SiouxSports.com Forum

UND doesn’t have a female head coach now

SiouxVolley

5 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Because there are no facts involved.  There is projection.  The fact would materialize on July 1st.

Also, he counted the next most pullups and next most after that.  Oh, and the only reason it was written at all is because he counted CM's pathetic amount of pullups from 2017 for context.

A portion of the article is below. 

As of June 30th, UND will no longer have a single female head coach in its athletic department.

Martinson has been the only one for the last five-and-a-half years since Kristen Gay was let go as head coach of the women's soccer team.

According to Herald research, UND will at least temporarily join Arkansas-Pine Bluff as the only NCAA Division I schools without a single female head coach. There are approximately 350 Division I schools.

I see a fact and context - both for UND's situation and nationally.  He could have added to the end of the first sentence - unless UND hires a female coach befor June 30th.  I guess I was able to fill in that part for myself based on the first and third sentences.  He even says temporarily join Ark-PB.

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

As of June 30th, UND will no longer have a single female head coach in its athletic department.

Martinson has been the only one for the last five-and-a-half years since Kristen Gay was let go as head coach of the women's soccer team.

According to Herald research, UND will at least temporarily join Arkansas-Pine Bluff as the only NCAA Division I schools without a single female head coach. There are approximately 350 Division I schools.

I see a fact and context - both for UND's situation and nationally.  He could have added to the end of the first sentence - unless UND hires a female coach befor June 30th.  I guess I was able to fill in that part for myself based on the first and third sentences.  He even says temporarily join Ark-PB.

..and if the NDUS decides to stop funding UND the campus will need to shutdown.  Maybe they should speculate about that possibility before the biennium cycle starts up again?

Or if Brad Berry leaves for the NHL then the UND hockey program would need a new coach. That would create clicks for sure.

41 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Actually, where did you see a fact in the italicized part?  I didn't see anything that isn't contingent and speculative. 

What if Chaves hires a female coach tomorrow?

3 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

..and if the NDUS decides to stop funding UND the campus will need to shutdown.  Maybe they should speculate about that possibility before the biennium cycle starts up again?

Or if Brad Berry leaves for the NHL then the UND hockey program would need a new coach. That would create clicks for sure.

Come on, man. Her contract is up very soon and she's not coming back. UND not having a female HC is a talking point in this day and age. We get it. You don't think it's a story. You just have to realize that in fact, in this day and age, this is a story.

2 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Come on, man. Her contract is up very soon and she's not coming back. UND not having a female HC is a talking point in this day and age. We get it. You don't think it's a story. You just have to realize that in fact, in this day and age, this is a story.

They have 23 days to hire a coach. Methinks the end of the season lull with nothing to write about and clicks being down on the website drove this article.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

You are missing the point.  Ark-Pine Bluff as zero.  UND has 1, potentially 0 at the end of the month.  Several other schools have 1.  Many more have only 2.  Many more than that only have 3.  Hundreds more have only 4.  So yes I get it.  Zero womens head coaches at a D1 University is bad.  But many other schools are barely better.  that is the point we are all trying to convince only you who seam to be defending Schloss at all costs instead of just calling him out on his lazy click bait reporting in this case.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

You are missing the point.  Ark-Pine Bluff as zero.  UND has 1, potentially 0 at the end of the month.  Several other schools have 1.  Many more have only 2.  Many more than that only have 3.  Hundreds more have only 4.  So yes I get it.  Zero womens head coaches at a D1 University is bad.  But many other schools are barely better.  that is the point we are all trying to convince only you who seam to be defending Schloss at all costs instead of just calling him out on his lazy click bait reporting in this case.

I've stated it many times and I'm absolutely not missing anything... the point of the story was that UND could have zero female HCs. The context was the Ark-PB stat. You're asking for additional context, which is completely fine, but unnecessary to the point of the story. 

It makes absolutely no difference if a school is "barely" better and honestly, I've also said many times that I don't even care about this as an issue.

Call it clickbait, that's completely fine. Your opinion, man! My defense was on the initial problem that several on here were pointing to some sort of an anti-UND bias for writing that story and I'll gladly defend Schlossman on that as that is nonsense. I also don't find this story lazy, whatsoever.

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

They have 23 days to hire a coach. Methinks the end of the season lull with nothing to write about and clicks being down on the website drove this article.

Bingo. It's a talker... use this forum as evidence. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

The women's golf coach resigned and is done June 30th.  That is not speculation.  it is a fact.   She is the only female head coach at UND so at that point UND will have no female head coaches unless they hire one before that date.  

I find it noteworthy and leads me to believe that UND will almost certainly hire a female coach.  Secondarily they will want to have someone in place before June 30th so they aren't 1 of 2 universities that don't have any female head coaches.   That is the reading comprehension part and what most people would take from the article.

You apparently want to pick the article apart to prove a point about Schlossman or the PC world we live in.   You found a way to do that but I am telling you what I got out of the article and I found it interesting. 

As far as I know funding for UND has not stopped and Brad Berry hasn't resigned but maybe I missed that.  The only female head coach at UND will be done in just over 3 weeks.  That is indisputable. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

The women's golf coach resigned and is done June 30th.  That is not speculation.  it is a fact.   She is the only female head coach at UND so at that point UND will have no female head coaches unless they hire one before that date.  

I find it noteworthy and leads me to believe that UND will almost certainly hire a female coach.  Secondarily they will want to have someone in place before June 30th so they aren't 1 of 2 universities that don't have any female head coaches.   That is the reading comprehension part and what most people would take from the article.

You apparently want to pick the article apart to prove a point about Schlossman or the PC world we live in.   You found a way to do that but I am telling you what I got out of the article and I found it interesting. 

As far as I know funding for UND has not stopped and Brad Berry hasn't resigned but maybe I missed that.  The only female head coach at UND will be done in just over 3 weeks.  That is indisputable. 

Riveting.  

• 2 months later...

Well, I guess technically UND didn't have a women's head coach for 48 days or so since that was the amount of time between Martinson's contract expiring and Sunderman being hired. Guess a new angle will have to be found to overreact about.

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...