SiouxSports.com Forum

2018-19 Non-UND College Hockey

cberkas

CC all over Air Force, 6-1. We just scored two shorties-both by the same guy on the very same Penalty kill; Alex Berardinelli. We’ve lost to the Cadets five of the past six games and we have yet to win the traveling Pikes Peak trophy that was created in 2013 but it looks like that’s about to change.

11 hours ago, Godsmack said:

We just scored two shorties-both by the same guy on the very same Penalty kill; Alex Berardinelli. We’ve lost to the Cadets five of the past six games and we have yet to win the traveling Pikes Peak trophy...

I apologize for forgetting, but what # are you and what line are you on?  :p

CC blew three one-goal leads to settle for a 3-3 tie with New Hampshire. CC’s power play looked good and creative and Chris Wilkie must’ve had upwards of a dozen shots from the point. They have Wilkie on the #1 power play unit on the left point to set him up for the big one-timer and he scored a goal. Leclerc made some really big saves in overtime to preserve the tie. CC needs to learn how to clamp down and put their foot on their opponent’s throats when they get a lead, especially having two leads in the 3rd period. 

12 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

We hung on and won, 4-3 over New Hampshire! It wasn’t pretty but we played well defensively. We (CC) are now 4-1-1. Week off to prepare for our two week gauntlet against St. Cloud and then we travel to Duluth the week after that. 

Was Wilkie the first, second, or third star?

7 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Was Wilkie the first, second, or third star?

He didn’t get a star. The MTN line (Mason Bergh, Trey Bradley, and Nick Halloran) got all three stars.

In fact, he looked pretty pedestrian tonight. He took a lazy penalty in the first and that’s about all he did for the evening.

9 hours ago, Godsmack said:

We hung on and won, 4-3 over New Hampshire! It wasn’t pretty but we played well defensively. We (CC) are now 4-1-1. Week off to prepare for our two week gauntlet against St. Cloud and then we travel to Duluth the week after that. 

I think most of us expect CC to good this year.  It's been coming.

I personally loving seeing some of the old programs that have been so good in the past play at a high level again, like CC and Tech. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, burd said:

I think most of us expect CC to good this year.  It's been coming.

I personally loving seeing some of the old programs that have been so good in the past play at a high level again, like CC and Tech. 

As a season ticket holder since Haviland took over, it’s been rough. I want to say two seasons ago, we only won 1 game at home. We’re seeing the results of improved recruiting now. Question is, can CC not only hang with but beat the elite programs? We will get our chance in two weeks. So far, we haven’t exactly played world beaters (Anchorage, Huntsville, Air Force, and New Hampshire) but at least CC is taking care of business against the teams they should be beating.