. 

But there will be/should be concern that the offense won’t be as improved from last season as it needs to be. Far too early to get too worked up, though, with there not even being a starting quarterback named. 

I've been concerned about the offense since 2014!!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Fry Bread said:

Although I’m a big Studsrud fan I am pretty excited to see how this years quarterbacks  play. 

Nothing against Zimmerman, but I'd really like to see Ketteringham get the start. Excited to see what he can bring to the offense.

• Upvote 3

So reading the tea leaves, from the Herald takeaways.  It sounds like it won't matter who is behind center, or running the ball or for that matter calling the plays, if the O-Line doesn't take a step forward.  Not the end of the world, right now as there is still time to get that sorted out.  Sounds as if Vrede will add depth to a ILB unit that was decimated a year ago, and that's great to hear.  Clearly, the D is ahead of the offense,which often is the case at this time of year. I hope we have a huge year defensively.  I love to get loud when UND is on D, at the Alerus Center. 

6 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Our OL is young.....sadly it will probably be frustrating again at times this year.  I sure hope they come together as the year progresses.  I think the Washington game could be brutal for us trying to run the ball.  I hope Rudy has some smoke and mirrors he can use to at least get us some offense and points that game.   Might need Harris with a pick 6 to help us out too.