SiouxSports.com Forum

Kennedy vs. Engelstad Foundation: GF herald feature

jdub27

2 hours ago, tnt said:

If I worked at a till, I would.  For you to disparage hard working people that have those jobs says a lot about you.  Work on that bitterness!

I don’t disparage hard working people that have those jobs, I disparage you given your criticism directed at my life, which you know nothing about. Blind disparaging is somehow appropriate? 

Nice try at deflection though. Your only hope at this point is political correctness, so I give you credit for looking that direction. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Cratter said:

More than ever if the team isn't going to score goals.

Exactly.......stream Netflix or a Wild game to keep my interest. 

........ignore the Wild example as it is similar to what I'm watching live at the time.

• 3 weeks later...

Good read in the Herald on what Kris McGarry thinks of Kennedy.  They have no relationship with the University until Kennedy is gone.  They will continue to support the athletes and hockey but not the University.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/4522883-watch-interview-kris-engelstad-mcgarry

"We don't have a relationship with UND. As long as that the current President is sitting there.  And he is very aware of that.  We still support the students, we support scholarships, we support the hockey program.  But until there is a change of governance at the University, we won't be supporting them." - Kris Engelstad McGarry

So will she support the University or not? Her statement is contradicting.  

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/4522883-watch-interview-kris-engelstad-mcgarry

"We don't have a relationship with UND. As long as that the current President is sitting there.  And he is very aware of that.  We still support the students, we support scholarships, we support the hockey program.  But until there is a change of governance at the University, we won't be supporting them." - Kris Engelstad McGarry

So will she support the University or not? Her statement is contradicting.  

She and many members of the athletics department and REA believe hockey to be a separate, independent entity from the University.  Similar to many at UND Aerospace.

11 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

This isn't a Kennedy issue, this is a McGarry issue.  This is repeated behavior from her.  She feels like she is entitled to run UND and UNLV due to the size of her pocket book.  You're not Dictator McGarry... sorry!   She rescinded a $14 million dollar donation from UNLV's med school, because the president was pushed out by the board of reagents.  https://lasvegassun.com/news/2018/mar/14/concern-regents-leadership-unlv-med-school-funding/

"Kris Engelstad McGarry said the Engelstad Family Foundation had offered its $14 million gift on the contingency that Jessup and the medical school’s dean, Barbara Atkinson, would remain in place. Amid reports this week that Jessup was exploring opportunities elsewhere after facing pressure from some members of the Nevada Board of Regents, Engelstad McGarry said she was upset to learn that one of the regents’ complaints was about the contingency clause. She said the regents interpreted the provision as an attempt by Jessup to protect his job or somehow otherwise benefit from donor funding."

I don't see how rescinding a $14 million dollar donation to the med school helps the students at UNLV.  She is full of bull, and quite frankly, I think this shows that Kennedy has the balls to stand up for what he believes is best for the university.  She acts like a lobbyist does to a politician.  

Where do you think she gets it from?  Remember, Ralph demanded that Baker and Wanless be fired before he donated the money for the arena. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

This isn't a Kennedy issue, this is a McGarry issue.  This is repeated behavior from her.  She feels like she is entitled to run UND and UNLV due to the size of her pocket book.  You're not Dictator McGarry... sorry!   She rescinded a $14 million dollar donation from UNLV's med school, because the president was pushed out by the board of reagents.  https://lasvegassun.com/news/2018/mar/14/concern-regents-leadership-unlv-med-school-funding/

"Kris Engelstad McGarry said the Engelstad Family Foundation had offered its $14 million gift on the contingency that Jessup and the medical school’s dean, Barbara Atkinson, would remain in place. Amid reports this week that Jessup was exploring opportunities elsewhere after facing pressure from some members of the Nevada Board of Regents, Engelstad McGarry said she was upset to learn that one of the regents’ complaints was about the contingency clause. She said the regents interpreted the provision as an attempt by Jessup to protect his job or somehow otherwise benefit from donor funding."

I don't see how rescinding a $14 million dollar donation to the med school helps the students at UNLV.  She is full of bull, and quite frankly, I think this shows that Kennedy has the balls to stand up for what he believes is best for the university.  She acts like a lobbyist does to a politician.  

Is she gonna demand more games in Vegas? More % of ticket sales from the football team? Gotta wonder what her deal is, is she gonna run for president of UND when Kennedy is gone. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

She does come off as a spoiled brat. I suspected this during the who debacle months ago and this coming out now, after a successful game / event in Vegas, sort of confirms it for me. This is my opinion, like it or hate it, I don't care :cool:

I pointed this out months ago, but was told to shut up and kiss her royal feet. Pigs will fly and hell will freeze over before that happens.

• Upvote 2