Alaska leads BGSU 1-0

Bemidji beads Michigan Tech 4-3 OT

Mankato beats LSSU 5-3

St. Cloud beats Western Michigan 3-0

Duluth beats Miami 4-0

Ohio State beats Penn State 4-1

Notre Dame beats Wisconsin 6-4

Reading this article in the Athletic, the Gophers are struggling at the gate

Fans have been wary about coming to 3M Arena at Mariucci so far to see if the team is actually better. After opening the season to scanned crowds of 5,534 for Minnesota Duluth and 5,691 for Minnesota State, the Gophers played six games against St. Lawrence, Michigan State and Ohio State in front of crowds between 4,037 and 4,820 — all counts that would have qualified as season lows the past five seasons according to ticket scan data acquired since 2014.

• Upvote 1

With ND the highest in the PWR @ 21, followed by Mich, BU, MN, BU & BC, a few of the ‘mighty’ have slipped heavily, maybe even fallen. I think that it is a good thing for college hockey in general to have a few of the perennial non-contenders in contention. Ohio State playing good?, good for hockey. ASU with 16 wins and playing good, great for hockey. I love the resurgence of Lake Superior State and the rebuilding at NMU. Mankato has benefited greatly from the reconferencing. We will be back. With their resources, the others will be too.   

Our team isn’t where we want them to be right now, currently looking from the the distant outside of the bubble of tournament consideration. But I think that our team is fortunate to be where they are: in the strongest conference in college hockey. I guess we can thank the foresight of the leadership that took the chance and built our league. Our league has benefited, most all of our teams have benefited since our inception (C’mon CC and Miami) and others have too. We will be back

3 hours ago, Tbone said:

With ND the highest in the PWR @ 21, followed by Mich, BU, MN, BU & BC, a few of the ‘mighty’ have slipped heavily, maybe even fallen. I think that it is a good thing for college hockey in general to have a few of the perennial non-contenders in contention. Ohio State playing good?, good for hockey. ASU with 16 wins and playing good, great for hockey. I love the resurgence of Lake Superior State and the rebuilding at NMU. Mankato has benefited greatly from the reconferencing. We will be back. With their resources, the others will be too.   

My general feeling as well.  

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 12:04 AM, Big A HG said:

Sadly, we should be rooting for Minnesota at this point since we played them.

I would wear a goofers jersey daily and spell M-I-n-n-e-s-o-t-a hourly, till March 24th, if that's what it would take to get the boys into the tourney.

#teamfirstmentality

2 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

I would wear a goofers jersey daily and spell M-I-n-n-e-s-o-t-a hourly, till March 24th, if that's what it would take to get the boys into the tourney.

#teamfirstmentality

I don't know.  A guy has to draw a line somewhere.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, iluvdebbies said:

#teamfirstmentality

You spelled Minnesota correctly.... 

Gopher fan application rejected.

#overqualified

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, iluvdebbies said:

#teamfirstmentality

Well, I dunno about THAT...but I’d bite into a Tide Pod if it would help.

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

UMD is going to come into Grand Forks and put a beatdown on the Hawks.  7-2 tonight over CC.

MM, I know what you're implying but you're wrong my man.  "Puck luck" will finally even out and we'll win 4-2 both nights vs Duluth.  We would of whupped (not just swept!) CC's ass if not for real tough "puck luck"/"hot goalie".