SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota 2018-19 Season

Frozen4sioux

1 minute ago, Cratter said:

You should have followed the JJ/Tomek angle more. It could turn into a microcosm of the Berry UND tenure (or maybe not).

I don't pretend to see the future. I don't know if UND will finish in the bottom half of the NCHC next year or win a national championship.

People like to project their own feelings on posts.

If one writes all true statements, one can easily project their own feeling onto that post and think that person is immediately calling for that coach to be fired. Even if said post said no such thing.

Lots of people thought a turn around "next year is likely" too last year.

I'm generally interested, are you saying Tomek didn't get a fair shot? I really don't know what to make of JJ, I'm completely in the dark there. Could he be playing right now? 

I'm with you on your last statement, I believe I wrote that they couldn't be worse offensively as they were last year....boy was I wrong. 

2 minutes ago, AJS said:

Like the comedic relief. This forward group in general is a mess, I've been pleasantly surprised by Keane, but him playing in the Top 6 is a coaching decision more than anything else. Bowen or Hoff easily could and Keane could be on the 4th line, not really sure what your point is. Weatherby went from the 4th line two weeks ago to the 1st line last week. In all reality right now they have 4 guys who are Top 6 guaranteed, a third line which won't be broken up (or should they), everyone else in interchangeable (which isn't a good thing). 

I assumed when Bowen was suspended Friday they needed Hoff to center the 4th line. So Keane was put on the 2nd. We won Friday and Berry doesn’t like to change lineups much when we win. 

Just now, AJS said:

I'm generally interested, are you saying Tomek didn't get a fair shot? I really don't know what to make of JJ, I'm completely in the dark there. Could he be playing right now? 

I'm with you on your last statement, I believe I wrote that they couldn't be worse offensively as they were last year....boy was I wrong. 

JJ and Tomek's situations are so incredibly different lol. 

1 minute ago, siouxforce19 said:

I assumed when Bowen was suspended Friday they needed Hoff to center the 4th line. So Keane was put on the 2nd. We won Friday and Berry doesn’t like to change lineups much when we win. 

So Berry changes them regularly is what you're saying.

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, AJS said:

I don't know what is going on in the locker room. Players get bench and in generally gets reported as "injured." 

Tomek, a drafted player, was clearly better than some players on the UND roster, yet never, if rarely played.

Seemed most people without blind folds on here, knew something "was up" with the player. Turns out those posters were right.

Why did he transfer out? I don't know that answer. Likely no one here does.  But he felt he didn't want to play for Brad Berry anymore.

Was it a locker room issue? Same thing going on with JJ?

There have been other reports of locker room issues going on the past few years. I'm just asking simple questions (gobc) and trying to put the pieces together.

11 minutes ago, Cratter said:

I don't know what is going on in the locker room. Players get bench and in generally gets reported as "injured." 

Tomek, a drafted player, was clearly better than some players on the UND roster, yet never, if rarely played.

Seemed most people without blind folds on here, knew something "was up" with the player. Turns out those posters were right.

Why did he transfer out? I don't know that answer. Likely no one here does.  But he felt he didn't want to play for Brad Berry anymore.

Was it a locker room issue? 

There have been other reports of locker room issues going on the past few years. I'm just here to ask questions and put pieces together I see.

I can see where you're coming from with this, but it's a stretch. Came in injured, sat behind Cam. Nuff said there, IMO. Next season, he sat behind Cam and had a legit shot to find the ice. Played poorly in his starts while Cam continued to take the net. Could have stayed last year, but again he was a No. 2 behind Cam and Thome was also drafted. So he left. And has again played poorly for UNO. Seems like it's on him.

JJ's situation is so far and away different than Tomek's.

8 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I can see where you're coming from with this, but it's a stretch. Came in injured, sat behind Cam. Nuff said there, IMO. Next season, he sat behind Cam and had a legit shot to find the ice. Played poorly in his starts while Cam continued to take the net. Could have stayed last year, but again he was a No. 2 behind Cam and Thome was also drafted. So he left. And has again, played poorly for UNO.

JJ's situation is so far and away different than Tomek's.

If every time a UND player played poorly and transfered, they'd barely have a team lately.

The JJ situation could be exactly the same as the Tomek (obviously JJ isn't a goalie). You don't know one way or another.

5 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Haha touche. But, Tomek's situation seems like a massive stretch to indicate a locker room issue.

Tomek, amongst others, has transferred away from UND.

We can call it locker room issues or we can call it differences with the coaching staff. Doesn't matter to me what we call it.

There's likely been both since Berry took over.

Just now, Cratter said:

We can call it locker room issues or we can call it differences with the coaching staff. Doesn't matter to me what we call it.

Didn’t have the right attitude to play here. Same with Wilkie. I’m paraphrasing. 

On 2/13/2019 at 10:17 PM, siouxforce19 said:

To my knowledge, It was never an injury. It was an illness. But he’s been out for so long with this so-called illness that it’s a bit concerning. 

I think he’s done. If he’s been dealing with an illness this whole time... I don’t think there’s enough time left for him to suddenly become game ready if he were to get healthy. 

Illness? injury?

Done for the season?

Lots of questions. Must also have a bad attitude?

IDk smple. questons.

25 minutes ago, Cratter said:

There's likely been both since Berry took over.

Or the player played poorly and was going to have two highly-touted players in front of him. You can call it a locker room issue, but that seems like a weak call.  

2 minutes ago, Cratter said:

What?!!? ha

I'm not the one who said Tomek didn't have the right attitude to play for UND.

Sorry man. I responded before I saw the context there. I thought you were talking about JJ having a bad attitude. 

JJ's situation is 100% different than these two and it's in no way a locker room issue nor the fault of anyone, including Bubbs. 

8 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Sorry man. I responded before I saw the context there. I thought you were talking about JJ having a bad attitude. 

JJ's situation is 100% different than these two and it's in no way a locker room issue nor the fault of anyone, including Bubbs. 

I think your initial reaction maybe was correct. 

Siouxfan19 said Wilkie and Tomek had bad attitudes....(I'm not disputing that...its code for "didn't get along with the coaches.")

I pointed out...there seems to be a lot of conflicting issues regarding JJ....

Illness? Injury? 

Maybe it will come out later he also had a bad attitude? I do not know.

(Tomek and JJ both have long lasting "injuries.")

I don't claim to know what is happening in the locker room.

You do.