SiouxSports.com Forum

Kennedy vs. Engelstad Foundation: GF herald feature

jdub27

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

On top of that, people, including Jody Hodgson, Jeff Cooper (Engelstad Foundation Trustee) and James Waddoups (attorney who has worked with the Engelstads), spent 10 months coming up with a revised framework for the Usage Agreement and the REA Board promptly rejected it.

Interesting that after Kennedy emailed Hodgson regarding concerns over the Betty center court logo, Jody said he would "send this information to Kris, Jeff, and James" and get back to him after he's received feedback from them.  Are those 3 the only ones on the board with a say on what really goes on at REA?

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

At least it finally comes out and vindicates everything that we have been saying about the REA and their unwillingness to transition.  

REA doesn't have to abide to UND in any way.  I'm surprised they even agreed to put Fighting Hawks on the ends of the court.  They could have just put a REA logo or Betty Englestad Sioux Center logo at center court and not mention UND in any way.  It's their arena.  Look at the Alerus Center also - they don't have to put a Hock logo there.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

3 minutes ago, YAWNSON said:

REA doesn't have to abide to UND in any way.  I'm surprised they even agreed to put Fighting Hawks on the ends of the court.  They could have just put a REA logo or Betty Englestad Sioux Center logo at center court and not mention UND in any way.  It's their arena.  Look at the Alerus Center also - they don't have to put a Hock logo there.  

Exactly right.  At least it's all out there now.  

11 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

At least it finally comes out and vindicates everything that we have been saying about the REA and their unwillingness to transition.  

say what you want about rob port...but i guess this pissing match is over who has control of center court/ice at the ralph and betty...pretty sad stuff going on here.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

There you go again, criticizing someone because they don't believe in your extraordinarily biased views. You are tremendously one-sided in your thoughts (REA, Fighting Sioux, hockey priority) and, quite frankly, self-centered in regards to the desires of the actual UND students and student-athletes. 

You are exemplifying a trend that shows major deficiencies in your reasoning rather than everyone else's.    

AGAIN ... NO! you are incapable of understanding how to analyze information or present it. Your opinions were eviscerated for their lack of mental competency.

Your manifesto was evaluated and deemed a massive failure of logic and factual information.

And you still think that's opinion. Its not. Its just fact.

You are faulty in your conclusions and assumptions. Period.

That's the end story here, you don't have to fall in line with my opinion but when you put out false and misleading information you can't just claim the critical nature of that to be "one-sided " or project the thoughts and feelings of a few people upon an entire demographic.  Which you do almost every time you post!!  its disingenuous of the facts.

This and the other logins used can whine all you want about Hockey, REA, whatever but..... Its the Top Dog, the Focal point of the Athletic department, plays in the highest and most Visible national conference, and generates by far the largest revenue, media attention , and national notoriety for the University  and you have to just accept that and move on instead of constantly trying to sink that boat in order to float yours.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, YAWNSON said:

They don't have the Hawks logo on the field either. That's a fact.

33 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

And you said MY comments were "demented"? Look in the mirror buddy.

And if you really plan on taking money from the Champions Club, you are hurting the student-athletes that play on these teams that we cheer for.

But you have your nose so far up MISS McGarry's a$$, you can't see that.

I will support the scholarships and programs I wish to, as you can.

I am not attuned to the environment of Miss McGarry's posterior but am very great full the program I love has benefited so greatly from her families generosity.

The difference here is that I would in no way be jealous or try to tear down the support of another donors gifts to other programs. 

Man your logins are just seething with hate today.   I feel it, it warms me.

• Downvote 3

1 minute ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I will support the scholarships and programs I wish to, as you can.

I am not attuned to the environment of Miss McGarry's posterior but am very great full the program I love has benefited so greatly from her families generosity.

The difference here is that I would in no way be jealous or try to tear down the support of another donors gifts to other programs. 

Man your logins are just seething with hate today.   I feel it, it warms me.

Do you really think FS4L has multiple logins, or is that just a way to diss him?  

21 minutes ago, YAWNSON said:

REA doesn't have to abide to UND in any way.  

Actually yes they do. The foundational documents require the facilities to "be managed in a manner that best serves UND's needs". Repeat, this is the document that governs how the REA is to operate. Kennedy further references this by stating UND is the landlord and sole beneficiary of the financial results of the REA. Kennedy isn't making things up as he goes, he is backed up by the foundation's governing documents. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Summit-League_Denver__Magness_Arena-2__1

I'm going to assume something and I know that can be dangerous.  My guess is that the University of Denver has chosen to use "Denver" rather than their logo of their own volition rather than having that choice dictated to them by the management of an arena.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Actually yes they do. The foundational documents require the facilities to "be managed in a manner that best serves UND's needs". Repeat, this is the document that governs how the REA is to operate. Kennedy further references this by stating UND is the landlord and sole beneficiary of the financial results of the REA. Kennedy isn't making things up as he goes, he is backed up by the foundation's governing documents. 

And now speaking as a guy who serves on a board that also files a Form 990, if you don't follow your organizational documents, your charter, your policies, you stand to risk losing tax exempt status because you failed to act in good faith to the documents that got you tax exempt status in the first place. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

This problem KEM created for herself ("it's not about the logo!" but her own emails to MRK say it is) looks all the worse in light of her ongoing spat over a $14M donation to her alma mater (UNLV). 

I am guessing she found out about the open records laws in ND and realized that she had to get out in front of this story to control the narrative.  It worked...temporarily, until the facts come out.

• Like 1