SiouxSports.com Forum

Kennedy vs. Engelstad Foundation: GF herald feature

jdub27

25 minutes ago, Cratter said:

When UND athletics is a little cash strapped they have the option to use "institutional funds." 

If you're a fan of athletics and dislike music therapy this is a good thing.

It also helped trim the athletic department fat (cough womens hockey cough).

Pretty sure the athletic department was required to take cuts above and beyond what some other departments were, which is defensible. Before the first round of budget cuts they had to trim back their budget (institutional fund usage) and then shared in the pain the next two rounds as well.

On 6/14/2018 at 9:36 AM, AJS said:

Here's what I'll say about Kennedy, how he gets things done might need some fine tuning moving forward, but I couldn't be happier with the overall results. The agreement being the latest example, but also (I know a lot of factors played into it), but getting UND down to 17 sports was so important for the overall health of the athletic department.

I think UND is in a great spot with Kennedy and the new addition of Chaves as AD.

Three years of sales at Accenture, you tend to focus on outcomes, not the shine or lack thereof that comes with the process.   

Probably a reason why a search firm retained by the largest university in the country by enrollment came calling.  

“What the hell, I’ll throw my hat in the ring.”  

For this and looking at a 2nd generation billionaire cross-eyed he should be tarred, feathered and sent on a rail car out of GF.  Get a clue people, good Christ.  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

Probably a reason why a search firm retained by the largest university in the country by enrollment came calling.  

“What the hell, I’ll throw my hat in the ring.”  

For this and looking at a 2nd generation billionaire cross-eyed he should be tarred, feathered and sent on a rail car out of GF.  Get a clue people, good Christ.  

2cayjc.jpg

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

How much of this information is public?  Is there records out there that would show how much net profit the REA generated each year and how much it gave to UND?  If those numbers are not the same, then the REA is making money off of their giff, which I don't think is right.

How many more times must I link to Form 990 for the three arena entities in this thread? Search: Form 990 in this thread. Enjoy. All the data is public because of their charitable status (and as such they must file Form 990). 

PS - As a bonus I even found the 990 for the Engelstad FAMILY Foundation (which is a separate entity from the arena). 

43 minutes ago, Milford torgerson said:

Maybe.  The way this is all structured makes it hard to determine anything for a certainty.

The Engelstad Family Foundation has not received money from any of the three arena entities. 

The Engelstad Family Foundation has donated to the arena (via one of the entities). 

Go and look for yourself. It's all in Form 990. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

How many more times must I link to Form 990 for the three arena entities in this thread? Search: Form 990 in this thread. Enjoy. All the data is public because of their charitable status (and as such they must file Form 990). 

PS - As a bonus I even found the 990 for the Engelstad FAMILY Foundation (which is a separate entity from the arena). 

6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The Engelstad Family Foundation has not received money from any of the three arena entities. 

The Engelstad Family Foundation has donated to the arena (via one of the entities). 

Go and look for yourself. It's all in Form 990. 

Do you have a link where I can find this Form 990?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, streetsahead said:

Betty.JPG.1e04dc12ed9bb5c554a2fc50801e4e53.JPG

I assume the REA Inc bond payment noted above is for the Betty.  Looks like balance is $1.43 m and final payment is 2020.  So, it looks like UND will have paid for the basketball arena during the D1 transition and an annual amount of $500,000 will come available.

12 minutes ago, FSSD said:

Betty.JPG.1e04dc12ed9bb5c554a2fc50801e4e53.JPG

I assume the REA Inc bond payment noted above is for the Betty.  Looks like balance is $1.43 m and final payment is 2020.  So, it looks like UND will have paid for the basketball arena during the D1 transition and an annual amount of $500,000 will come available.

Doubt it, but hopefully it get's funneled back into the Betty.  They need bigger risers and money can always go into players and coaching areas.

5 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Are people actually complaining/ complementing a basketball court? Looks fine. Nothing special or bad about it 

If NDSU announced that they were adding a single green stripe to their yellow football pants, rest assured, there would be 500+ pages of discussion about it over on Bisonville...

And the word is spelled "complimenting."