SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs

cberkas

10 hours ago, Shawn-O said:

A bunch of castaways or the Caps exercise the demons. Great story either way.  

I think just calling them a bunch of castaways is WAAAAY underestimating what Vegas has done this year.  1st year expansion team making it to the Finals (and are probably the favorite)!  I honestly think that George McPhee is so bad at his job, that he tried to put together a rag-tag team that would finish near last in their division and the league, so they could get a top pick next year and try to "build" this team.  But in his massive failure, he put together a Stanley Cup favorite!

14 hours ago, Shawn-O said:

A bunch of castaways or the Caps exercise the demons. Great story either way.  

14 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I hate it when those demons get out of shape. 

4 hours ago, Shawn-O said:

Exorcise :lol:

2axkzm.jpg

10 hours ago, Ray77 said:

I think just calling them a bunch of castaways is WAAAAY underestimating what Vegas has done this year.  1st year expansion team making it to the Finals (and are probably the favorite)!  I honestly think that George McPhee is so bad at his job, that he tried to put together a rag-tag team that would finish near last in their division and the league, so they could get a top pick next year and try to "build" this team.  But in his massive failure, he put together a Stanley Cup favorite!

I think McPhee did it right, a good core group with assets that could be traded at the end of the year. The thing is these guys wanted to win and just happen to buy in and work together well.