Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
cberkas

2018-19 Non-UND College Hockey

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Shireen Saski just did an in-game interview with Miami coach Blasi and she asked him about the penalty trouble they’ve had thus far in the game and he was not exactly warm and friendly with her. Is it me or does he just have an icy disposition? 

He's just pissed because he looks like Mr. Bean.

Blasi disqualification penalty reduced - WCPO Cincinnati, OHth?id=OIP.9Ioodq1dhl6mDMEXgpNthwHaEK&pid=15.1&P=0&w=310&h=175

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching St Cloud at UMD, and listening to the UMD announcers on the broadcast.   I thought they were ridiculous homers when UND played there, but now listening again in a game I have no rooting interest, I'm even more convinced.   

SCSU op 3-2 early 3rd period.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

Watching St Cloud at UMD, and listening to the UMD announcers on the broadcast.   I thought they were ridiculous homers when UND played there, but now listening again in a game I have no rooting interest, I'm even more convinced.   

SCSU op 3-2 early 3rd period.

Don't turn on Ciskie.....just stick to those clowns......

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Harvard beats Quinnipiac 2-1

Clarkson beats RPI 5-2

Union beats St. Lawrence 4-3

BU beats Providence 4-3

UMass beats Vermont 5-1

UNH beats BC 6-4

Northwestern beats Maine 4-0

Merrimack beats UConn 5-2

Alaska beats Bemidji 2-1 OT

BGSU beats Michigan Tech 3-2

Mankato beats Ferris State 2-1

LSSU and UAH tied 1-1 OT

Western Michigan beast Miami 3-2

St. Cloud beats Duluth 4-2

Denver beats Omaha 3-2 OT

Ohio State beats Michigan 4-2

Michigan State beats Penn State 6-4

Minnesota beats Notre Damn 2-1

Cornell beats ASU 3-2

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 8:41 PM, farce poobah said:

Michigan State with a comeback win vs Ohio State.  Four goals in the final 6:05 of regulation, then a GWG in 2nd OT.  

One upset in the Big Ten tonight, and another in the making where Gophers lead Penn State 1-0 after 1.  Game on ESPNU.

MSU gets 4 goals in the last 6+ minutes.  UND is happy to have such an offensive explosion in a full 60 minutes game these last few seasons.  Yoy, yoy, yoy how times have changed in such a short time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 9:57 AM, The Sicatoka said:

Senior Rhett Gardner has 68 career points. Junior Colton Poolman has 49 career points.
Those two combined careers (117 points) just exceed Tony Hrkac's 1986-87 season (46/70/116). 

Senior Joel Janituinen is the only other player on the roster with 40+ career points (44). 
Jones is at 39 points. 

Senior Janituinen has been here 3-1/2 seasons and has 44 pts (maybe added few more now since 8 Jan), while Jones who is a nice player but certainly not 1st team all-conf caliber, has been here just 1-1/2 seasons (and missed maybe 8 - 10 games or so during that time?) and points-wise is just a handful behind Janituinen.  That says volumes about our offensive product these last few season.  It's gotta change.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

MSU gets 4 goals in the last 6+ minutes.  UND is happy to have such an offensive explosion in a full 60 minutes game these last few seasons.  Yoy, yoy, yoy how times have changed in such a short time.

Michigan State gets all their offense from the KHL line outside that line the team is garbage. I see a coaching change again in the near future for Michigan State. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colorado College has two more player leave the team, Keenan Spillum and Ty Pochipinski.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, cberkas said:

Michigan State gets all their offense from the KHL line outside that line the team is garbage. I see a coaching change again in the near future for Michigan State. 

Think so? Danton Cole is only in his second year. They gave garbage Anastos four and the only thing he did was somehow finish 2nd in a terrible B1G that only got the conference tournament winner into the tourney that year. They were only a game over .500.

I would bet he gets another year or two, if for no other reason than MSU cares more about basketball and football to probably even notice how (below) average their hockey team is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HockeyFan31 said:

Think so? Danton Cole is only in his second year. They gave garbage Anastos four and the only thing he did was somehow finish 2nd in a terrible B1G that only got the conference tournament winner into the tourney that year. They were only a game over .500.

I would bet he gets another year or two, if for no other reason than MSU cares more about basketball and football to probably even notice how (below) average their hockey team is.

I’m sure he’ll get another year or two, but I don’t see him there much longer then that.

When he was at NTDP, it sounded like he was the reason players were leaving the U17 and not going to the U18 team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, cberkas said:

Michigan State gets all their offense from the KHL line outside that line the team is garbage. I see a coaching change again in the near future for Michigan State. 

That top line has almost as much offense as our top 8 players, so that much scoring goes a long way.    And their next 3 highest scorers after the KHL line has 38 points compared to 42 points for our top 3 scorers.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, cberkas said:

Colorado College has two more player leave the team, Keenan Spillum and Ty Pochipinski.

Commentators mentioned CC having a huge number of players on the roster relative to other teams.  These guys ever see the ice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, WiSioux said:

Ish, no thanks.

Screenshot_20190116-182412_Twitter.jpg

Nothing to see here.  Beavers are used to playing in front of minimal fans inside too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://letsgodu.com/2019/01/13/old-north-end-neighbors-fight-ccs-new-arena-plans/#more-67072

Sometimes the folks over at letsgodu swing and miss with their parodies but I thought this was a huge hit and funny as hell! They even manage to get in a dig about North Dakota in this one! 

Back story: There’s a little bit of controversy over building an on-campus arena at CC as the campus sits right next to the Old North End neighborhood where there’s a lot of old money. Residents of the old north end are concerned about the traffic that the new arena will generate. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Commentators mentioned CC having a huge number of players on the roster relative to other teams.  These guys ever see the ice?

Not much from what an article said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, tnt said:

That top line has almost as much offense as our top 8 players, so that much scoring goes a long way.    And their next 3 highest scorers after the KHL line has 38 points compared to 42 points for our top 3 scorers.  

That sure puts it in perspective (comparison).  My oh my, how our offense has certainly slipped big-time these last few season.  With our program status, that simply shouldn't happen with the recruits we get.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Robert Morris 6, Canisius College 2.  That’s with 5:00 left in the 3nd, BTW...

18 goals against in less than 3 full games ummediately after facing UND.  Sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Robert Morris 6, Canisius College 2.  That’s with 5:00 left in the 3nd, BTW...

18 goals against in less than 3 full games ummediately after facing UND.  Sad.

@MafiaManEasy to explain. Sweeping UND was mighty Canisius’ natty game. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Extra punishment in Bemidji.   Overtime at -17F temperatures.

"Who wants it more" has never been more true.

Edit: not sure they didn't move it inside...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Robert Morris 6, Canisius College 2.  That’s with 5:00 left in the 3nd, BTW...

18 goals against in less than 3 full games ummediately after facing UND.  Sad.


"Hot goalie".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The CC/DU game got postponed due to weather and bad road conditions. It took DU 4 1/2 hours to get from Denver to Monument-normally about a 45 minute drive. In the interests of player and personnel safety, the decision was made to turn around and go back to campus. Game will be re-scheduled for sometime in February or early March. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

The CC/DU game got postponed due to weather and bad road conditions. It took DU 4 1/2 hours to get from Denver to Monument-normally about a 45 minute drive. In the interests of player and personnel safety, the decision was made to turn around and go back to campus. Game will be re-scheduled for sometime in February or early March. 

Why not just Sunday?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

Why not just Sunday?

Apparently there were scheduling issues. I’m guessing the Broadmoor World Arena was already booked for something that day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×