SiouxSports.com Forum

Kennedy vs. Engelstad Foundation: GF herald feature

jdub27

7 minutes ago, UND1981 said:

If I told you, I'd have to kill you.  No kidding, I speak the truth. 

The day you try to kill me, don't miss; I don't. Like daddy taught me: Never shoot first; always shoot last. ;) 

It's public information that Strinden favored Nodaks (was in the Herald) and he's on the board of at least one entity. So, complete the information package. 

4 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

PPPS - If you're correct, why didn't REA come riding in with the white hat on the white horse with a fabulous nickname and logo and save us all from this? 

Great question!  I don't know the answer.

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The day you try to kill me, don't miss; I don't. Like daddy taught me: Never shoot first; always shoot last. ;) 

It's public information that Strinden favored Nodaks (was in the Herald) and he's on the board of at least one entity. So, complete the information package. 

I'm not revealing my source. 

Speaking of Hodgson.... From the history scrolls http://www.grandforksherald.com/content/rea-general-manager-dont-expect-changes-arena

Nothing will be changing in Ralph Engelstad Arena if general manager Jody Hodgson has anything to say about it.

"I'll have to discuss this with the board (of directors) as well. But, if I have anything to do with it, nothing in the building will ever change. Nobody will ever be allowed to change anything.

"It would be the utmost sign of disrespect if anybody ever tries to deface that building. If I have anything to say on the matter, that will never happen. Never."

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2037905536473367&id=1719153821681875

I'm ready to go South in the winter & come back to my lake place spring summer fall & this is going to make this happen - If the Ralph shut down there would be zero reason to live in Grand Forks & I've been here 45 yrs (35yrs with  season Hockey tickets) - This is one of the most pathetic things I have ever seen happen here - Folks need to wake up & All get involved from City Region State to resolve this. - Embarrassing 

• Downvote 3

1 minute ago, Fetch said:

I'm ready to go South in the winter & come back to my lake place spring summer fall & this is going to make this happen - If the Ralph shut down there would be zero reason to live in Grand Forks & I've been here 45 yrs - This is one of the most pathetic things I have ever seen happen here - Folks need to wake up & All get involved from City Region State to resolve this. - Embarrassing 

REA is NOT going to "shut down". They need us to fill that arena to make money to keep up with maintenance, utilities, etc. And your canard about an AHL team coming in and adopting the Fighting Sioux name and logo is not going to happen either.

This is the logical result of a rich heiress being stood up to for the first time ever by a President with a backbone. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Upvote 1

Just now, fightingsioux4life said:

The problem is that your hero MISS McGarry doesn't seem to want to do that either.

First of all she isn't my "hero".  You are starting to act like Darell.

Second as it has been mentioned many times in this thread...........she holds the pen.

I would hope Kennedy would try to work with her but if she is completely unreasonable in all discussions moving forward well then .....................................

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

First of all she isn't my "hero".  You are starting to act like Darell.

Second as it has been mentioned many times in this thread...........she holds the pen.

I would hope Kennedy would try to work with her but if she is completely unreasonable in all discussions moving forward well then .....................................

That is my point. She is being completely unreasonable because Kennedy won't roll over when she snaps her fingers. And that isn't going to change.

How can Kennedy work with someone who runs to the media and lies through her teeth? She is not an honest broker.

If we are going to cave into her every whim, we might as well make her de-facto President.

3 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

REA is NOT going to "shut down". They need us to fill that arena to make money to keep up with maintenance, utilities, etc. And your canard about an AHL team coming in and adopting the Fighting Sioux name and logo is not going to happen either.

This is the logical result of a rich heiress being stood up to for the first time ever by a President with a backbone. Nothing more, nothing less.

Get a AHL affiliate of Winnipeg or Wild & I just might die (freeze to death ) here :' )

• Downvote 2

Just now, fightingsioux4life said:

That is my point. She is being completely unreasonable because Kennedy won't roll over when she snaps her fingers. And that isn't going to change.

If we are going to cave into her every whim, we might as well make her de-facto President.

He is supposed to have UND's best interests in mind............IMO that would include trying get this fiasco resolved. If he basically says "I can't work with her anymore" then UND will need to start selling lots of Hawk hats and that's ok as well.

6 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

The problem is that your hero MISS McGarry doesn't seem to want to do that either.

Although I dislike the way McGarry has gone about handling this issue, what's with the constant reference to "MISS McGarry"?  Is it supposed to be a diss of some sort?

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Although I dislike the way McGarry has gone about handling this issue, what's with the constant reference to "MISS McGarry"?  Is it supposed to be a diss of some sort?

I am expressing my feelings regarding her spoiled rotten entitled attitude. She acts like everyone works for her and owes her everything. She obviously did not learn much from her dad about treating people right and being an honest broker in business.

I stopped calling her a princess when some people complained, so I switched to using MISS instead of Ms. I suppose I could just drop it altogether.