Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cberkas

2018-19 Non-UND College Hockey

Recommended Posts

It may not get the players to the NHL, but it may help some players decide to go the NCAA route.  

This is an easy one to me.  Do what the NHL does.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2018 at 9:11 PM, jk said:

This is an easy one to me.  Do what the NHL does.

So should college teams wear dark jerseys at home too?  The NHL does...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

So should college teams wear dark jerseys at home too?  The NHL does...

Sure. Why not?

If you can't see the difference between overtime rules and jersey rules we can't help you. We get it, you don't like 3 x 3 but in every league other than the NCAA it is here to stay. Why not give them some exposure to it before the big time?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been going to Sioux games since they played in the barn. I'm for 3x3 and SO, then you can turn the lights off. My wife and I enjoy it. Those that aren't enjoying themselves can leave any time they wish. We'll be watching until the players leave the ice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WiSioux said:

Sure. Why not?

If you can't see the difference between overtime rules and jersey rules we can't help you. We get it, you don't like 3 x 3 but in every league other than the NCAA it is here to stay. Why not give them some exposure to it before the big time?

OK, I'll play along.  How about we allow fighting in college hockey too?  Why not give them some exposure to it before the big time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

OK, I'll play along.  How about we allow fighting in college hockey too?  Why not give them some exposure to it before the big time?

It would make the series against the Gophers more entertaining.  :)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

So should college teams wear dark jerseys at home too?  The NHL does...

Sure, why not? All for it.   :) That was easy. For some reason, the UNO fans didn't like doing this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Goon said:

Sure, why not? All for it.   :) That was easy. For some reason, the UNO fans didn't like doing this. 

No thanks.  Give me whites at home vs a variety of road colors instead of green (or the occasional black) vs white for every home game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Goon said:

Sure, why not? All for it.   :) That was easy. For some reason, the UNO fans didn't like doing this. 

Because they lost all the time.

3 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

No thanks.  Give me whites at home vs a variety of road colors instead of green (or the occasional black) vs white for every home game.

Nashville is the only team with two home jerseys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, WiSioux said:

Sure. Why not?

If you can't see the difference between overtime rules and jersey rules we can't help you. We get it, you don't like 3 x 3 but in every league other than the NCAA it is here to stay. Why not give them some exposure to it before the big time?

3x3 is so fun to play and watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Goon said:

Sure, why not? All for it.   :) That was easy. For some reason, the UNO fans didn't like doing this. 

UNO fans didn’t like it because they wore dark jerseys in the 2nd half and UNO only wins games in the 1st half of the season. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

3x3 is so fun to play and watch.

I think it's fun to watch because once you get to the 3x3, lots of open space. Skill is rewarded. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Goon said:

I think it's fun to watch because once you get to the 3x3, lots of open space. Skill is rewarded. 

If open space is the issue, why are you opposed to Olympic-size ice sheets?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, burd said:

Was this late but still expected?  If not, ouch. 

I can't imagine that it was expected being that they had already named him captain for the upcoming season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, brianvf said:

I can't imagine that it was expected being that they had already named him captain for the upcoming season.

I just want to know who still is on Denver’s team... :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Goon said:

I think it's fun to watch because once you get to the 3x3, lots of open space. Skill is rewarded. 

You want open space?  Start watching bandy.:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

If open space is the issue, why are you opposed to Olympic-size ice sheets?

Touche'... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

If open space is the issue, why are you opposed to Olympic-size ice sheets?

Open ice in an area a player can score leads to offense.  Olympic ice does not do this.  There's just a bunch more ice in places from which a player can't score. 

3x3 and Olympic ice are no comparison in regard to creating offense.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Walsh Hall said:

Open ice in an area a player can score leads to offense.  Olympic ice does not do this.  There's just a bunch more ice in places from which a player can't score. 

3x3 and Olympic ice are no comparison in regard to creating offense.

OK, so why don't we make hockey a full-time 3x3 game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

OK, so why don't we make hockey a full-time 3x3 game?

 No......at least not in college because UND would rarely win a game.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×