SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 Fall Camp

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2018/8/9/football-fall-camp-notebook-vol-7.aspx

My favorite line:

*No real news on the injury front, which is good news. Nathan Nguon is back to participating as the offensive line looks to shore up its rotation. There are a few spots up for grabs that OL Coach Luke Knauf will have to sort out.

Nguon was left off the initial depth chart, because of injury, where will he fit in? I would guess starting RG (currently Aplin / Blair). Regardless, UND really needs to stay healthy at that position.

Will the depth chart be updated during Fall camp, or not until the week of the 1st game?  

56 minutes ago, AJS said:

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2018/8/9/football-fall-camp-notebook-vol-7.aspx

My favorite line:

*No real news on the injury front, which is good news. Nathan Nguon is back to participating as the offensive line looks to shore up its rotation. There are a few spots up for grabs that OL Coach Luke Knauf will have to sort out.

Nguon was left off the initial depth chart, because of injury, where will he fit in? I would guess starting RG (currently Aplin / Blair). Regardless, UND really needs to stay healthy at that position.

Will the depth chart be updated during Fall camp, or not until the week of the 1st game?  

He should be our RT from what I know.

I was at practice for an hour or so today. Nguon was not in the drills. Looks like a groin/leg issue. Was walking without a limp. 

Thought Helgren looked good. Big kid, but Waletzko is a monster, as is Jenkins. Helgren was at RT.

Zeke Ott flies out there. 

Nice to see a couple players get on their teammates. Don't have Blair's exact comment but it was something to the effect "They're relying on us and we have to knock this !@#$ off." Ty Carter got on the D at one point; unfortunately in one on one drills he got burned on a post.

I wish I could have stayed as they were getting into more 11 v 11. Lots of reps for almost all players.

Both of the QBs looked fine. I can't tell them apart so I had to keep consulting the depth chart.

23 hours ago, shep said:

It appears that's what McKinney is doing. Plus, it wouldn't be hard for Gordon to slide back in an emergency. Sounds like Weah has gotten lots of reps too.

I thought Griebel would see RB reps before Mckinny.  UNLESS we are truly using Santiago differently this year, then it would make sense to have your next best player in that mold taking reps.  Can it be??

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

I thought Griebel would see RB reps before Mckinny.  UNLESS we are truly using Santiago differently this year, then it would make sense to have your next best player in that mold taking reps.  Can it be??

I believe Griebel has been held out with a minor injury.  

9 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

At risk of sounding too general here, what are your thoughts so far?

Haven’t been there in person yet so not much for now. I know people are liking Weah. RT is a huge liability as we all know. I won’t comment on the qbs till I see them live. I’m concerned about our OLBs. 

54 minutes ago, northernraider said:

That blog post certainly makes me more ready for the season. I know every team hypes themselves up before the first game but it seems like we could certainly surprise some teams this year. 

Let's hope Sam Houston is one of them!  And I think we will definitely surprise some people.  Many fan bases wrote us off as a fluke the year we got a top 8 playoff seed after last years disaster.  Not saying we will get a top 8 seed, but this year we need to show we are not a fluke and a team to be dealt with.  

6 hours ago, MoSiouxFan said:

Noah Wanzek not on the initial two-deep.  I know we're a lot deeper at the receiver position this season, but what's up with that?

He’s at the top of the “X Receiver” on the Pre-Fall depth chart.

23 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

What kind of a "windup"  is that?  Is that the form we want our QB's to have when they pass???  Must be something new.  Good way to lose the football. 

Pretty sure lots of QBs look like that when at that point in delivery.

carson-wentz-db760e0cb1a8f8be.jpg