SiouxSports.com Forum

Kennedy vs. Engelstad Foundation: GF herald feature

jdub27

6 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Seeing as they donated $20,000 in 2016, and give football sales back to either UND or the city, I don’t think the school will be hurting.

Factor in the profit from the sales of all the FH gear UND is raking in and Kennedy will announce this fall plans to break ground on a new on campus FB stadium.

9 minutes ago, Csonked Out said:

it has nothing to do with ungratefulness, but the gift wasn't without a price. The bottom line is they have a lease agreement with us that is very one sided. The Ralph was gifted to benefit the University, yet here we are losing millions in revenue annually to the foundation and that money isn't coming back to UND as originally planned. Lease agreements matter to a university and the lack of state funding is making it a problem. 

is this true...i can't make out what exactly UND is losing with these agreements...but are we losing millions EVERY YEAR in revenue to the foundation?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

is this true...i can't make out what exactly UND is losing with these agreements...but are we losing millions EVERY YEAR in revenue to the foundation?

it is a big number. I am waiting until I see the 2017 numbers to say anything further.

5 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

To the REA foundation.

No money goes to the Engelstad Foundation.

The REA uses that money, along with donations, to upgrade the locker rooms, upgrade the scoreboard, build the betty, upgrade the betty, upgrade the ralph, pay its bills, etc. And then what is left over give back to the University.

2 minutes ago, Cratter said:

To the REA foundation.

The REA uses that money, along with donations, to upgrade the locker rooms, build the betty, upgrade the betty, pay its bills, etc. And then what is left over give back to the University.

Stop........it all goes to buying more Hilter memorabilia.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Cratter said:

To the REA foundation.

The REA uses that money, along with donations, to upgrade the locker rooms, build the betty, upgrade the betty, pay its bills, etc. And then what is left over give back to the University.

so what's everyone arguing about is that since REA is seens as pro hockey they are directing too much money from fb bball vball to the hockey side of the blanace sheet?

Just now, Cratter said:

To the REA foundation.

So how much did hey receive in 2016 to only give back 20 grand? Do they pay for upgrades for the football program when they get their ticket sales?

3 minutes ago, Cratter said:

What?

The REA gave back more than $20,000 in 2016.

For that year, the family foundation gave only $20,000 to the UND alumni group. In that same year, the foundation gave $37,000 to the club hockey program at the University of Nevada Las Vegas. Financial reports for 2017 aren't yet available.

https://www.wday.com/news/education/4443817-i-want-see-him-do-his-job-kris-engelstad-mcgarry-describes-hostile

10 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

so what's everyone arguing about is that since REA is seens as pro hockey they are directing too much money from fb bball vball to the hockey side of the blanace sheet?

Pretty much.

UND wants that $800,000 to spend how they see fit instead of the REA spending it on a new roof for the Betty.

And why a lot of people fear when UND takes over the complex, as it'll likely fall into disarray like all the other "deferred maintenance" and "scheduled to be demolished" when they look around campus.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Cratter said:

What?

The REA gave back more than $20,000 in 2016.

The premises is any dollars the Foundation pillages from the University it is required to return it times 10 annually. You missed that memo.

Just now, darell1976 said:

Would that prompt McGarry to run to the GFH and bash Kennedy? 

She has friends that work at the Herald and when they found out she was in town. They asked her if they could have an on the record interview with her....and the juicy parts of what she had to say are what you see.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Cratter said:

She has friends that work at the Herald and when they found out she was in town. They asked her if they could have an on the record interview with her....and the juicy parts of what she had to say are what you see.

So is the contract done in 2030 or is it a year by year? By the way this was all brought up sounds like it’s a long term that Kennedy wants to either end or renegotiate.

3 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

The alphabet is too complicated for you Edgewood.

Correct.......that is why I speak 5 different languages. ;)

Always me to be a star at Taco Bell and a Chinese buffet.