SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota 2018-19 Season

Frozen4sioux

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 9:11 AM, Wilbur said:

I was super excited about Bowen after his Freshman year.  Then the injury bug got him last year and he just hasn't been the same player.  I thought 15-20 goals this year was possible for him.  Now it's likely he may not get to 10 total points by the end of the year.

A good question a buddy of mine asked the other day was:  If Poolman leaves, who is the captain next year?  

Your guess is better than mine.

Not to say im any sort of expert, but Bowen is turning out exactly like I thought he would.  Actually, probably a bit worse

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Not to say im any sort of expert, but Bowen is turning out exactly like I thought he would.  Actually, probably a bit worse

I didn't have high hopes for him coming in either, but his Freshman year probably got my hopes up on him a wee bit.  Thought that getting 6 his rookie year could have meant 10 as a Soph and up from there going forward.

40 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

You maybe right even Brad isn’t bringing it up , he would have at least said upper or lower body.

To my knowledge, It was never an injury. It was an illness. But he’s been out for so long with this so-called illness that it’s a bit concerning. 

I think he’s done. If he’s been dealing with an illness this whole time... I don’t think there’s enough time left for him to suddenly become game ready if he were to get healthy. 

5 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

To my knowledge, It was never an injury. It was an illness. But he’s been out for so long with this so-called illness that it’s a bit concerning. 

I think he’s done. If he’s been dealing with an illness this whole time... I don’t think there’s enough time left for him to suddenly become game ready if he were to get healthy. 

It's not an illness.

8 minutes ago, runaroundsioux said:

I honestly don't know what the deal is. I do know it's not illness and don't believe it's concussion. He's listed as  undisclosed injury. Concussion is usually listed as upper body.

Have they ruled out a huge intestinal parasitic worm?

2 hours ago, SiouxCrioux1 said:

The whole situation with him is getting very suspicious. I’m starting to think it’s more disciplinary than injury.

1 hour ago, siouxforce19 said:

I'm told it's not disciplinary, for sure. Illness definitely sounds more accurate.

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

This seems to show why I think this team looks slower to me. 

This sure isn't a Dean Blais "smurfs" squad. 

They better be looking to rectify this, as hockey across the board is moving to more speed. I don't think we are slow by any means, but some teams just pass the eye test of being speedy more than we do.   Don't know if the updated locker room still has the saying "Speed Kills" in it, but it couldn't be more true today.  I was listening on the XM NHL Channel and they were saying that Edmonton kind of got caught on the wrong end of the transition to speed with a few contracts of more plodding players.  Of course they have McDavid that can get things done, but they aren't getting much production beyond that.  

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'd say LAK is worse off that way than EDM. 

I agree, and they might have even mentioned them as well.  Would think that is why Braden Costello hasn't been too successful in the USHL.  Would only get harder in college. 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Paging Mister Harrison Feeney .... 

Not so fast.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/4572541-adam-scheel-goes-down-injury-unds-loss-western-michigan

"If there’s some good news, it’s that Thome began taking pucks in practice again this week and is nearing a return." 

“I think he’s right around the corner,” Berry said. “He probably could have come on the road trip. He just came in the last couple of practices. He stayed home to get some shots and conditioning. He should be ready to be available by next weekend.”

Like everyone, I have my fingers crossed that Scheel's injury isn't season ending, but if it is, that he makes a speedy recovery. This Thome news though is a big deal, I'm anxious to find out more this upcoming week. 

• Upvote 1