SiouxSports.com Forum

2018-19 Non-UND College Hockey

cberkas

1 hour ago, keikla said:

I wasn't sure which surprised me more...the article still being available, or the fact that I remembered an article about Miami hockey from 12 years ago...

I remembered it as well, as funny as it was.  Youthful enthusiasm.  

It's actually disappointing that Miami hasn't been more competitive.  It's already the best conference in the country, but the more top tier teams better.  We're privileged to be able to watch the best teams play on a regular basis, and that includes us.   

I attended one of the several Robson Arena community meetings this morning on the CC campus and there was a small-but very vocal-group of Old North End wine & cheese crowd who definitely do not want a hockey arena in their back yard.

The architecture firm hired by CC is JLG Architects and is based out of North Dakota and one of their reps, Adam Davidson, flew in from Grand Forks to speak about the preliminary designs of the arena. I was very impressed with the proposed design and layout but the question/problem they still have not addressed is parking. No commitments to build a parking structure at or near the new arena. 

13 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

The architecture firm hired by CC is JLG Architects and is based out of North Dakota and one of their reps, Adam Davidson, flew in from Grand Forks to speak about the preliminary designs of the arena. I was very impressed with the proposed design and layout but the question/problem they still have not addressed is parking.

Is it a cube?

12 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Is it a cube?

They went out of their way to speak to the exterior and how they want it to not look like the typical square arena, that they want the architecture to compliment the neighborhood/school/state. Very preliminary and there will likely be many iterations over the course of the coming weeks. 

3 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

They went out of their way to speak to the exterior and how they want it to not look like the typical square arena, that they want the architecture to compliment the neighborhood/school/state. Very preliminary and there will likely be many iterations over the course of the coming weeks. 

JLG loves 90 degree angles. So I'd expect something relatively square. 

20 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

JLG loves 90 degree angles. So I'd expect something relatively square. 

Oh, I know nothing about them. I looked up their website and it appears they’ve been involved in several sports arena projects. They want an open concourse concept which I am a big fan of. 

Edit: I should say, up until today, I knew nothing about JLG but from what I heard today, I was impressed with their preliminary designs. 

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 2:16 PM, Godsmack said:

Oh, I know nothing about them. I looked up their website and it appears they’ve been involved in several sports arena projects. They want an open concourse concept which I am a big fan of. 

Edit: I should say, up until today, I knew nothing about JLG but from what I heard today, I was impressed with their preliminary designs. 

I like it.

https://www.coloradocollege.edu/other/robsonarena/docs/RobsonArena_CommunityMeeting2Presentation.pdf

There is a UND fan in one of the pictures.

• Upvote 1