SiouxSports.com Forum

New Mascot

petey23

Mascot Name  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Now that UND has voted on and approved a new Hawk Mascot, it is time to name the Hawk.

• Tommy
    • Mike
    • F.N.
    • Mx.
    • Chatan
    • Darell

1 hour ago, cberkas said:

Going with Darell as the name, you can tell the story of how Darell brought everyone together to except the Fighting Hawks name. It can be like a folk tale.

I thought he just spouted off about how great the new nickname and logo are and then yelled at anyone who didn't like it calling them bad fans.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

I thought he just spouted off about how great the new nickname and logo are and then yelled at anyone who didn't like it calling them bad fans.

To quote Darell.........

download.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

So jokes people have been making about another process and committe and vote.... are actually coming true.

Students have been asked to submit names to a committee for aproval, that will be then evaluated and selected for a voting process to select a name for the mascot.

Its just so damn sad the pathetic continues.

And the few hawkpologist just double down on letting the patheticness just finish on their face.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

So jokes people have been making about another process and committe and vote.... are actually coming true.

Students have been asked to submit names to a committee for aproval, that will be then evaluated and selected for a voting process to select a name for the mascot.

Its just so damn sad the pathetic continues.

And the few hawkpologist just double down on letting the patheticness just finish on their face.

What did you want the school to do? UND has moved on the from the Fighting Sioux nickname. The other UND sports have accepted and embraced the new logo.

The men's hockey team and many fans haven't. Each individual fan has their own reason for or against. That said. Do you expect the school to not promote the new logo and hide from it? Seriously, the school needs to sell merchandise. It's part of a marketing plan. Notice you're seeing more and more of it. Drive downtown in Grand Forks, the logo is on the light poles. 

Whether we like it or not. The Sioux nickname isn't coming back, ever. It died on the hill of political correctness. I am just stating facts. Selecting a name for a mascot is part of the process. I decided to embrace the history of the old logo and I've purchased some new stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Goon said:

What did you want the school to do? UND has moved on the from the Fighting Sioux nickname. The other UND sports have accepted and embraced the new logo.

The men's hockey team and many fans haven't. Each individual fan has their own reason for or against. That said. Do you expect the school to not promote the new logo and hide from it? Seriously, the school needs to sell merchandise. It's part of a marketing plan. Notice you're seeing more and more of it. Drive downtown in Grand Forks, the logo is on the light poles. 

Whether we like it or not. The Sioux nickname isn't coming back, ever. It died on the hill of political correctness. I am just stating facts. Selecting a name for a mascot is part of the process. I decided to embrace the history of the old logo and I've purchased some new stuff. 

Im critical of the moronic process that  continues to be a running joke. 

Yes every organization needs to market but decades of brand marketing behind this monstrosity is not going to change, why keep throwing money they dont have behind a symbol nobody wants?

Sioux isnt coming back,  but any leadership worth a crap should have been able to make a real decision instead of acting like impotent msheep as this process produced a reult as pathetic and bland as anyone with a brain predicted it would.

I get you have to fall in lock step behind the Hawkzi movement in order to keep the good graces of the media approval people. There not going to let anyone into the Fhåwkbunker without swearing loyalty to the swastihawk.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Im critical of the moronic process that  continues to be a running joke. 

Yes every organization needs to market but decades of brand marketing behind this monstrosity is not going to change, why keep throwing money they dont have behind a symbol nobody wants?

Sioux isnt coming back,  but any leadership worth a crap should have been able to make a real decision instead of acting like impotent msheep as this process produced a reult as pathetic and bland as anyone with a brain predicted it would.

I get you have to fall in lock step behind the Hawkzi movement in order to keep the good graces of the media approval people. There not going to let anyone into the Fhåwkbunker without swearing loyalty to the swastihawk.

I prefer swHawkstika

31 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I get it you have to fall in lock step behind the Hawkzi movement in order to keep the good graces of the media approval people. They're not going to let anyone into the Fhåwkbunker without swearing loyalty to the swastihawk.

Wow, I am pretty sure that Jayson has never told me what we can and can't support or write. I thought we addressed that when Rob Port made that silly claim. Although, we did joke about it a few times. Hey, what do you want me to write about? When do we meet for talking points? 

No! It's not like that. 

Also, UND isn't like that. No other official from UND has ever briefed the press/media types to tell them what they can or cannot write or support. They only asked that writers refrain from calling UND the Fighting Sioux, because, it's not their official name anymore. This is going on six years. Look around, more and more the new logo is popping up everywhere. Go to the grade schools around town. You see the Hawks logo everywhere. 

I am a big supporter of the 1A. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Goon said:

Wow, I am pretty sure that Jayson has never told me what we can and can't support or write. I thought we addressed that when Rob Port made that silly claim. Although, we did joke about it a few times. Hey, what do you want me to write about? When do we meet for talking points? 

No! It's not like that. 

Also, UND isn't like that. No other official from UND has ever briefed the press/media types to tell them what they can or cannot write or support. They only asked that writers refrain from calling UND the Fighting Sioux, because, it's not their official name anymore. This is going on six years. Look around, more and more the new logo is popping up everywhere. Go to the grade schools around town. You see the Hawks logo everywhere. 

I am a big supporter of the 1A. 

The new logo is "popping up everywhere" due to the money being spent (wasted) on the aggressive branding campaign NOT because its being accepted. 

They let you around grade schools???.

I kid, I kid..... ;)-

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

The new logo is "popping up everywhere" due to the money being spent (wasted) on the aggressive branding campaign NOT because its being accepted. 

They let you around grade schools???.

I kid, I kid..... ;)-

Yes, I have a child that’s in grade school. 

8 minutes ago, petey23 said:

The best thing about the Hawk Mascot is it will give them something to put on apparel instead of the horrible logo we have.

I can go with that but I’ll save my money and continue wearing my many many Sioux shirts, hats, and jerseys. 

• Upvote 1