SiouxSports.com Forum

Kennedy vs. Engelstad Foundation: GF herald feature

jdub27

6 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Or they can paint it on tomorrow if they want.

Unfortunately the Alerus decided to put two massive Alerus logos alteadyvat midfield so it would look waybto crowded. It’s not like the Fargodome where you have two text lines on either side of the logo. You would have 3 Lois at midfield. Way to busy. I am fairly confident that when it gets replaced, you will see the logo at midfield. The Alerus has already shown they comitement to working with UND in their rebranding efforts. Something the Ralph refuses to do. 

10 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Or they can paint it on tomorrow if they want.

Based on what? Are they redoing the turf or did they change the apparent sponsorship language? It's not like the court at the Betty or ice at the REA is scheduled to be redone anytime soon so it'd be simple to do. Or that those two arenas are the full-time homes for those UND programs instead of a renting tenant with no other affiliation. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I am fairly confident that when it gets replaced, you will see the logo at midfield. 

It's not the age of the turf that keeps the Fighting Hawks logo from the midfield. They can paint that anytime they want (Big Sky logos are going bye bye.)

It's that they sold the name at midfield to the highest bidder.

When UND runs the Betty, they'll probably have LM Glasfiber as the center logo.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Cratter said:

It's not the age of the turf that keeps the Fighting Hawks logo from the midfield. They can paint that anytime they want (Big Sky logos are going bye bye.)

It's that they sold the name at midfield to the highest bidder.

When UND runs the Betty, they'll probably have LM Glasfiber as the center logo.

Considering it's a public facility, that seems fairly logical. It also makes it a bit different than the REA/BESC, which UND pays millions of dollars to be the sole tenant of. 

3 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

I have wondered this because since birds have feathers it seems a good lawyer could defend this. Is there a lawyer here that can weigh in on this?

Having to often employ lawyers about the logo and nickname is the reason I was ready to rid ourselves of the retired ones.  It is a continual problem that would continue to reerupt.  Plenty of formidable programs have vanilla logos and mascots,  like the "ducks" for instance.

4 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Should have just gone with this logo.  Even the diehard #Siouxforever fans would be for this!! ;)

hawk.jpg

4 hours ago, nodak651 said:

People who keep posting these head dress hawk logos (which would be against ncaa guidelines and are not an option) are the reason we got stuck with the generic hawks nickname.  

You see a "head dress" and "Native American imagery" while all I see are feathers.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, petey23 said:

Well. I am not a fan, but for starters, their logo doesn't suck.

(Not directed at you)

It doesn’t suck despite being a generic, grunting grazer with turds on it’s fur, because they win. 

If NDSU’s football logo and mascot the past 50 years had been a Pekingese peeing on a lamp post it would now be awe inspiring, and Fargo would have a public hanging for the dork who changed it to bison.

In sports winning fixes everything. It will at UND too. 

9 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Yeah, spending money to put the schools athletic logo on the buildings their athletic teams play in is something you rarely see schools spend money on.  Give me a break.

but but but but but the poor athletes..... the coaches said it, you all quote it every other post..  the players need the logo at mid field/center court or they are disheartened.

Its your argument, so if its that damn important why throw out a perfectly good and serviceable sign instead of putting the money where it is so desperately needed. ... as you argue... intoncoaches salaries, lockerrooms, and and the holy grail of midfield?

Poor management of budget and expenditures. Something the REA agreement protects ALL UND Athletics from an increase of.

I guess you do need a break, from your own arguements maybe???

Watching you struggle with logic is like watching a puppy chasing its tail, and its just as entertaining.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

17 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Poor management of budget and expenditures. Something the REA agreement protects ALL UND Athletics from an increase of.

The other Dakota schools seem to skid by without oversight from an arena management company. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, petey23 said:

Well. I am not a fan, but for starters, their logo doesn't suck.

Tremendous point; no sense of bias or subjectivity at all with this statement. This answers the mid-field/mid-court logo concerns entirely; please, everyone, cease debate immediately. 

The fact there is so much division within the fan base regarding the school's sports emphasis and how the logo can't end up on mid-court/mid-field/mid-ice is certainly a concern. This type of divisiveness should not exist to begin with, but, it does and that is a huge issue. It hurts UND athletics. The sooner this is resolved, the sooner we can all be a united fan base (which is normal for collegiate athletics) and actually see UND accomplish big, new DI things. 

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Tremendous point; no sense of bias or subjectivity at all with this statement. This answers the mid-field/mid-court logo concerns entirely; please, everyone, cease debate immediately. 

The fact there is so much division within the fan base regarding the school's sports emphasis and how the logo can't end up on mid-court/mid-field/mid-ice is certainly a concern. This type of divisiveness should not exist to begin with, but, it does and that is a huge issue. It hurts UND athletics. The sooner this is resolved, the sooner we can all be a united fan base (which is normal for collegiate athletics) and actually see UND accomplish big, new DI things. 

There are many here, including myself, that are not fans of the logo but fully understand the need to have it visible at mid field/court/ice. Yet what is ironic is those, including myself, who have suggested that logo be at the 50 yard line have been given one BS line and excuse after another as to why it CAN'T be there. The hypocrisy of some here is mind numbing. I contacted a buddy who works in Arizona with these types of fields/turfs. He said to remove a logo and then add a different one takes time but isn't complicated or impossible as some here suggest. If MK needs to negotiate w McGarry on the mid ice/court logo issues then let's see if he has stones to take on those sponsors calling the shots for the Alerus and get the logo at the 50 yard line for this season.

#inthebestinterests

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

You see a "head dress" and "Native American imagery" while all I see are feathers.  

I see trademark infringement.

(You don't have to steal the whole image to have infringed.) 

15 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

There are many here, including myself, that are not fans of the logo but fully understand the need to have it visible at mid field/court/ice. Yet what is ironic is those, including myself, who have suggested that logo be at the 50 yard line have been given one BS line and excuse after another as to why it CAN'T be there. The hypocrisy of some here is mind numbing. I contacted a buddy who works in Arizona with these types of fields/turfs. He said to remove a logo and then add a different one takes time but isn't complicated or impossible as some here suggest. If MK needs to negotiate w McGarry on the mid ice/court logo issues then let's see if he has stones to take on those sponsors calling the shots for the Alerus and get the logo at the 50 yard line for this season.

#inthebestinterests

Who said it was impossible?  Nobody wants  a large seam around it, nobody.  So that means replacing the all of the entire panels that would encompass the Hawk.  That cannot be cheap.  

Would that go over well in this climate and who would pay for it?  

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

It will only be resolved when all of us curmudgeons die off. The POS of a logo and name was shoved down our throats and I will never forget that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

Who said it was impossible?  Nobody wants  a large seam around it, nobody.  So that means replacing the all of the entire panels that would encompass the Hawk.  That cannot be cheap.  

Would that go over well in this climate and who would pay for it?  

Climate?   It's an indoor stadium with all temperature parameters controlled.  (I kid of course)

The hockey program.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

Climate?   It's an indoor stadium with all temperature parameters controlled.  (I kid of course)

The hockey program.

Well, by all means then!  We got ourselves a Hawk logo at midfield folks.  :D

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MrEdway said:

It will only be resolved when all of us curmudgeons die off. The POS of a logo and name was shoved down our throats and I will never forget that.

Also, put it on your headstone to cement your legacy forever.  

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, UND1983 said:

I demand they not have two words at midcourt instead of a logo.  :huh:

Well, just pony up about $20 million and I'm sure you will get someone at the University to let you do it!  But remember, once you give the gift you are out of the decision making process because the school always knows best how to spend your money....