SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 Fall Camp

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

26 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Hmmm yeah that is interesting.  Maybe they see a little bit of Santiago type in him or something, and he was a RB in HS.

Makes sense I guess.  Hes young and Santiago and Brady are Seniors.  Maybe he can't catch well enough to keep him at wr.

6 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Need him in space any way possible. Also sounds like RBs are a little dinged at the moment.

where did that rb that played as a true freshman a couple years back but left after one year end up?  can't remember his name?

12 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

would be nice to have him around at rb if these guys are nicked up

It appears that's what McKinney is doing. Plus, it wouldn't be hard for Gordon to slide back in an emergency. Sounds like Weah has gotten lots of reps too.

53 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Need him in space any way possible. Also sounds like RBs are a little dinged at the moment.

Our top backs have nothing to prove and reps right now are just more dings.

Start the youngin's a-learnin' now so they're ready when their time comes. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Not really. He wasn’t cut out to be a running back. He would have had too many concussions and shoulder injuries the way he ran. 

I forget the game but didn’t he get crushed and got knock out of the game for that reason? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Would be nice to keep that redshirt if possible though.

agreed on iwarri smith though. Kid had the speed, but the build of a we. RB would not have worked well at this level. 

Freshman being able to play 4 games without losing their redshirt is going to be a good thing. I would think maybe some guys might play on that first game if we are up big. But on other hand they may save them in case their are injuries and they need them. Perfect scenario most of the freshman would all get some good game action in mop up time, not due to injuries.  

8 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Freshman being able to play 4 games without losing their redshirt is going to be a good thing. I would think maybe some guys might play on that first game if we are up big. But on other hand they may save them in case their are injuries and they need them. Perfect scenario most of the freshman would all get some good game action in mop up time, not due to injuries.  

On the redshirt rule, is it four consecutive games or could they play a fr in the first game then two games later on then one in the playoffs as needed and still maintain the rs?

52 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

On the redshirt rule, is it four consecutive games or could they play a fr in the first game then two games later on then one in the playoffs as needed and still maintain the rs?

I don't remember seeing anything that it had to be four consecutive games but I'm not sure.  I wondered about the playoffs....if they would be allowed to play in those games and still keep it.  I don't think that article I saw mentioned that specifically.

59 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

This article gives no mention other than four games in a season. 

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/6/13/17460076/ncaa-redshirt-rule-change-2018 

12 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Weah has apparently looked pretty good.

I watched him in person last year. He's small but tough and had something you can't teach. Explosiveness. You rarely see kids in high school that stand out with this feature. He had that burst weather it was around the corner, off the guard or at the point of contact that you don't see often. I compare it to Ratelle when he was in high school. I'm that high on this kid. I really enjoyed watching him. He's quite a sight to see. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Yup. Terrible instincts and body control on impact. Would have been a much better wr with those wheels. Too bad.

I remember that hit he took two years ago against PSU like it was yesterday. he was standing straight up right through the hole and got smoked from the side. 

24 minutes ago, bang said:

I watched him in person last year. He's small but tough and had something you can't teach. Explosiveness. You rarely see kids in high school that stand out with this feature. He had that burst weather it was around the corner, off the guard or at the point of contact that you don't see often. I compare it to Ratelle when he was in high school. I'm that high on this kid. I really enjoyed watching him. He's quite a sight to see. 

I noticed that suddenness too. He sticks his foot in the ground and, boom, he explodes. It’s something we need more of in our wide outs and DBs and LBs, hell, every position.

5 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

This article gives no mention other than four games in a season. 

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/6/13/17460076/ncaa-redshirt-rule-change-2018 

Are playoff games treated different for the red shirt rule, or at least were?

Remember the Richmond playoff game and where they pull the red shirt on their young quarterback and he never played in a prior game that season.