SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 Bracket Challenge please

Mamba

16 minutes ago, Mamba said:

We're not just Sioux fans ... we're hockey fans.

Not quite drive-4-hours-to-watch-a-Sioux-less-regional-even-though-we've-already-bought-tickets-and-reserved-hotel-rooms-and-it-might-even-be-some-compelling-action-in-a-fun-venue-hosted-by-our-favorite-school hockey fans, but your point is well taken. ;) 

Regardless of whether there's a bracket challenge or not, I'm curious if there's a team that Sioux nation is pulling for?  Personally, when UND is out of the running, I cheer for teams that have never won it, or teams that have a long drought.  Of the 16 teams, 9 have never won it.  2 more have long droughts - Cornell at 48 years, and Michigan Tech at 43 years.  Even Michigan is in a pretty good drought at 20 years.  The other 4 have all won it once in the last 10 years - Denver in 2017, Providence in 2015, UMD in 2011, and BU in 2009.  I'm actually not too picky this year, though I don't really want to see Denver repeat.

2 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Regardless of whether there's a bracket challenge or not, I'm curious if there's a team that Sioux nation is pulling for?  Personally, when UND is out of the running, I cheer for teams that have never won it, or teams that have a long drought.  Of the 16 teams, 9 have never won it.  2 more have long droughts - Cornell at 48 years, and Michigan Tech at 43 years.  Even Michigan is in a pretty good drought at 20 years.  The other 4 have all won it once in the last 10 years - Denver in 2017, Providence in 2015, UMD in 2011, and BU in 2009.  I'm actually not too picky this year, though I don't really want to see Denver repeat.

Mankato!!!  In a world where those at Minnesota think their Gophers still reign supreme in college hockey in the state (although records prove otherwise); It would be great to see Minnesota State win one right in their backyard!!  #littlebrotherallgrownup

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Anyone but Denver, St. Cloud, UMD or BU.

One of the other Minnesota schools would be a dagger to the heart to Goldie, so I'm intrigued. Call it schadenfreude

Not BU or Princeton for obvious reasons. 

Not DU or Michigan for reasons of "the chase". 

Not Clarkson because I have a soft spot for Rensselaer (and they are rivals). 

Give me Michigan Tech or USAFA and I'd have no issues. 

6 minutes ago, jimdahl said:

Ok, I whipped this one up FAST. I tested it a bit, but please let me know if you find any problems. I'll post it more broadly in an hour or so if there are no problems:

http://siouxsports.com/hockey/bracket.php

Though we're only going to have about one day of entries, it will be interesting to see how it goes in the first UND-less year!

It’s not showing who you selected, just has the arrow drop down. Once you click on the arrow drop down it has the one you selected. I am using my phone if that matters.

Edit: if I turn my phone side ways it shows who I selected in the drop downs.

55 minutes ago, cberkas said:

It’s not showing who you selected, just has the arrow drop down. Once you click on the arrow drop down it has the one you selected. I am using my phone if that matters.

Edit: if I turn my phone side ways it shows who I selected in the drop downs.

Yeah, that's just a width/display issue. That's one of the few pages on the site I haven't rewritten to be phone-friendlier because I only trot it out once a year.