SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota 2018-19 Season

Frozen4sioux

I'm just really pumped for the second half to start. . . I don't know why, but I have a really good feeling about this team, (despite the stats!!) and think we can make a run at Buffalo this year.  The difference Jones made the other night now that he's back was amazing.  Not to mention having all our other injured guys back.  I think we're going to go on a good run even though it's a tough schedule.  I should have put money on us in Vegas.  :) 

P.S.  Feel free to blame me if this post jinxes the team!! 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Hockeygirl97 said:

I'm just really pumped for the second half to start. . . I don't know why, but I have a really good feeling about this team, (despite the stats!!) and think we can make a run at Buffalo this year.  The difference Jones made the other night now that he's back was amazing.  Not to mention having all our other injured guys back.  I think we're going to go on a good run even though it's a tough schedule.  I should have put money on us in Vegas.  :) 

I think it'll be important to get off to a good start in the second half.  Ideally they'd win the first six games, although I assume Omaha will play us tough as usual.  Then go 4-4 during that tough stretch in late January and most of February, and finish strong against CC and Omaha to end the regular season.  Get to 20-22 wins before the playoffs and they should be hosting the first round again.  In a four game national tournament, anything can happen, especially playing in Fargo.  Limit shots, which this team has generally been good at, hot goaltending and a timely goal here and there and who knows.  But right now their margin for error is pretty thin.  Can't be going off on any 3-4 game winless streaks.

7 hours ago, Hockeygirl97 said:

If they can stay healthy I agree!

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 8:24 AM, stoneySIOUX said:

I've said this at least a dozen times on here... we've missed on one class (the current juniors other than Colton Poolman). Sophs are top contributors and freshmen look to be pretty dang good. It's not my judgement that our pipeline is pretty special, it's from scouts, coaches and draft rankers. 

Fair enough, can't argue.  Agree, I think you're spot on with the soph and frosh classes and jr class has been a slight miss (which I've said on this site previously).

10 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Day Pass is $10.99...season pass is a steal at $105. :(

HAHAHA for AHA hockey... yiiikes. I bet they make a lot of profit on all 12 of their subscribers. 

My guess.... they'll make more money this weekend than they will from their annual subscriptions. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/4551458-ten-things-know-about-unds-hockey-series-canisius

HarborCenter, home of Canisius hodckey: 

"One of the most unique twists to the arena is that it’s on the sixth and seventh floors of the complex."

Probably one of the more unique venues that UND hockey has played at in recent years!

harborcenter-1200x675.jpg

Also, it's very "intimate" :)

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Also, it's very "intimate" :)

Great article.  We are lucky to have Brad.  Its interresting that the Washinton Capitals recommended that their freight elevator should be big enough to fit a Zamboni.  Did the Capitals overlook this?  How do the Capitals get their zambonis into the arena assuming they didn't do this (I think that was implied)?

3 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Great article.  We are lucky to have Brad.  Its interresting that the Washinton Capitals recommended that their freight elevator should be big enough to fit a Zamboni.  Did the Capitals overlook this?  How do the Capitals get their zambonis into the arena assuming they didn't do this (I think that was implied)?

That was some interesting stuff.

3 hours ago, runaroundsioux said:

Helicopter.

That’s something I’d like to see. 

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

They Golden Griffins are giving up almost 4 goals per game. The guys should be dreaming of multi-point games. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Goon said:

They Golden Griffins are giving up almost 4 goals per game. The guys should be dreaming of multi-point games. 

Didn't WMU enter their series with UND having one of the worst defenses and GAA% in the country?
That one didn't end up so well for UND.

Hopefully their series against Canisius goes better than that.

20 minutes ago, Goon said:

God forbid we make yet another mediocre/average goalie/defense look all-star caliber in one of the two games.  New Year's resolution, it ain't gonna happen!.

11 hours ago, GDPritch said:

God forbid we make yet another mediocre/average goalie/defense look all-star caliber in one of the two games.  New Year's resolution, it ain't gonna happen!.

New goalie = improved defense and stats going out the window. Here's the setup:

"Matt Ladd joined the team from the New Jersey Junior Titans of the North American Hockey League. Ladd had a .922 save percentage for the Titans during the first half of the season.

He made his college debut Saturday against Union. The 6-foot-3, 205-pound netminder stopped 32 of 36 shots in a 5-2 road loss to the Dutchmen."

Not trying to 'punk' anyone....but tonight on BTN....Ohio State/Michigan State and on ESPNU …..Minnesota/Penn State.....my comments of awhile back....'revenue stream of the future is television...not necessarily butts in an arena'....plus kids like playing on TV where friends/family can watch them from....wherever......

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2