SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs

cberkas

15 hours ago, Goon said:

Sharks fans are all as$$ed up and want Corey Perry suspended for this hit. Here's the deal, this isn't worthy of a suspension, a two-minute minor was the correct call. However, you should know who's on the ice at all times. 

Is this a questionable hit? Of course, it is. 

12 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Goon, the word you're looking for is "defenseless".
That's the word the Office of Player Safety will be using. 

And it fits on a couple levels:
- 68 was standing stationary in open ice, defenseless
- there was no need to apply that contact to someone without the puck; choosing to make the hit is defenseless

Perry will probably get a one game. 

I agree with Sic.  That hit is definitely worth a suspension.

1 minute ago, Ray77 said:

That looks all body to me, doesn't it? He may even have his stick on the puck but I'm not sure. What was the penalty? charging or interference?

7 minutes ago, Ray77 said:

The Kadre hit had three factors that earned it three games:
- the head
- the boards
- a defenseless player who was having no impact on the course of play at the time 

The Perry hit only has one of those (defenseless) but I do believe it will garner a one game based on ... 

Doughty got one game for this hit. It only had one of those three factors (head). 

10 minutes ago, joeyjr said:

That looks all body to me, doesn't it? He may even have his stick on the puck but I'm not sure. What was the penalty? charging or interference?

Who reviews the hit? The Department of Player Safety. <-- key word

Was that hit necessary to the course of play? If not, it is unnecessary and can be argued as dangerous play. 

We live in a post-concussion world people. 

11 minutes ago, Ray77 said:

There's not going to be one. If he had a hearing it would've been announced already. Now, this hit is worthy of a game. Erik Haula with the butt-end to the chops. 

13 minutes ago, Goon said:

There's not going to be one. If he had a hearing it would've been announced already. Now, this hit is worthy of a game. Erik Haula with the butt-end to the chops. 

The more level angle shows he was barely touched, then threw he’s head back. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Kings coach gets fined for his comments after the game.

16 hours ago, Goon said:

The Flyers looked flat today and had trouble in the offensive zone. I thought their goalie was horrible.If I was Hak, I'd play Lyon in net. 

Murray changed/decided this game in first 15 minutes. Flyers could have easily been up 4 and should have at least been up by 2 after 1.

Doughty didn't react to what happened (Haula/Kopitar) and he was right there. 

With the way they allow gloves in the face in the post-season, will they look at Haula's glove/stick? Plus, if DPS looks at Haula they have to look at the cross-check (driving man to the ice) immediately before it.

5 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Murray changed/decided this game in first 15 minutes. Flyers could have easily been up 4 and should have at least been up by 2 after 1.

Matt Murray did what he had to do: weather the first 10 minutes of the game on the road. 

9 minutes ago, Goon said:

Jets fans and the coaching staff are also upset today. 

Here's the hit in question if you haven't seen it. 

I agree with Russo and the Wild coach. 

He doesn’t look to be blocking a shot, and when you fall your hand would go toward the ice not the back of someone’s knee. It also looks that he is punching at his knee in an upward manner.

44 minutes ago, cberkas said:

He doesn’t look to be blocking a shot, and when you fall your hand would go toward the ice not the back of someone’s knee. It also looks that he is punching at his knee in an upward manner.

This is also hardly worthy of a suspension. It's a freak accident. Scanning Twitter, some Jets fans have been attacking Russo today. My buddy from Winnipeg called the Wild dirty. The Wild are one of the smallest teams in the NHL. 

1 hour ago, Goon said:

This is also hardly worthy of a suspension. It's a freak accident. Scanning Twitter, some Jets fans have been attacking Russo today. My buddy from Winnipeg called the Wild dirty. The Wild are one of the smallest teams in the NHL. 

"Though he be but little, he is fierce". 

_ Bill S.  

8 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Who reviews the hit? The Department of Player Safety. <-- key word

Was that hit necessary to the course of play? If not, it is unnecessary and can be argued as dangerous play. 

We live in a post-concussion world people. 

I've seen worse not be suspended a few times already . . . the department is so inconsistent it is ridiculous. Tom Wilson's hit on Wennberg should have been three games (it was definitely worse than Doughty's one gamer and Wilson has been suspended twice this year). Hell, even my man, Josh Anderson's borderline boarding call that I didn't agree with the major and misconduct on was worse than this . . . I think. Kadri's was really . . . bad, and I guess he did get three games.

Good necessary hit, absolutely not. Suspension . . .  I doubt it (hopefully they haven't announced one already and make me look dumb). But I am honestly wondering what the penalty was, I didn't watch the whole game.

On the other topic, Haula's butt-end was dirty. I've seen a player get tossed for a much more clearly accidental/defensive butt-end earlier this year (on Ovechkin). I have no problem with people embellishing sticks to the head, because if a stick is coming at my face I would delayed reaction jerk back as hard and fast as possible as a reflex. 

21 hours ago, Goon said:

With your Avatar, you have no credibility regarding "freak accidents".   How big is Marchand again?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, tnt said:

With your Avatar, you have no credibility regarding "freak accidents".   How big is Marchand again?

Whatever helps you sleep at night. I put Marchand in my avatar to have some fun. Mostly to troll @MafiaMan.. However, like I said, no suspension.