SiouxSports.com Forum
MafiaMan

2018 NCAA Tournament - Worst to First

16.  UMD.  Cheap shots.

15.  DU.  Montgomery is a baby.

14.  BU.  Offsides, I don't think so.

13. Michigan.  Don't want them to have any more titles and I hate their fight song.

12.  Clarkson.  shrug.

11. Cornell.  shrug

10.  Notre Dame.  They sure throw their weight around for not having won anything.

9.  Penn State.  shrug

8.  St. Cloud.  Haven't play great lately and their fans are annoying.

7.  Princeton.  Might as well be them I guess.

6.  Ohio State.  Best of the Big 10?

5.  Providence.  Partied with them in 2015.

4.  Northeastern.  Better them than any other Boston school

3.  Tech.  Fun fans and band.  

2.  Mankato.  They're due.

1.  AF.  For the Serratore quotes.

• Upvote 1

16. St. Cloud (aka, Jan Brady State). Coach and players are respectable but fans are dooshes.

15. DU. Monty has proven himself to be a whiner and being a CC fan, I’m tired of hearing trash talking sh*t from Pios fans.

14. Duluth. Don’t like how on the edge Duluth players play the game. When you find yourself rooting for Denver in the national championship game last year, you know you hate Duluth (yah, I realize I have Duluth higher than DU this year but it’s MY list!).

13. Michigan. Never liked ‘em and I hate their fight song.

12. Notre Dame. Can’t stand the Fighting Irish. Stick to football.

11. BU. I too am bitter about that game last season against UND.

10. Penn State. Too soon but could stomach a Nittney Lions champion over the previous six teams listed.

9. Ohio State. A buddy of mine who I play beer league hockey with is a huge Buckeyes fan and I’ll have to hear about it for a year.

8. Providence. They just won it and got a cushy regional as a 4 seed to do it.

7. Clarkson. Other than their Bison-like uni’s, I wouldn’t have a problem with a non-blue blood like the Golden Knights winning it all.

6. Princeton. Talk about putting their program on the map!

5. Michigan Tech. It would be great for their storied program and the WCHA as a whole.

4. Mankato. Another buddy who I play hockey with went there and he’s always cool about UND so there you go...

3. Cornell. My buddy’s kid, Jared Fiegl, is a senior there and would love to see a Colorado native win it.

2. Northeastern. My buddy is a huge NU fan and frankly, like MafiaMan, it would be fun to see the BU’s, Harvard’s, and BC’s collectively gasp in shock and awe. 

1. Air Force. A multitude of reasons including the fact that we go to lots of Falcons games, they’re the best team in Colorado Springs, and wouldn’t it be cool to see a team full of Yankees win it all? And finally, Frank Serratore is an all-around classy guy and gives the best interviews in the game. Go Falcons! 

• Upvote 1

On 3/22/2018 at 9:20 AM, MafiaMan said:

#7  UMD  -- Absolutely not.

#6  Ohio State -- Ish.

#5  Notre Dame -- First team in the FF.  Dammit anyways.

#4  Denver -- Nope. 

#3  Boston University -- See above.

#2  Michigan -- I'm a little nervous about this happening.  

#1  Air Force Academy -- Those blue uniforms!  Dilly dilly.

This has not gone as well as I'd hoped.

As of this morning....6 teams left.....3 BIG and 2 NCHC....which is the better conference.....How great to be a Michigan alum....FB, BB and Hockey elite...also pretty damn good at baseball also...

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, John W. said:

As of this morning....6 teams left.....3 BIG and 2 NCHC....which is the better conference.....How great to be a Michigan alum....FB, BB and Hockey elite...

Michigan football elite?  Where have you been since 1998?  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

consistenly a winner thru the decades.......one of the 'helmet' schools nationally..........Rhode Island...huh....do they even have a DI FB program there?????  

• Upvote 1

I know Brown University is in RI....a co workers son went there...great school.....not a great FB school tho....MI better....

1 hour ago, John W. said:

As of this morning....6 teams left.....3 BIG and 2 NCHC....which is the better conference.....How great to be a Michigan alum....FB, BB and Hockey elite...also pretty damn good at baseball also...

As of this morning....impossible for the NCHC to have more than 2 teams still alive given the bracket layout.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, John W. said:

Hockey...2 titles since '64

Basketball...always have that Chris Webber timeout

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, John W. said:

Michigan hockey has not been elite since hula hoops.  

Do some of you bother to read words....or just jump to your 'feelings'....3 BIG teams still alive...MI, OSU and Notre Dame....2 NCHC...Denver and UMD....that's all I said.... So if MI is still alive in tourney. I'd consider that elite...

I hope UMD wins it all...mainly local talent...UND should pull for them also as Sandelin formerly on staff...

12 minutes ago, John W. said:

Do some of you bother to read words....or just jump to your 'feelings'....3 BIG teams still alive...MI, OSU and Notre Dame....2 NCHC...Denver and UMD....that's all I said.... So if MI is still alive in tourney. I'd consider that elite...

I hope UMD wins it all...mainly local talent...UND should pull for them also as Sandelin formerly on staff...

You asked which is the better conference after mentioning in the same sentence how many teams were still alive in the respective conferences.     I merely pointed out the flaw in your logic.  Maybe you're unaware OSU and MI have only played one round thus far.  Don't get too butthurt, Professsor.  

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Roosevelt83 said:

Part of that is based on the fact that 5 of their 8 teams failed to qualify for the tournament in the first place, compared to only 3 out of 7 from the Big Ten who failed to qualify. So there is that part, which just adds to the Big Ten's superiority over the vastly overrated yet still obnoxiously arrogant NCHC.

Counting UMD and Notre Dame this year the NCHC has 8 frozen four appearances and 2 titles. The BIG has 2 frozen four appearances and 0 titles. As it stands right now the NCHC has been the better conference. It may not always be that way, but the BIG has nothing to brag about right now.

3 minutes ago, Roosevelt83 said:

True but I'm not comparing the last four years. Sticking to the current season and the current season only, there should be absolutely no doubt whatsoever in anybody's mind that the Big ten has been the more successful conference. I trust some stubborn NCHC fans will refuse to admit it, but it is very clear in the eyes of any person with an objective mind.

This season isn't over yet. What if BU and DU win today, BU beats Notre Dame and UMD or DU win the title? 

2 minutes ago, Roosevelt83 said:

True but I'm not comparing the last four years. Sticking to the current season and the current season only, there should be absolutely no doubt whatsoever in anybody's mind that the Big ten has been the more successful conference. I trust some stubborn NCHC fans will refuse to admit it, but it is very clear in the eyes of any person with an objective mind.

FFS the point has always been about best conference TOP to BOTTOM, not the better top tier teams. This is the difference. 

35 minutes ago, Maize And Blue said:

Interesting topic. Is it fair to suggest, based on the current season, that Denver makes the NCHC better in terms of top tier teams while the Big Ten has been stronger overall top to bottom?

Do you have some kind of personality misfire?  Maize and Blue  -  WOW

I get the blue for Penn St. What's the Maize for?

34 minutes ago, Maize And Blue said:

Interesting topic. Is it fair to suggest, based on the current season, that Denver makes the NCHC better in terms of top tier teams while the Big Ten has been stronger overall top to bottom?

No. The bottom of the nchc is better than the bottom of the b1g.

• Upvote 2

Who is Maize and Blue? Is that DaveK's alter ego?

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Goon said:

Who is Maize and Blue? Is that DaveK's alter ego?

Can you guys make sure he doesn't make a Notre Dame alter ego?