SiouxSports.com Forum

Kennedy vs. Engelstad Foundation: GF herald feature

jdub27

2 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So doing something once is "actively"?  If that is the case, I have "actively" been taking a dump all day! :D

Eat some cheese or bananas..............................

6 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

The most important thing in all this isn't the logo at mid court at the Betty.  It is Kennedy going to REA and telling them things that he would like the REA to do to benefit UND, then the REA basically telling him tough luck, we do what we want.  And that being in direct violation to the contract they had having the REA doing things in the best interests of UND.  If the REA is confused as to what the best interests of UND are, maybe one place to look is the President of UND telling you what they are!

Assigning assumption to erroneous interpretation.

Just because you keep saying this phrase doesn't make it more true or impart consequence. 

How to re-phrase ..

" In my opinion, it would better serve the university if REA would compromise with the University's requests to streamline branding. I feel that this would be more in the spirit of the concept of an "overall benefit to UND as a whole".."

.... gunna get you edumacated yet.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Assigning assumption to erroneous interpretation.

Just because you keep saying this phrase doesn't make it more true or impart consequence. 

How to re-phrase ..

" In my opinion, it would better serve the university if REA would compromise with the University's requests to streamline branding. I feel that this would be more in the spirit of the concept of an "overall benefit to UND as a whole".."

.... gunna get you edumacated yet.

I don't think Kennedy rephrasing it like it would have made any difference.  They would have replied the same way.  When your mind is made up about something, no one is going to change your mind.

4 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

"I'm not sure of many other places where the wishes of the athletic department are not the governing operative, whether the facility is owned or leased or not."

Like him or hate him, Kennedy has a valid point here.  

With a quote like that, I wonder if there has been discussions with the Alerus Center regarding the logo.

• Upvote 1

Just now, andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!! said:

With a quote like that, I wonder if there has been discussions with the Alerus Center regarding the logo.

I would think so but wonder the cost of cutting out the turf, etc.  probably not too unbelievable but that would be the next thing people bitch about during budget cut time.

Why are the Engelstad Foundation folks the only REA Inc. board members consulted by REA Inc. management?  Who selects the REA Inc. board members?  I'd like to see these questions answered by the Herald, UND, or the REA.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

I've been reached out to by headhunters and potential employers. 

It's never taken my focus away from the job already in hand.

It'd better not, or you run the risk of having neither. 

rule #243--it is always easier to find another job while you have a job to leave.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Why are the Engelstad Foundation folks the only REA Inc. board members consulted by REA Inc. management?  Who selects the REA Inc. board members?  I'd like to see these questions answered by the Herald, UND, or the REA.

Herald calling Rob Port.

(MBB Coach Brian) Jones was quoted as saying. "To keep it really simple, it is who we are now. We need to turn the page and be a united front and all look the same."

And this from the man who finally broke down from Nike and went with the department wide Adidas deal. 

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/4446387-emails-show-kennedy-engelstad-feud-centered-logo-betty 

I wonder if the NCAA has taken notice of this adventure in playing surface logos yet. 

You'd hate for an "inspection team" from the NCAA offices show up at REA and look to verify that REA is living up to the settlement agreement that they signed. You know folks like that would find some itty-bitty little thing that's not fully to the agreement and then push. 

27 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

How are people appointed to the REA board? Are they elected?