SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 World Cup

SWSiouxMN

Talk about a buzz-kill here in Germany.  At a public viewing yesterday with 1,000+ German fans and it was dead silent after the game.  All they needed to do was not play like junk and put one in the net against an overmatched SK team.  With Sweden doing their job on the other side, Germany had the perfect opportunity to put up a three goals themselves and take the group.  Instead, they finish last and now Löw should rightfully be criticized for his lineup yesterday.  Özil never should have been in the game and he backed up his poor performance from the game vs Mexico with another lackluster one.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, southpaw said:

Talk about a buzz-kill here in Germany.  At a public viewing yesterday with 1,000+ German fans and it was dead silent after the game.  All they needed to do was not play like junk and put one in the net against an overmatched SK team.  With Sweden doing their job on the other side, Germany had the perfect opportunity to put up a three goals themselves and take the group.  Instead, they finish last and now Löw should rightfully be criticized for his lineup yesterday.  Özil never should have been in the game and he backed up his poor performance from the game vs Mexico with another lackluster one.

Neuer should have never been the starting goalie for them. ter Stegen had a fantastic season with Barcelona.

36 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Neuer should have never been the starting goalie for them. ter Stegen had a fantastic season with Barcelona.

It's not Neuer's fault they are out. 

100% the midfield and forwards fault. 

56 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

It's not Neuer's fault they are out. 

100% the midfield and forwards fault. 

Not blaming Neuer for it at all. Just highlighting another area where the German coach made some poor team selections. Neuer hardly played at all this season and ter Stegen stepped up and is in my opinion the best goalie in the world. There is also no excuse for Leroy Sane not being on the team. 

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Who’s ready for the England-Belgium “nobody cares because we are moving on and might try to play to lose to get on the other side” matchup. 

This is about the 10th World Cup I've paid attention to and Group H is about as brutal as I've seen.   Fair play will break the tie between England and Belgium if they draw.  And you thought penalty kicks were a lousy way to break a tie.  

59 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

This is about the 10th World Cup I've paid attention to and Group H is about as brutal as I've seen.   

Runner up in that group has a pretty damn favorable draw to the semi-finals. Get Columbia in the Round of 16 and the the Swiss/Sweden Winner... are you kidding me!

Wake me when knockout rounds start Saturday. At least the morning matchups had some drama to them. 

2 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Runner up in that group has a pretty damn favorable draw to the semi-finals. Get Columbia in the Round of 16 and the the Swiss/Sweden Winner... are you kidding me!

Wake me when knockout rounds start Saturday. At least the morning matchups had some drama to them. 

Now watch Columbia spank England 2-0.   

Croatia, Belgium and Uruguay are the only perfect qualifying teams.  The World Cup winner normally has a head of steam and a little luck.    Those three nations fit the bill.

Asia qualified 1 of 5 nations, and Japan didn’t exactly blow games out.

Africa qualified 0 of 5 nations, with Senegal having more yellow cards than Japan, so they got the spot.

North America got 1 out of three to advance.

South America advances 4 out to 5,  no surprise there.

The World Cup may have given NDSU an ideas how to expand and bastardize the FargoDome.  Just use Ekatarinburg’s idea of building massive external stands on the outside of the FargoDome by tearing out a high wall, there by creating new seats.  A rolling glass wall can be installed to still keep the FargoDome indoors for their winter tractor shows.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4947998/World-Cup-venue-Ekaterinburg-Arena-odd-new-stands.html