SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota 2018-19 Season

Frozen4sioux

Just now, Cratter said:

I think your initial reaction was correct. 

Siouxfan19 said Wilkie and Tomek had bad attitudes....

I pointed out...there seems to be a lot of conflicting issues regarding JJ....

Illness? Injury? 

Maybe it will come out later he also had a bad attitude? IDK (Tomek and JJ both have lots of "injuries")

I don't claim to know what' is happening in the locker room.

You do.

I'm flat out telling you it's not an attitude issue. Up to you whether or not if you want to believe me. 

Play it up to a locker room issue, if you like. But, for this situation, it's just not the case. 

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Tomek came in injured, sat behind Cam. Nuff said there, IMO. Next season, he sat behind Cam and had a legit shot to find the ice. Played poorly in his starts while Cam continued to take the net. Could have stayed last year, but again he was a No. 2 behind Cam and Thome was also drafted.

So he left. 

No where did I see you write the words, bad attitude, in the post above...

Maybe you aren't really in the loop as much as you like to claim.

7 minutes ago, Cratter said:

No where did I see you write the words, bad attitude, in the post above...

Maybe you aren't really in the loop as much as you like to claim.

Tomek underperformed and was about to have his spot taken. I never said anything about his attitude. I have heard previously that he never had a great work ethic, but I won't criticize that because I don't know that for certain.

I'm telling you JJ's situation is different. Like I said before, you can believe me or not. I really couldn't care less. 

13 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Exactly.

He is no longer at UND because of his attitude, not because he was "about to have his spot taken away."

Ok? Is that you saying that? I also add that I've heard he had poor work ethic. So?

And how does any of this have anything to do with JJ?

7 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

And how does any of this have anything to do with JJ?

18 minutes ago, Cratter said:

There are other things you don't know about UND behind closed doors.

You shouldn't be so sure about JJ as has been proven you don't know everything you think you do.

2 hours ago, Cratter said:

Tomek, a drafted player, was clearly better than some players on the UND roster, yet never, if rarely played.

:blink:

He was injured.  When he wasn't injured, he got lit up.  That's why he rarely played...and eventually transferred.
And what are the odds, his stats certainly haven't improved at UNO.

Man, I'd say this team's issues have a heck of a lot more to do with inconsistent play and horrendous special teams rather than figuring out if Tomek and Wilkie transferred due to locker room issues...but what do I know?  :crazy:

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, brianvf said:

He was injured.  When he wasn't injured, he got lit up.  That's why he rarely played...and eventually transferred.

Thome has checked all three boxes so far. That means....

Thome's day are numbered at UND?

There are the "official stories" you read about from Brad, and there are "the other side" stories of what happens...

46 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Thome has checked all three boxes so far. That means....

Thome's day are numbered at UND?

There are the "official stories" you read about from Brad, and there are "the other side" stories of what happens...

And Brad knows all of them, which is why it's mighty helpful to be a good friend of his. And why Stoney should be a highly trusted poster about unreported issues.

7 hours ago, Cratter said:

I think your initial reaction maybe was correct. 

Siouxfan19 said Wilkie and Tomek had bad attitudes....(I'm not disputing that...its code for "didn't get along with the coaches.")

I pointed out...there seems to be a lot of conflicting issues regarding JJ....

Illness? Injury? 

Maybe it will come out later he also had a bad attitude? I do not know.

(Tomek and JJ both have long lasting "injuries.")

I don't claim to know what is happening in the locker room.

You do.

Don't think Brad Berry would use the word "dream player" about a guy who had a bad attitude.  Of course he then added he would like to see more offense out of JJ.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, brianvf said:

:blink:

And what are the odds, his stats certainly haven't improved at UNO.

Man, I'd say this team's issues have a heck of a lot more to do with inconsistent play and horrendous special teams rather than figuring out if Tomek and Wilkie transferred due to locker room issues...but what do I know?  :crazy:

Shame on you for posting 'rational' thoughts.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Senden blew me away this year. So impressed. Knew the kid would work hard, but man, he's been great. Keane wouldn't be playing top 6 if JJ and Mash were healthy.

Keane has shown more in limited action this year than JJ has shown in 3 years. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Keane has shown more in limited action this year than JJ has shown in 3 years. 

Well JJ's hot co-ed might beg to differ.....................................but with the history of girlfriends among teammates who knows.

10 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Tomek underperformed and was about to have his spot taken. I never said anything about his attitude. I have heard previously that he never had a great work ethic, but I won't criticize that because I don't know that for certain.

I'm telling you JJ's situation is different. Like I said before, you can believe me or not. I really couldn't care less. 

That sounds about right. 

Since the 2000-01 roster (on FightingHawks.com) here are names that I recognize as not making past a sophomore season at UND. Most of these are Hakstol era; I do not claim the list is 100% accurate for including all names nor do I claim that there might not be a name on there that shouldn't be (meaning played at a junior). 

Nate Wright
Chris Fournier
Ryan Connelly
Derek Faul
Todd Alexander
Michael Forney
Anthony Grieco
Shea Hamilton
Landon Snider
Corey Fienhage
Graeme Harrington
Mike Cichy
Brett Bruneteau
Ryan Hill
Dan Senkbeil
Taylor Dickin
Wade Murphy
Mike Gornall
Chris Wilkie
Danys Chartrand
Matej Tomek

When I see the above list I'd say "sophomore housecleaning" hasn't been happening under Berry. I don't know why. I suspect he didn't have someone ready to step in so he had to hold onto what are today highly under-performing junior and senior classes.