Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Frozen4sioux

University of North Dakota 2018-19 Season

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Agreed.  There is just no way this team goes to Denver and wins two games.  Western struggling mightily at the moment.....could even catch a huge break and play them at the Ralph. 

The worse part is we either want Western to get swept by Miami, or sweep Miami, there isn’t any in between.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So this year is still going but what does Berry need to improve on for next year, he’s not going anywhere soon so does he have the ability to change and improve? I think he needs to rethink his offensive schemes even with more talent he needs to tweak this. How does he motivate and install some discipline in the team. This team has shown flashes of being very good but also playing down to the competition ie Canisius/Bemidji. Does he start holding players accountable, does he improve the specialty  teams? Can he do this with the current staff? I believe mr Berry needs to do some offseason soul searching to find these answers. This team will not win every game will all know that but they should be way more competitive from start to finish then they are. He has lots of resources and hopefully the ability to turn this around. He can also bounce things off his mentors, Blais, Hak and any former coaches . This was not a fun year to be a ND fan but it’s not over yet either.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SiouxFan25 said:

Who does everyone see as flight risks for UND? Poolman is really the only one that sticks out to me

I could see Poolman, Mismash, and Thome as early signings. Could also see Adams and Rieger leaving. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UNDBIZ said:

I could see Poolman, Mismash, and Thome as early signings. Could also see Adams and Rieger leaving. 

Thome? Doesn't want to ride the pine behind Scheel?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cratter said:

Thome? Doesn't want to ride the pine behind Scheel?

I found it interesting that he was hurt and likely done for the season until Scheel got hurt and then poof! He was healed. I have no inside knowledge there though. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I found it interesting that he was hurt and likely done for the season until Scheel got hurt and then poof! He was healed. I have no inside knowledge there though. 

Thome had been practicing the week Scheel got hurt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UNDBIZ said:

One more conspiracy theory crushed under the weight of truth. 

That still doesn't stop most of us! :lol:

Carry on..........

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

One more conspiracy theory crushed under the weight of truth. 

I hope Thome doesn't transfer....I want them to push each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I could see Poolman, Mismash, and Thome as early signings. Could also see Adams and Rieger leaving. 

I would've said Mismash before the season started, but the way this years gone for him I would think he'll be back

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I could see Poolman, Mismash, and Thome as early signings. Could also see Adams and Rieger leaving. 

There is nobody NHL ready.  Poolman and Mismash would be AHL possibly even in the coast.  I'd stay in college, that being the case.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SiouxFan25 said:

I would've said Mismash before the season started, but the way this years gone for him I would think he'll be back

I am expecting Mishmash to develop into a Pony or Dutchman type player...If he sticks around 4 years, he can get his best shot at the show.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

There is nobody NHL ready.  Poolman and Mismash would be AHL possibly even in the coast.  I'd stay in college, that being the case.

Agreed. Hasn't stopped kids from signing before though. Not expecting them all, or any of them really, to sign early, but I could see them doing it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SiouxFan25 said:

Who does everyone see as flight risks for UND? Poolman is really the only one that sticks out to me

TBH, No one. Poolman maybe. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

There is nobody NHL ready.  Poolman and Mismash would be AHL possibly even in the coast.  I'd stay in college, that being the case.

I know someone who has very much been in Colton's ear about not leaving early. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

I am expecting Mishmash to develop into a Pony or Dutchman type player...If he sticks around 4 years, he can get his best shot at the show.  

Agreed. I really hope he stays four years as he's got all the pieces to have a really good two years, IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I know someone who has very much been in Colton's ear about not leaving early. 

giphy.gif

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dont see anyone leaving for NHL...

only one would be Mismash if the parent club would be unhappy with his development.

Some departures for lack of playing time or lack of performance would not be a suprise.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, iluvdebbies said:

I hope Thome doesn't transfer....I want them to push each other.

Yup, would love to see an Eidsness/Dell situation play out. One of the two forces the other one out....in a good way where they both stay. Although I could see Scheel pushing Thome to transfer with Rowe in the pipeline. Maybe Rowe plays two years of juniors and Thome graduates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sioux1988 said:

Yup, would love to see an Eidsness/Dell situation play out. One of the two forces the other one out....in a good way where they both stay. Although I could see Scheel pushing Thome to transfer with Rowe in the pipeline. Maybe Rowe plays two years of juniors and Thome graduates.

I see it being Scheel, Rowe, and Thome all here at the same time. With Scheel and Rowe being 1A and 1B.

I rather have 3 goalies that can all be starters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

dont see anyone leaving for NHL...

only one would be Mismash if the parent club would be unhappy with his development.

Some departures for lack of playing time or lack of performance would not be a suprise.

This is where I see Adams leaving much like WIlkie and Murphy in the past due to playing time and who could blame him when #5 keeps getting trotted out there for a regular shift and was inserted onto the first PP unit! I think Adams must have killed Berry's dog or something as I thought he had one of his best games Friday night in Colorado Springs and the next night he's the 19th skater and the following Friday a healthy scratch. Someone with offensive upside on a team with ZERO scoring punch the past two years and continuously is a healthy scratch.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, I Ranger said:

This is where I see Adams leaving much like WIlkie and Murphy in the past due to playing time and who could blame him when #5 keeps getting trotted out there for a regular shift and was inserted onto the first PP unit! I think Adams must have killed Berry's dog or something as I thought he had one of his best games Friday night in Colorado Springs and the next night he's the 19th skater and the following Friday a healthy scratch. Someone with offensive upside on a team with ZERO scoring punch the past two years and continuously is a healthy scratch.

With you on this, Berry's line ups are drawing names from a hat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...