SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota 2018-19 Season

Frozen4sioux

56 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Face value, or less. There are other that made these comments on here last season. 

$60 for the pair against Manitoba

$80 for the pair for Mankato(Friday), Western Michigan(Friday), and Omaha(Friday)

Still have Colorado College(Friday), and UAA(both nights) but haven't put these on Craigs List yet. 

And they are lower bowl tix.

1 minute ago, petey23 said:

$60 for the pair against Manitoba

$80 for the pair for Mankato(Friday), Western Michigan(Friday), and Omaha(Friday)

Still have Colorado College(Friday), and UAA(both nights) but haven't put these on Craigs List yet. 

Your doing good, hopefully everyone does. Nice to have butts in all the seats. 

1 hour ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

This is true, I'll post to craigslist and my wife to fb marketplace and she usually has 5 responses before I have 1. I will say though in my experience you get more tire kickers on fb.

Facebook does have a ton of tire kickerz.

Ss.com is easiest to deal with, never had a seller or buyer flake out through there.

3 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

This is true, I'll post to craigslist and my wife to fb marketplace and she usually has 5 responses before I have 1. I will say though in my experience you get more tire kickers on fb.

Somehow I read this as "I'll post...my wife to fb marketplaces" and then the fact that you get so many responses makes me think, damn, I should do that too. ;) 

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/4515609-und-works-iron-out-details-offensive-game

Curious to know what others think about the work ethic and intensity level versus Bemidji State. I did not think it was that good like Berry does. I'm wondering about that culture they speak of when that passes as good intensity and work ethic.  Zach Parise and Nick Jones epitomize work ethic, and I saw a lot of coasting on Saturday even without holding to that type of standard.  I found it interesting that when Lee Goren was talking about the 2000 National Championship he said he didn't know what work ethic was until Dean Blais taught him.  Think a few guys on this team need to learn what work ethic really is by watching someone as accomplished and long tenured as Parise from shift to shift.  I would argue that part of the reason we aren't scoring is directly related to intensity and work ethic. Whatever happened to the saying "the harder I work, the luckier I get"?

• Upvote 3

North Dakota to recognize 1958-59 NCAA championship team

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2018/10/18/mens-hockey-north-dakota-to-recognize-1958-59-ncaa-championship-team.aspx

"North Dakota will wear 1958-59 replica jerseys during its Dec. 29 exhibition game against the United States Under-18 Team at Ralph Engelstad Arena. The jerseys will then be sold via online auction at FightingHawks.com with the proceeds benefiting the Sioux Scholarship Endowment, which provides scholarship assistance to Native American students."

• Upvote 1

Bemidji is a tough team to start out against.  The are very conservative in how they play and they are very old.  Coupled with the fact this school is so close to ours (somewhat of a rivalry and definitely one of BSU's biggest games of the year), that is a recipe for disaster.  And a disaster is was. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Bemidji is a tough team to start out against.  The are very conservative in how they play and they are very old.  Coupled with the fact this school is so close to ours (somewhat of a rivalry and definitely one of BSU's biggest games of the year), that is a recipe for disaster.  And a disaster is was. 

Very valid points.............only problem with all of that is UND looked to have the same overall skill level as BSU.

27 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

North Dakota to recognize 1958-59 NCAA championship team

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2018/10/18/mens-hockey-north-dakota-to-recognize-1958-59-ncaa-championship-team.aspx

"North Dakota will wear 1958-59 replica jerseys during its Dec. 29 exhibition game against the United States Under-18 Team at Ralph Engelstad Arena. The jerseys will then be sold via online auction at FightingHawks.com with the proceeds benefiting the Sioux Scholarship Endowment, which provides scholarship assistance to Native American students."

Nice! They'll be lookin sharp. :cool:

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Very valid points.............only problem with all of that is UND looked to have the same overall skill level as BSU.

BSU was buzzing those two games.  That's probably why the talent/skill looked similar.  There was zero time and space.  Their PK clogged up the middle and our PP puck carriers kept trying to take it through the middle (insanity).  You see it in football every so often.  A young big school loses to an FCS school full of seniors early on in the season.  I think the same thing happened to the boys last weekend.  Early in the season and they couldn't match BSU's intensity.  They play at the end of the season and UND wins those two game (I hope).  Also, guys like Combs and Harris are skilled.  I mean Combs received a late offer to come here.

13 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

BSU was buzzing those two games.  That's probably why the talent/skill looked similar.  There was zero time and space.  Their PK clogged up the middle and our PP puck carriers kept trying to take it through the middle (insanity).  You see it in football every so often.  A young big school loses to an FCS school full of seniors early on in the season.  I think the same thing happened to the boys last weekend.  Early in the season and they couldn't match BSU's intensity.  They play at the end of the season and UND wins those two game (I hope).  Also, guys like Combs and Harris are skilled.  I mean Combs received a late offer to come here.

Like we saw with Las Vegas in the NHL last year, hard work can overcome a lot of things.  If you have a more mature team that works hard, they certainly can be very competitive.  Nobody would say that Minnesota State has more talent than BU, but they swept them for the second year in a row.  We have more than enough talent to be very competitive if they have the intensity to bear down.    

14 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

It sounds like the hockey team will be wearing a jersey that says 'Sioux' on it.  SS meltdown coming in 3.2.1....

Nope. Per the settlement UND must retain the rights to the old nickname and logos. To do that they must use them from time to time. Making, wearing, and selling legacy jerseys meets that criteria. Nothing to see here other than meeting contractual obligations and keeping NCAA lawyers at bay.