SiouxSports.com Forum
cberkas

2018-19 Non-UND College Hockey

4 minutes ago, bale31 said:

Agreed. I didn't even think there was intent. 

Matters not.

From behind; into the side board; major; rule book. 

1 hour ago, bale31 said:

OK all.....here's a hit in the Kato-Tech game this weekend. 

What say you? CFB? Boarding? Major? Minor? I'm still not sure I know.

Sorry, I'm not sure if there is a better way to post Twitter posts.

5 and game misconduct.

One of those turn his back at the last second type plays. Penalty? Yeah. Suprised they didn't call anything? No.

Countless times a game there is probably 10 to 20 uncalled penalties. That one just appeared more violent because of where it happened on the ice.

It's a 5 and a misconduct. Definitely unfortunate sequence but it's a penalty.

Then again, I thought the St. Cloud player should've got a 5 for kneeing Mismash and nothing was called. Even retroactively. His season is done but yep, it was a totally clean hit. :silly:

On 2/3/2019 at 1:51 PM, NoDak Fan said:

The fan forum (or the dozen or so that post) on the Miami site are getting fed up with Enrico and the Miami meltdown this season. 

I really think all those years in the CCHA and playing a good chunk of games against sub-par competition really is staring to show its true colors. I think Miami would have been a middle-of-the-pack team in the old WCHA. Maybe would challenge, and get an auto-bid now and again, but not be the juggernaut it was in the old CCHA. 

Other than that one season it won the NCHC conference tournament, it's looking like that program bit off more than it can chew in the NCHC.

Not too many conference cupcakes anymore to pad the wins.

https://miamistudent.net/ice-hockey-on-brink-of-dynasty/

Just going to leave this here...

16 hours ago, brianvf said:

I can't believe that they haven't taken that article down.  Still humorous after all these years.

The curse of the dynasty article!  :D 

I wasn't sure which surprised me more...the article still being available, or the fact that I remembered an article about Miami hockey from 12 years ago...

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, keikla said:

I wasn't sure which surprised me more...the article still being available, or the fact that I remembered an article about Miami hockey from 12 years ago...

I remembered it as well, as funny as it was.  Youthful enthusiasm.  

It's actually disappointing that Miami hasn't been more competitive.  It's already the best conference in the country, but the more top tier teams better.  We're privileged to be able to watch the best teams play on a regular basis, and that includes us.   

Air Force scored about 35 seconds into the game to take a 1-0 lead over Canisius College.  

1 minute ago, Godsmack said:

Air Force scored about 35 seconds into the game to take a 1-0 lead over Canisius College.  

Boy

Air Force must be a hell of a team!

1 hour ago, runaroundsioux said:

Lots of fans wearing yellow in Duluth tonight.;)

Looks like the Bulldogs going to get the win over DU tonight...up 5-2 with less than a minute left.

I attended one of the several Robson Arena community meetings this morning on the CC campus and there was a small-but very vocal-group of Old North End wine & cheese crowd who definitely do not want a hockey arena in their back yard.

The architecture firm hired by CC is JLG Architects and is based out of North Dakota and one of their reps, Adam Davidson, flew in from Grand Forks to speak about the preliminary designs of the arena. I was very impressed with the proposed design and layout but the question/problem they still have not addressed is parking. No commitments to build a parking structure at or near the new arena. 

13 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

The architecture firm hired by CC is JLG Architects and is based out of North Dakota and one of their reps, Adam Davidson, flew in from Grand Forks to speak about the preliminary designs of the arena. I was very impressed with the proposed design and layout but the question/problem they still have not addressed is parking.

Is it a cube?

12 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Is it a cube?

They went out of their way to speak to the exterior and how they want it to not look like the typical square arena, that they want the architecture to compliment the neighborhood/school/state. Very preliminary and there will likely be many iterations over the course of the coming weeks. 

3 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

They went out of their way to speak to the exterior and how they want it to not look like the typical square arena, that they want the architecture to compliment the neighborhood/school/state. Very preliminary and there will likely be many iterations over the course of the coming weeks. 

JLG loves 90 degree angles. So I'd expect something relatively square. 

20 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

JLG loves 90 degree angles. So I'd expect something relatively square. 

Oh, I know nothing about them. I looked up their website and it appears they’ve been involved in several sports arena projects. They want an open concourse concept which I am a big fan of. 

Edit: I should say, up until today, I knew nothing about JLG but from what I heard today, I was impressed with their preliminary designs. 

25 minutes ago, Cratter said:

DU leading UMD 1-0 still after two.

Can anyone explain to me why UMD's arena looks half full?   (pretty much every game it seems that way)