SiouxSports.com Forum

2018-19 Non-UND College Hockey

cberkas

27 minutes ago, Goon said:

I watched the first period and a half between Merrimack and DU. What a boring game. 

Score after two periods of play. 2-0 DU. 

I tried watching some of the DU/Merrimack game as well (the 3rd period) and had to turn the channel. The only time Merrimack can get the puck in the DU zone is when they dump it in on a line change. 

13 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

Looks like another sellout crowd at Mariucci 3M.  :lol:

6 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I think my beer league game at the Air Force Academy had almost as many fans as Mariucci tonight.

FFB0A6B1-3ED2-4919-B126-07B35D5A2314.jpeg

We had more fans at the season broomball opener for Red Army on Wednesday night...and that was in the middle of a snowstorm!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I keep saying that embarrassing attendance isn’t good for college hockey. As much as I love anything  that makes gopher hockey look bad. Low attendance at sporting events is trending.

Attendance is down everywhere,  but they also kept raising prices and fees while convincing themselves big 10 opponents are who their fans want to see. They need to apologize to their fans. This isn't 20 years ago when college hockey was the only puck in town. 

About a block away....Gopher women BB opened BIG season against Wisconsin...8,000 attendance...Next years Gopher Classic hockey tourney for men has been set...UM, Bemidji , St. Cloud, and Mankato....Gophers biggest instate rival, UMD not included next year....fact is UND needs MN ....as a rival...more than  MN needs UND....

19 minutes ago, John W. said:

About a block away....Gopher women BB opened BIG season against Wisconsin...8,000 attendance...Next years Gopher Classic hockey tourney for men has been set...UM, Bemidji , St. Cloud, and Mankato....Gophers biggest instate rival, UMD not included next year....fact is UND needs MN ....as a rival...more than  MN needs UND....

Minnesota needs UND more then UND needs Minnesota. I watch a lot of Minnesota’s games and no one shows up unless UND is in town. Minnesota doesn’t get close to 9k in attendance per game.

Mostly folks attend who have escaped ND and now live in TC area....dream on...buddy...With TV it's not about butte in the seats...it's about TV revenue....U MN sports gets lots $$$$$ from BIG network....that's a prime reason..they left UND high and dry for BIG hockey....I know UND is so envious of Gophers in many areas,for many reasons...Ralph is having trouble selling out now....and Mpls. Has a lot more going on than GF in competing for entertainment dollars....

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, John W. said:

Mostly folks attend who have escaped ND and now live in TC area....dream on...buddy...With TV it's not about butte in the seats...it's about TV revenue....U MN sports gets lots $$$$$ from BIG network....that's a prime reason..they left UND high and dry for BIG hockey....I know UND is so envious of Gophers in many areas,for many reasons...Ralph is having trouble selling out now....and Mpls. Has a lot more going on than GF in competing for entertainment dollars....

I take issue with your characterization that people “escape” from ND for the TC. What facts do you have to make that claim? Or are you just trying to antagonize the UND fans by saying that?