SiouxSports.com Forum

2018-19 Non-UND College Hockey

cberkas

15 hours ago, HockeyFan31 said:

Don’t care. I find it to be incredibly boring and most of the time too calculated. 

Its better than a shootout but just barely. 

Fine to have the opinion. Just pointing it out to suggest that we should follow the rules of the NHL.

1 hour ago, HockeyFan31 said:

No, I'm the one fan that begrudgingly stays for the shootout and says "shootouts are so dumb" throughout the whole thing.:lol:

Why even subject yourself to such an incredibly boring event?  If it's boring, why waste your time?  If you're happy with a tie, then just leave.  You're not missing anything except boringness that bothers you enough to comment about it here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Why even subject yourself to such an incredibly boring event?  If it's boring, why waste your time?  If you're happy with a tie, then just leave.  You're not missing anything except boringness that bothers you enough to comment about it here.

If there are points on the line, I will stay to watch and cheer for my team. Doesn't mean I have to like methods by which points are obtained.

• Upvote 2

On 7/25/2018 at 3:01 PM, scpa0305 said:

yeah....most hockey folks feel this way.

I've had a few on the blog express their distaste for the 3-on-3 format. During the past three seasons, there's been some interesting 3-on-3 OT endings. 

On 7/25/2018 at 9:50 AM, tnt said:

Because like the NHL, you can't play until the cows come home in every game in the regular season or you won't have any players left for the playoffs.   

Hi!  I’m extra innings in major league baseball, where we play 12, 14, 17, or even 20 innings to determine a regular season game-winner — even if it means wrecking the bullpen for a week.  Have we met?

3 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Hi!  I’m extra innings in major league baseball, where we play 12, 14, 17, or even 20 innings to determine a regular season game-winner — even if it means wrecking the bullpen for a week.  Have we met?

Agree 100%

13 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Well, then we’d have to play 1x1 with no goalies so as to prevent injuries and preserve everyone’s strength for the playoffs...

Little salty today buddy? 

• Upvote 2

On 7/26/2018 at 8:48 PM, MafiaMan said:

Thought you weren't suggesting it. Sure sounds like it to me. Gotta love that designated hitter gimmick though!

On 7/28/2018 at 8:51 AM, tnt said:

Thought you weren't suggesting it. Sure sounds like it to me. Gotta love that designated hitter gimmick though!

My thinking on the DH is have it in both leagues or don't have it at all. The DH in MLB is like the NHL Western Conference having one set of OT rules and the Eastern Conference having a different set of OT rules. Make the rule (whatever it is) uniform across the sport.

On 7/28/2018 at 9:03 AM, Scorpio said:

About 7% of MLB games go to extra innings.  Almost 25% of NHL games go to OT.  Big difference...........

Do you think that may change if they new they had to play till there was a winner (5x5)?  I bet they would play harder in the third to try to avoid the OT knowing it could gas the bench for the next game.  Also, it would give more player the opportunity to play and get off the practice squad.

55 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I could live with that. Anything but the infernal shootout; it has no place in our game at any level.

I' don't think that I've never seen one single fan get up and leave during the shootout. Except, maybe @MafiaMan .

2 hours ago, Goon said:

I don't think that I've never seen one single fan get up and leave during the shootout. Except, maybe @MafiaMan .

Nice anecdotal evidence.  I’ve seen fans leave a 3-2 game with 1:00 left on the clock in regulation.  Are you claiming that a shootout is more popular than a one-goal game late in the 3rd? 

16 hours ago, nd jg said:

Do you think that may change if they new they had to play till there was a winner (5x5)?  I bet they would play harder in the third to try to avoid the OT knowing it could gas the bench for the next game.  Also, it would give more player the opportunity to play and get off the practice squad.

I think less games would go to OT if the NHL didn't have any idiotic point system that gives a point simply for just getting to OT.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Must have been at Mariucci...:)

I kid you not, the most recent game there, I sat behind a woman who was reading a book DURING the hockey game lol. Wouldn't surprise me in the least bit if I saw her leave with a minute left at 3-2.

9 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Nice anecdotal evidence.  I’ve seen fans leave a 3-2 game with 1:00 left on the clock in regulation.  Are you claiming that a shootout is more popular than a one-goal game late in the 3rd? 

What does a one-goal game in the third period have to do with the popularity of a shootout?    If you want to compare things, at least try to compare comparable things.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Goon said:

I' don't think that I've never seen one single fan get up and leave during the shootout. Except, maybe @MafiaMan .

I usually leave during a shootout after a non-conference tie; those are meaningless and a waste of everyone's time. My basic point is that the shootout is an abomination to the sport; I don't care how "entertaining" it is. You are reducing the outcome of a team game to a cute skills competition. Unacceptable.

• Upvote 1