SiouxSports.com Forum

Former UND Student Jamie Grant

Blackheart

There's a witness, a witness who went on to write about it in the local paper of record, who saw the punch, saw the fall, and effectively saw a man die from the punch. 

http://www.westfargopioneer.com/news/crime-and-courts/4281708-i-became-witness-one-punch-homicide-forum-reporter-recounts-fatal 

Dude could be dressed like a Salvation Army worker and have pulled up by getting an Uber ride in the Pope-mobile and that wouldn't matter either. 

11 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

All you need to do is look at his picture from the article. Look at the rims on his truck and that’s all you need to know. We all know people like him. 

Whatever....but your last sentence is spot on.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2018 at 2:09 PM, TheFlop said:

Unfortunately there are many that share your view and think violent people should get chance after chance.  Causing significant bodily harm during two completely separate incidents at bars on the same street within a block of each other was just a coincidence?  Must be awfully unlucky guy to have that type of trouble randomly following him.

How did you extrapolate that from my post?:silly:

22 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Meaning his lawyer got him off, basically, with a slap on the wrist?  Guessing a combo of that and he couldn't afford how astronomical the bills were gonna be?

http://www.inforum.com/news/crime-and-courts/4460438-patterson-pleads-lesser-charges-fatal-fight-outside-downtown-fargo-bar

I was hoping you were wrong, but an 18 month recommendation seems way too lenient.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, HawksHoops said:

http://www.inforum.com/news/crime-and-courts/4460438-patterson-pleads-lesser-charges-fatal-fight-outside-downtown-fargo-bar

I was hoping you were wrong, but an 18 month recommendation seems way too lenient.

Make a conscious effort to confront someone and then punch them leading to their death....I'd say definitely too lenient.  The pen is so overcrowded I'd be surprised if he served more than a year of a 18 month sentence.

16 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Make a conscious effort to confront someone and then punch them leading to their death....I'd say definitely too lenient.  The pen is so overcrowded I'd be surprised if he served more than a year of a 18 month sentence.

The US Judicial system ladies and gentlemen.  Did you expect anything else?!!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HawksHoops said:

No justice was served today.  What a effing joke.

• Upvote 3

On 6/14/2018 at 1:18 PM, HawksHoops said:

I just watched the WDAY video in the link for the first time...This guy gets off with no probation because he has a "stable lifestyle"?  This wasn't his first altercation of this type.  I think the state really blew this case.

• Upvote 4

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

The prosecution didn't want to go to trial and take the chance of an acquital.

It should have been a slam dunk he punched a guy, he died, end of story. Plenty of witnesses, so why would they think he would get off. And only 18 months, you get a longer sentence smoking weed. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

It should have been a slam dunk he punched a guy, he died, end of story. Plenty of witnesses, so why would they think he would get off. And only 18 months, you get a longer sentence smoking weed. 

Prosecutors don't like to lose. They want a good won-loss record. That is how they get cushy judgeships.

As for doing time for smoking weed, that problem may be solved this November in North Dakota.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Prosecutors don't like to lose. They want a good won-loss record. That is how they get cushy judgeships.

As for doing time for smoking weed, that problem may be solved this November in North Dakota.

Cass County is notorious for only caring about conviction rates no matter how reduced the sentence and charges in relation to the crime committed.