SiouxSports.com Forum

Kennedy vs. Engelstad Foundation: GF herald feature

jdub27

54 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I was going to mock one up with a giant turd in place of the logo but I figured the snowflakes wouldn't get the joke,  and even if they did, they'd be out of work/school/institution for the rest of the week claiming PTSD episodes.

Easy snowflake. We're truly sorry you lost your nickname.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I was going to mock one up with a giant turd in place of the logo but I figured the snowflakes wouldn't get the joke,  and even if they did, they'd be out of work/school/institution for the rest of the week claiming PTSD episodes.

Thanks for providing nothing to this conversation.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, northernraider said:

Thanks for providing nothing to this conversation.

Literally worked up the logo on court so the content provided was actually quite relevant. But thanks for the ignorant comment. Congrats. 

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I worked this up took a bit of work to properly lay in the lines required.

I do not have the New Font, If I did i would mock up another one with "NORTH DAKOTA" on the ends.

The court I feel needs to also have the North Dakota wordmark.

UND Floor Hawk FH end.jpg

7 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Literally worked up the logo on court so the content provided was actually quite relevant. But thanks for the ignorant comment. Congrats. 

Nice work. Not a completely awful look with the logo at center court but I'd probably still prefer the giant turd! ;)

6 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

It’s common knowledge. People look the other way because the arena is nice and the team wins.

It's easy to tarnish the legacy of someone who has passed away. How much should the foundation give UND? We need them and insulting them isn't the way to put handle this. 

2 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I do not have the New Font, If I did i would mock up another one with "NORTH DAKOTA" on the ends.

You could put North Dakota along the sidelines.

46 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

This too, looks nice.

I also would have like if they went out-of-the box for their court design... but how do you encompass ND like these courts

59402706277b37e38143eb7ef89433b7--basket

courtspng-3125188_768x432.jpg

18 minutes ago, cberkas said:

You could put North Dakota along the sidelines.

if anybody has the font file I could do that.

It would not look too bad along the sidelines.

having looked at everything I would say The university and KEM should settle with putting the logo in Betty floor in exchange for an apology from Mr K , an honorarium to Ralph reaffirming our appreciation for the gift , a bronze bust in Twamley or something , and an agreement to work toward the future.

Really after watching the video interview from KEM it is clear Kennedy can not totally “win” this fight he has picked, She looks to me as a person who would be willing o go nuclear, and I think that could damage the university for generations.

this is just too stupid to fight anymore on now, cost benefit does not appear to be there.

2 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Now there.  That looks good to me, right?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

That would be busy for me and would cause 1983 too have full blown vertigo spell!

1 minute ago, Frozen4sioux said:

having looked at everything I would say The university and KEM should settle with putting the logo in Betty floor in exchange for an apology from Mr K , an honorarium to Ralph reaffirming our appreciation for the gift , a bronze bust in Twamley or something , and an agreement to work toward the future.

Really after watching the video interview from KEM it is clear Kennedy can not totally “win” this fight he has picked, She looks to me as a person who would be willing o go nuclear, and I think that could damage the university for generations.

this is just too stupid to fight anymore on now, cost benefit does not appear to be there.

Or put North Dakota on both end lines and take the small logos off for the center logo. Could also do North Dakota on one end and Fighting Hawks on the other end.

4 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Or put North Dakota on both end lines and take the small logos off for the center logo. Could also do North Dakota on one end and Fighting Hawks on the other end.

This. No baseline logos.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Now there.  That looks good to me, right?

No the logo still sucks,     ;)  itlooks like a logo placed in the middle of a bouncy ball court, 

It does actually look the same or better than just the North Dakota, the way the lines have to be painted does cause more of a distraction on the logo than the word mark.

really it’s basketball, who cares

2 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

No the logo still sucks,     ;)  itlooks like a logo placed in the middle of a bouncy ball court, 

It does actually look the same or better than just the North Dakota, the way the lines have to be painted does cause more of a distraction on the logo than the word mark.

really it’s basketball, who cares

BJ cares. If one reads the tea leaves in his comments over the past couple years his teams would have 4-5 more wins at home if the floor looked like that!

3 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Looks better already. Personally i would so like NDSU does and remove the black circle at the middle. Most schools find a way to make it suttle on the court. Also make it bigger, again like the size of he Bison logo. Fighting Hawks on one end, Norb Dakots ok the other. If you can mock that up, hat would be awesome!! :)

• Like 1

My bottom line to all of this:

Those two… need to make it work.

Neither one is going away anytime soon.

Come to a solution that will be good for both parties moving forward. 

SBoHE isn't going to fire Kennedy over this or any other of the "transgressions".  

Lastly, UND needs to get out of the mire and the malaise. 

It needs to be: Its Morning Again at UND

8 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Looks better already. Personally i would so like NDSU does and remove the black circle at the middle. Most schools find a way to make it suttle on the court. Also make it bigger, again like the size of he Bison logo. Fighting Hawks on one end, Norb Dakots ok the other. If you can mock that up, hat would be awesome!! :)

What is the point of the black center circle? 

6 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Seriously I did make it bigger but it kinda looks like the bird is about to be sucking a big wang made up by the lane and top of key.

Take that as you may but it looked awkward.

It also then impedes what will be the sponsor logos, those areas need to be somewhat spatially protected from encroachment in order to maintain their value.

26 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

The center logo at the Betty could be a compromise for no logo on the ice, unless Kennedy and/or McGarry thinks getting a logo at the Betty is a way to get a logo on the ice, kind of a all or nothing mentality.

4 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

My bottom line to all of this:

Those two… need to make it work.

Neither one is going away anytime soon.

Come to a solution that will be good for both parties moving forward. 

SBoHE isn't going to fire Kennedy over this or any other of the "transgressions".  

Lastly, UND needs to get out of the mire and the malaise. 

It needs to be: Its Morning Again at UND

That is something KEM needs to understand, our SBHE ain’t going to do a damn thing, they seem to be as impotent as a Nevada boxing commissioner.