SiouxSports.com Forum

Kennedy vs. Engelstad Foundation: GF herald feature

jdub27

13 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

I'm definitely no expert on color, but the old green to me seemed dark, first thought was Hunter Green.  The new one seems light, first thought was Lime Green.  Kelly Green is somewhere in between, correct?

Same change they made in the football helmets/jerseys.  UND green is brighter than what was previously used.  They got it right.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, petey23 said:

As I said before. for me I look at the floor or ice or turf initially when their is a new design and after that I don't really pay attention. As far as the Sioux logo vs. The hawk logo, big difference in recognition there and with the non ice sports the Hawk logo will likely not ever have national recognition just due to us being a small fish in the big NCAA pond in those sports.

Like college hockey gets national recognition? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Comparing it to the old court, it is definitely an upgrade.  The green color especially is much better and closer to our official school color green.

old.jpg

new.jpg

Where is The Summit League on the floor?  Thought that was supposed to be such a big thing.  Many if not all the Summit schools have it.

11 minutes ago, petey23 said:

I don't even know why I respond, but UND's Fighting Sioux logo was nationally recognizable.....in other news we landed on the moon.

The Hawk logo has been around for two years, and doesn’t have its picture on the front of hockey jerseys or plastered all over a 100 million dollar arena so comparing the two are apples and oranges. You said non-ice sports will likely never have national recognition. And I just pointed out that college hockey isn’t nationally known. People in Texas couldn’t care less about us and I’m sure people in Alabama don’t realize they have a DI hockey team in their own state. 

• Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Same change they made in the football helmets/jerseys.  UND green is brighter than what was previously used.  They got it right.

I didn't realize they were changing colors, I thought everything was supposed to be Kelly Green and any other shades were the result of adjoining colors, optical illusions, mistakes, and such...

2 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

I didn't realize they were changing colors, I thought everything was supposed to be Kelly Green and any other shades were the result of adjoining colors, optical illusions, mistakes, and such...

They're not technically changing the school's color, they're just starting to consistently use it.

I'm assuming if you go to the Betty, the floor will look much less lime green than it does in certain pictures right now. 

On 5/31/2018 at 12:20 PM, SiouxVolley said:

Jacobs and the Herald latch on to McGarry’s story as a way to drive Kennedy out of office.  Same old political song and dance never change for Jacobs, the time he doesn’t have to worry about flunking out of school.

Jacobs is retired and is at best a part-time columnist. Are you saying he’s leading the charge of removing Kennedy? 

35 minutes ago, Goon said:

Jacobs is retired and is at best a part-time columnist. Are you saying he’s leading the charge of removing Kennedy? 

A political party can count on Jacobs to spout what they want.  Everything is political to some people, including some posters here.

Everything is spiritual to me, as the Supreme leader is on high.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So what would be considered a win for Kennedy and acceptable?  100% of football ticket sales and 60% of everything else?  I think that Kennedy shouldn't have accepted anything less than that.  

Anything better than the current deal is a win.  

4 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So what would be considered a win for Kennedy and acceptable?  100% of football ticket sales and 60% of everything else?  I think that Kennedy shouldn't have accepted anything less than that.  

I'd say still having a job after he blew it up initially would be enough...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

7 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I'd be happy with 100% of football tickets.  But they'd need to ensure that REA doesn't just withhold more on the back end to make up for it.