SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota 2018-19 Season

Frozen4sioux

4 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

That's a big thumbs down for me.

Less and less print paper for the Herald. More Bison football and Gopher hockey in the Herald. It's like they are purposely trying to kill it.

http://www.westfargopioneer.com/sports/hockey/4510925-longtime-writer-jess-myers-cover-minnesota-gophers-hockey-new-forum-news

The West Fargo Pioneer...a forum communication newspaper...somehow Fargo "area" has two newspapers owned by the same company.

"Hey Forum Communications, It's Grand Forks, can we have at least one decent newspaper?"

"No!"

1 minute ago, Cratter said:

Less and less print paper for the Herald. More Bison football and Gopher hockey in the Herald. It's like they are purposely trying to kill it.

http://www.westfargopioneer.com/sports/hockey/4510925-longtime-writer-jess-myers-cover-minnesota-gophers-hockey-new-forum-news

Well they're killing it for me...the only time I want to read about Gofer hockey is when UND has just knocked them out of the playoffs.  Here's a preview of next week's Gofer story:  Motzko Purposely Wore His Electric Blue Suit to Look More Like an Oompah-Loompah!

• Upvote 1

In today's Herald, page B3 is an article called Gophers notebook.  In the 3rd column is a comment by Gopher deputy athletic director John Cunningham that starts "Gopher Hockey has the most passionate fan base in college hockey".  After I got done laughing I decided I was being nasty, it could be that both of their hockey fans are passionate about it. 

Just now, Gma loves hockey said:

In today's Herald, page B3 is an article called Gophers notebook.  In the 3rd column is a comment by Gopher deputy athletic director John Cunningham that starts "Gopher Hockey has the most passionate fan base in college hockey".  After I got done laughing I decided I was being nasty, it could be that both of their hockey fans are passionate about it. 

They have 2 fans?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Sorry, I just don't want to be reading about the Gofers and the Huskies in the Heraldo...

No need to apologize, I don't want to read about them either unless it's after losing in the 1st round to a #4 seed again.

I was merely trying to create a distinction between Mick Hatten and Jess Myers, one takes his job seriously and does it well.

WTFF??? I don't think gopher hockey or especially bison football needs to be ANYWHERE in the herald. Why does Fargo INSIST on trying to like hate on GF. Move on. GF doesn't care about Fargo... why does Fargo care so much about GF. They are jealous. I hate Fargo sooooooo much

7 minutes ago, FightingSU said:

WTFF??? I don't think gopher hockey or especially bison football needs to be ANYWHERE in the herald. Why does Fargo INSIST on trying to like hate on GF. Move on. GF doesn't care about Fargo... why does Fargo care so much about GF. They are jealous. I hate Fargo sooooooo much

Maybe a group of people should pool their money together and buy the Heraldo from Forum Communications. We could run it like the Green Bay Packers are run.

Last night is exactly why I worried about offense this season. One bad bounce and the game was lost. There was no one there to generate any counter punch offense, much less anything to make that bad bounce of no consequence to the outcome by having a lead built before that event. 

As I've said, in the 1980s when the average game had 9 goals scored total (per Schlossman), one bad goal was 11% of the scoring. Last night, one bad goal was 100% of the scoring*. I don't want bad luck deciding games, I want talent deciding games. I don't want hockey to become soccer with 1-0 games considered spellbindingly fabulous events, but it is. Even if it means changing something like net sizes or goalie gear I'd like a bad bounce to go back to being a small percentage of scoring in a game. I want to see talent decide games.**

*Ignore the ENG.

**Some of you will say what about goalie talent. I'd say sure. Show me. But where is it? Today's goaltending is about wearing grandma's couch cushions (compared to earlier gear), a glove that is the size of a dart board, and a blocker that is measured in square feet. The talent is mere positioning with the cushions and sundries all stacked orderly. 

So just seen Brads post about Blaisdell having 6 points last night and it got me thinking is the coaching staff choking the talent out of these players when they get here? Most of these guys scored in juniors and now they can’t find the net, Guch, Weatherby, Adams etc.

Berry’s systems block creativity? But we have culture and history that should be enough to spur us on. Something is way wrong with this team and this is the second season of it. These players don’t just stop scoring ?

56 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

So just seen Brads post about Blaisdell having 6 points last night and it got me thinking is the coaching staff choking the talent out of these players when they get here? Most of these guys scored in juniors and now they can’t find the net, Guch, Weatherby, Adams etc.

Berry’s systems block creativity? But we have culture and history that should be enough to spur us on. Something is way wrong with this team and this is the second season of it. These players don’t just stop scoring ?

Maybe it’s the “culture” that’s holding them back?