SiouxSports.com Forum

2018-19 Season

SWSiouxMN

I am tired of seeing Western Illinois driving to the basket and either scoring lay ups or UND fouling.  Same thing happened in Grand Forks.  I would like us to play at least some zone against them, especially when Leet is in the game.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

But remember...….

It's "all about the relationships" and "all about teaching life lessons".

So it doesn't matter how much we lose or how bad we look doing it.

(extreme sarcasm)

:silly::angry::(

So who provided the juice boxes and granola bars after the game last night?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Western Illinois shows the glaring deficiency we have in guard being apart of the Summit conference. I thought they would have come up with some scheme to offset this weakness on defense especially when we had whole weak to prepare for them. The results show we did nothing again we have problem here with women's program looks like were going to sink to eighth seed if this happens. AD got real problem here and does he continue to full term of Brewster contract or we make a change here when the season ends. Having lame duck season and I don't see where we have recruited enough talent to overcome this next year time may have come for a change. This is case of coach that was given very good program and has now not done the work to keep the program up. This is my analysis of where the Women's program is now if other people have differing opinions I would like to hear from them. 

• Upvote 2

We are lucky to win this game. Another game of little production from our starting guards with only 3 threes from all the guards. The front line provided the other 2 threes of total of 5 threes for the game. If this club is to have any chance of winning a game in conference tournament they are going to need to get better offensive production from their guards. Morton and Strand are just not filling those roles now and it is just not enough to play hard and play defense. If Klabo, Fleecs, Leet, and Dooley are going to have any chance of winning the inside the guards have to score and put pressure on the defense to play them instead of taking away inside game. Today when we got couple of threes from our players inside game opened up we were able to come back and win this game. I think this has to be priority for this coaching staff down the stretch is find the offense from the guard position or least from the outside. If he can't find the offense from outside from the guards he may have to look at some of the front line people to also score from the outside.  What I can't believe we had this weakness and they haven't found one real outside scoring player for this team.