Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Blackheart

Former UND Student Jamie Grant

Recommended Posts

There's a witness, a witness who went on to write about it in the local paper of record, who saw the punch, saw the fall, and effectively saw a man die from the punch. 

http://www.westfargopioneer.com/news/crime-and-courts/4281708-i-became-witness-one-punch-homicide-forum-reporter-recounts-fatal 

Dude could be dressed like a Salvation Army worker and have pulled up by getting an Uber ride in the Pope-mobile and that wouldn't matter either. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

All you need to do is look at his picture from the article. Look at the rims on his truck and that’s all you need to know. We all know people like him. 

Whatever....but your last sentence is spot on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2018 at 2:09 PM, TheFlop said:

Unfortunately there are many that share your view and think violent people should get chance after chance.  Causing significant bodily harm during two completely separate incidents at bars on the same street within a block of each other was just a coincidence?  Must be awfully unlucky guy to have that type of trouble randomly following him.

How did you extrapolate that from my post?:silly:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Meaning his lawyer got him off, basically, with a slap on the wrist?  Guessing a combo of that and he couldn't afford how astronomical the bills were gonna be?

http://www.inforum.com/news/crime-and-courts/4460438-patterson-pleads-lesser-charges-fatal-fight-outside-downtown-fargo-bar

I was hoping you were wrong, but an 18 month recommendation seems way too lenient.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, HawksHoops said:

http://www.inforum.com/news/crime-and-courts/4460438-patterson-pleads-lesser-charges-fatal-fight-outside-downtown-fargo-bar

I was hoping you were wrong, but an 18 month recommendation seems way too lenient.

Make a conscious effort to confront someone and then punch them leading to their death....I'd say definitely too lenient.  The pen is so overcrowded I'd be surprised if he served more than a year of a 18 month sentence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Make a conscious effort to confront someone and then punch them leading to their death....I'd say definitely too lenient.  The pen is so overcrowded I'd be surprised if he served more than a year of a 18 month sentence.

The US Judicial system ladies and gentlemen.  Did you expect anything else?!!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

The US Judicial system ladies and gentlemen.  Did you expect anything else?!!

Soon as he hired Quick the ending was obvious to me.  Only question was just how little jail time it was going to be.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blackheart said:

No justice was served today.  What a effing joke.

The last place you could actually find Justice was the A's batting order circa 2002. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2018 at 1:18 PM, HawksHoops said:

http://www.inforum.com/news/crime-and-courts/4460438-patterson-pleads-lesser-charges-fatal-fight-outside-downtown-fargo-bar

I was hoping you were wrong, but an 18 month recommendation seems way too lenient.

I just watched the WDAY video in the link for the first time...This guy gets off with no probation because he has a "stable lifestyle"?  This wasn't his first altercation of this type.  I think the state really blew this case.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

The prosecution didn't want to go to trial and take the chance of an acquital.

It should have been a slam dunk he punched a guy, he died, end of story. Plenty of witnesses, so why would they think he would get off. And only 18 months, you get a longer sentence smoking weed. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

It should have been a slam dunk he punched a guy, he died, end of story. Plenty of witnesses, so why would they think he would get off. And only 18 months, you get a longer sentence smoking weed. 

Prosecutors don't like to lose. They want a good won-loss record. That is how they get cushy judgeships.

As for doing time for smoking weed, that problem may be solved this November in North Dakota.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

The prosecution didn't want to go to trial and take the chance of an acquital.

That's some weak sauce right there by the prosecution.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Prosecutors don't like to lose. They want a good won-loss record. That is how they get cushy judgeships.

As for doing time for smoking weed, that problem may be solved this November in North Dakota.

Cass County is notorious for only caring about conviction rates no matter how reduced the sentence and charges in relation to the crime committed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×