SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota 2018-19 Season

Frozen4sioux

13 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

UND really needs at least a win and a tie this weekend to keep people engaged.  Another weekend of uninspired play and 1 goal performances would be disasterous.

...and Brad is predicting that in Mankato's favor.  UND is down another notch in his eyes, as he is the king of the split when UND is involved. 

19 minutes ago, FightingSU said:

Feels wierd to even be at the point of having to say something like that.. but its true.. totally true, and here we are.. Go Sioux!! get that W!!!

….and we're playing Mankato.  Boys need a sweep.  Turn this thing around.

UND 19-2-1 vs MSU in last 22 games and 11-0-1 vs MSU at the Ralph per Schloss. Schloss calling this series a win and tie........for MSU. Unfortunately I think he's spot on. IMO split is best case scenario.

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

UND 19-2-1 vs MSU in last 22 games and 11-0-1 vs MSU at the Ralph per Schloss. Schloss calling this series a win and tie........for MSU. Unfortunately I think he's spot on. IMO split is best case scenario.

Sticking my neck out there....I'm calling two tight wins for the boys.  Fanbase does a complete 180.....until they drop a bad one out in Vegas.

Just now, scpa0305 said:

Sticking my neck out there....I'm calling two tight wins for the boys.  Fanbase does a complete 180.....until they drop a bad one out in Vegas.

...and most attending that game will have absolutely no recollection of even being there or the outcome!!!

• Upvote 2

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

...and most attending that game will have absolutely no recollection of even being there or the outcome!!!

I'll probably be in that bucket.

As for MSU, they lost a ton from last year....and the have a frosh tendy.  Boys need to show up tonight.

22 hours ago, tnt said:

Like we saw with Las Vegas in the NHL last year, hard work can overcome a lot of things.  If you have a more mature team that works hard, they certainly can be very competitive.  Nobody would say that Minnesota State has more talent than BU, but they swept them for the second year in a row.  We have more than enough talent to be very competitive if they have the intensity to bear down.    

That is the problem....lack of effort. I am the biggest Sioux fan around but i am so sick of our guys thinking they can just show up and win. Any kid in the country would love to play in this rink and have the facilities we have. If I were Berry i would make them dress over at Old memorial stadium and carry their bags to the Ralph and play. I don't care if we have blue-chippers or not. That has never been the issue with Fighting Sioux hockey. Right now the issue is who wants it more and who wants to come out of the corners with the puck with some tenacity and grit. We have lost our vision of what it means to play for the logo and North Dakota and until it changes it's going to be a long year. And don't tell me its way too early to panic. Anyone can see that the will is not there.

1 hour ago, Maddogg1971 said:

That is the problem....lack of effort. I am the biggest Sioux fan around but i am so sick of our guys thinking they can just show up and win. Any kid in the country would love to play in this rink and have the facilities we have. If I were Berry i would make them dress over at Old memorial stadium and carry their bags to the Ralph and play. I don't care if we have blue-chippers or not. That has never been the issue with Fighting Sioux hockey. Right now the issue is who wants it more and who wants to come out of the corners with the puck with some tenacity and grit. We have lost our vision of what it means to play for the logo and North Dakota and until it changes it's going to be a long year. And don't tell me its way too early to panic. Anyone can see that the will is not there.

So you equate making them dress in the football team's locker room as a punishment, yet hockey supporters get confused and defensive when supporters of the football team are so insistent on the importance of new facilities for the team. This is up there with Schlossman dropping the tidbit about the NCHC coaches buying in and wearing the new logo to show support as an important part of the acceptance process for the new conference. Can't even make this stuff up. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, jdub27 said:

So you equate making them dress in the football team's locker room as a punishment, yet hockey supporters get confused and defensive when supporters of the football team are so insistent on the importance of new facilities for the team. Can't make this stuff up. 

Lighten up Francis. You know what i mean.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Maddogg1971 said:

My concern is that Berry says that work ethic and intensity isn't the problem which is in direct contrast to what he said after Friday's game in Bemidji saying they had a lot of passengers.  Are we at the stage where the team psyche can't handle the truth that they didn't work hard enough to win?   I remember Cary Eades saying he had to change a bit in the way he approached players as far as needing to be more positive.  Are guys like Dean Blais a thing of the past?   Players may not respond as well to coaches like Blais anymore, but I do think they need to get the Hakstol stare every once in a while to keep them honest.  

There is cause for concern because of the stated goals coming in, but I agree that people jump to conclusions too fast.   If we absolutely throttled Mankato this weekend, people would trend to the other side of the ledger.  That said, they need to come away with some positive results this weekend, for their confidence besides what it means in the Pairwise.  I think last year there was a period when they just looked defeated, and they need to change that into a little swagger this year.  

• Upvote 1