Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cberkas

2018-19 Non-UND College Hockey

Recommended Posts

 
Jimmy Connelly
 
 
 
 
Can confirm that @hockey_east coaches and ADs have voted to change playoff to 8 teams in 2018-19. Three teams eliminated after regular season, best of 3 quarterfinals then traditional tournament at TD Garden. @USCHO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 8:13 PM, cberkas said:

Matt Curley the new head coach at UAA.

I wonder who he will bring in as assistant coaches?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, petey23 said:

I wonder who he will bring in as assistant coaches?

Apparently anyone he can get!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tnt said:

Apparently anyone he can get!

I have heard it may not be his decision which is why the others turned it down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This may have been commented on, but Garret Raboin will be  leaving St. Cloud to join the Gophers a an Asst. coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

This may have been commented on, but Garret Raboin will be  leaving St. Cloud to join the Gophers a an Asst. coach.

I haven’t seen anything on it from the guys that cover the Gophers, but I’m not really surprised that he’d go there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cberkas said:

I haven’t seen anything on it from the guys that cover the Gophers, but I’m not really surprised that he’d go there.

I thought this was a forgone conclusion when Gibbons was staying and Oliver was to become an assistant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tnt said:

I thought this was a forgone conclusion when Gibbons was staying and Oliver was to become an assistant.

Idk, I haven’t seen if the current assistants at Minnesota left or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Schuldt returning to SCSU...wtf?

I'm jealous, also saw that two of Ohio State's stud forwards are both returning for their senior years. Good for those teams, I know these type of situations are more outliers, but every year, there's a handful of teams that seem to really dodge the "early departure bullet".

I know with UND and getting smoked with early departures it's more recent, but would be nice for UND to be one of the handful of outliers one of these years (not holding my breath though).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

Jim Montgomery to the Dallas Stars?

If he wants to be a head coach of an NHL team he should take any head AHL or NHL assistant job offered to him. Not easy to go from NCAA head coach to NHL head coach. Then again I felt he was somewhat arrogant in saying NHL head coach or nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

Jim Montgomery to the Dallas Stars?

Lots of smoke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AJS said:

I'm jealous, also saw that two of Ohio State's stud forwards are both returning for their senior years. Good for those teams, I know these type of situations are more outliers, but every year, there's a handful of teams that seem to really dodge the "early departure bullet".

I know with UND and getting smoked with early departures it's more recent, but would be nice for UND to be one of the handful of outliers one of these years (not holding my breath though).

We need another pact...(or needed)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

We need another pact...(or needed)

Problem is, that those that formed the pact hadn't won a national championship.  Would have been nice to have a pact to repeat, but there were too many guys that were ready for the jump for that to happen.  Maybe there will be a pact going forward. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×