SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota 2018-19 Season

Frozen4sioux

7 minutes ago, Irish said:

The title of this thread is University of North Dakota Hockey 2018-19 season. And not your buddy, pal.

*sigh* .... We were talking about players on the current roster, because it is the 2018-19 season and how they could fit on the future roster, and you jumped in with your anti-Bubbs stuff. We were not talking about this.

Again, if you don't mind, can you just chill out on this? We all understand you think Bubbs should be fired. 

Lol sorry my "buddy" offended you? I was thinking we were, at least, forum buddies. Unless, you're going the South Park route, then I approve haha.

16 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

*sigh* .... We were talking about players on the current roster, because it is the 2018-19 season and how they could fit on the future roster, and you jumped in with your anti-Bubbs stuff. We were not talking about this.

Again, if you don't mind, can you just chill out on this? We all understand you think Bubbs should be fired. 

Lol sorry my "buddy" offended you? I was thinking we were, at least, forum buddies. Unless, you're going the South Park route, then I approve haha.

All right - message received - I guess I am just really frustrated.

2 hours ago, Irish said:

Have you looked at our top 6 scoring recently - not one in the top 50 NCAA scoring leaders - not one.  Our  "top 6" guys should be here and we should have some scorers on our top 6.  One point is that these are guys Berry is keeping on the roster instead of bringing in another scorer.

I get the frustration....however you can't just "bring in another scorer".  This is college hockey...no trades can be made.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I get the frustration....however you can't just "bring in another scorer".  This is college hockey...no trades can be made.

And now I suppose you're going to tell me our mediocre record isn't going to get us a higher draft choice.........damn. 

• Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/4557265-und-goalie-peter-thome-out-longterm-fighting-hawks-bring-new-goalie

Harrison Feeney of the Lone Star Brahmas of the North American Hockey League is expected to drive from Fort Worth, Texas, to Grand Forks today to join the team. He has been accepted into the school.

4 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Ok….so we dig deep into the NA to find a proven scorer..."for next year".  Haha, ok.

I wish. Leading scorer in the NA is Logan Jenuwine. 40 g in 40 games and a Western Michigan commit. Didn't do much in the USHL so probably wouldn't do much scoring in the NCAA. Really I just what him because his last name is Jenuwine. If I'm pronouncing it right, give this guy his own goal song, things could get real frisky at the Ralph.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Ok….so we dig deep into the NA to find a proven scorer..."for next year".  Haha, ok.

Not only that, but most of the people constantly complaining were excited when we got many of the players on the current roster, so I would expect not to hear "good get" on future recruits when they commit.

I was super excited about Bowen after his Freshman year.  Then the injury bug got him last year and he just hasn't been the same player.  I thought 15-20 goals this year was possible for him.  Now it's likely he may not get to 10 total points by the end of the year.

A good question a buddy of mine asked the other day was:  If Poolman leaves, who is the captain next year?  

Your guess is better than mine.

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

If Poolman leaves, who is the captain next year?  

I can't believe I'm about to type what I'm about to type ... I can't put it onto anyone in this junior class (with Smith as a long-shot). 

My best guess is Kierstad with the C; next would be JBD.

And I could legitimately see Mark Senden with an A as a sophomore. 

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I was super excited about Bowen after his Freshman year.  Then the injury bug got him last year and he just hasn't been the same player.  I thought 15-20 goals this year was possible for him.  Now it's likely he may not get to 10 total points by the end of the year.

A good question a buddy of mine asked the other day was:  If Poolman leaves, who is the captain next year?  

I’ve thought about this too. I do not think it will be a senior either.

15 hours ago, tnt said:

Not only that, but most of the people constantly complaining were excited when we got many of the players on the current roster, so I would expect not to hear "good get" on future recruits when they commit.

I've often thought that what this Board really needs is a thread addressing that precisely.  A prediction thread where posters can come in, before a player starts his college career, and declare, "this guy is going to be a great college hockey player."  Not just limited to our team, but all around college hockey.

What you'd see is this.  You'd see some hits, because yeah you can pretty much figure out that a player like Hughes (if he makes it to college) is going to be great.  You're going to see some misses.  And you're going to realize that many guys who are great college players were never even mentioned in our thread.

On 2/5/2019 at 10:03 AM, siouxforce19 said:

I’d rather see Keane in the lineup over Bowen and Yon. Those two will be seniors next year and have shown little to no improvement since they were freshmen. They’ll be gone in a year, so I’d rather think what will be more beneficial long term. 

I don’t think Bowen is an awful penalty killer, actually think he’s pretty decent, but if he’s always in the box it doesn’t do us any good. Would like to see the penalties decrease, (and not just for him, seems like it’s always the same guys taking the dump penalty) goes without saying... 

To be fair, on 33% of his penalties, he doesn't go to the box:wink:

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I was willing to die on the hill fighting for Bowen's 15 goal sophmore campaign.  Didn't work out well.

On 2/6/2019 at 9:18 AM, The Sicatoka said:

I can't believe I'm about to type what I'm about to type ... I can't put it onto anyone in this junior class (with Smith as a long-shot). 

My best guess is Kierstad with the C; next would be JBD.

And I could legitimately see Mark Senden with an A as a sophomore. 

I definitely see Senden getting a letter.

Colton - C
Kierstad - A
Senden - A
Smith - A

I think Kawaguchi and Bowen should get consideration, too.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I definitely see Senden getting a letter.

Colton - C
Kierstad - A
Senden - A
Smith - A

I think Kawaguchi and Bowen should get consideration, too.

You think Colton stays? I think he should and it would be fantastic but thought he was a decent bet to leave after his jr year?