SiouxSports.com Forum

Kennedy vs. Engelstad Foundation: GF herald feature

jdub27

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

If NDSU announced that they were adding a single green stripe to their yellow football pants, rest assured, there would be 500+ pages of discussion about it over on Bisonville...

And the word is spelled "complimenting."

The wheat stock down the middle of the matte green helmets was a stroke of genius but that’s beside the point.  

2 hours ago, Cratter said:

The Engelstad Family Foundation just gave $250,000 to ND Farm Rescue.

Accourding to a few on here..... UND Football's potential assistant coach pay raise (the 52%) was just laundered to an organization that really needs to just "feel the pinch" like everyone else. 

On 6/15/2018 at 9:46 PM, MafiaMan said:

If NDSU announced that they were adding a single green stripe to their yellow football pants, rest assured, there would be 500+ pages of discussion about it over on Bisonville...

And the word is spelled "complimenting."

That doesn't make it any less silly. 

On 6/1/2018 at 11:17 AM, Siouxperfan7 said:

new.jpg

12 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

north dakota under one hoop...fighting hawks under other one...and the logo at midcourt...

That's what you want to see as opposed to what was actually done?

4 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

That's what you want to see as opposed to what was actually done?

i would dare say most people would like to have some normal "home courts" as apposed this garbage we have...alerus is still the worst example of a home field in the history of history..

but...engelstad won't allow it

but...alerus won't allow it

but...the sioux forever crowd won't allow it

5 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i would dare say most people would like to have some normal "home courts" as apposed this garbage we have...alerus is still the worst example of a home field in the history of history..

but...engelstad won't allow it

but...alerus won't allow it

but...the sioux forever crowd won't allow it

Alerus will be getting new turf before we start MVFC play. Let’s see what they decide. Alerus has a big Hawk football logo on the outside of the building they have Hawk’d up the place more than any other building so the word is still out on what the new turf will be next year or early 2020.

8 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I don't think there's any guarantee of that. 

They have to replace the BSC logos so why wouldn’t they redue the rest or at least the end zones. The Alerus since it opened has never had a UND logo on the 50. It would be something to ask either the Alerus or the people at UND.

50 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

They have to replace the BSC logos so why wouldn’t they redue the rest or at least the end zones. The Alerus since it opened has never had a UND logo on the 50. It would be something to ask either the Alerus or the people at UND.

They may very well just have the logo stenciled on with a paint. At least that is what i'm thinking they probably do. If that's the case, no need to do anything drastic.

On 6/15/2018 at 10:51 AM, UND1983 said:

Because you know how to score interactions between Presidents and donors who own massive structures on campus.  This isn't the typical interaction but you know that already, I am sure.

Just saying that a President who goes into a discussion with a big time donor who thinks its about winning and losing is already on the wrong path - How do you Win and the donor loses?  If you keep winning you won't be playing the game for long...

• Upvote 2

On 6/15/2018 at 4:14 PM, The Sicatoka said:

The Engelstad Family Foundation has not received money from any of the three arena entities. 

The Engelstad Family Foundation has donated to the arena (via one of the entities). 

Go and look for yourself. It's all in Form 990. 

Could you maybe capitalize and bold the above entirely for the rest of the conspiracy theorists on the board...

• Upvote 2

On 6/15/2018 at 11:35 PM, Frozen4sioux said:

Accourding to a few on here..... UND Football's potential assistant coach pay raise (the 52%) was just laundered to an organization that really needs to just "feel the pinch" like everyone else. 

Yeah, the Farmers should be in discussions with that evil lady to make sure more of her family's money is appropriated fairly to them versus UND...where's Kennedy when you need a win for the Farmers!

9 minutes ago, BobIwabuchiFan said:

Just saying that a President who goes into a discussion with a big time donor who thinks its about winning and losing is already on the wrong path - How do you Win and the donor loses?  If you keep winning you won't be playing the game for long...

I am on a message board.  I am not speaking for President Kennedy and how he interacts with donors or his thought process heading into one.  I called it a victory on a message board.  Repeat.....

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

I am on a message board.  I am not speaking for President Kennedy and how he interacts with donors or his thought process heading into one.  I called it a victory on a message board.  Repeat.....

Its a victory that you have no details about yet?  Funny, wouldn't you wait until the facts come out before calling it a win?

2 minutes ago, BobIwabuchiFan said:

Its a victory that you have no details about yet?  Funny, wouldn't you wait until the facts come out before calling it a win?

Dude, you're on a message board.  

And yes, no matter what changed it would have been for the betterment of UND.  It certainly wasn't going to get worse for them or Kennedy would have thrown a fit, again.

• Upvote 1