SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota 2018-19 Season

Frozen4sioux

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 11:07 PM, snova4 said:

While I cheer for football to win that title as well, in the grand scheme of things, it is the JV title of college football. No FCS champion is going to be knocking on the door to face the FBS champion, and no fan in their right mind would say that it would be a competitive game. Therefore, FCS=JV College Football. 

It's also the best way to get under the skin of the arrogant Bison fans.  Just tell them come back when they beat the Ugly Helmets in Football.  Beating the Rodents in football is not comparable.  Get your AD to schedule a game in Ann Arbor and we'll all watch how that turns out. Hint,  do it before they fire Harbaugh as coach.

35 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

It's on there, do a search if it's not on the homepage.

Looks like their subscription options are only monthly and yearly so probably not worth paying it for one game.  Bad call by the WCHA to use this new host.

Okay. Thanks!

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

It's on there, do a search if it's not on the homepage.

Looks like their subscription options are only monthly and yearly so probably not worth paying it for one game.  Bad call by the WCHA to use this new host.

I'm always bummed when I learn that streaming video will probably not be available--until I realize I get to listen to Tim call the game.   Years ago, before widespread streaming access, he was my source for Sioux Hockey, and I'll always treasure those times--he's that good, IMO.  So, you give something up, but you get something good back too. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, burd said:

I'm always bummed when I learn that streaming video will probably not be available--until I realize I get to listen to Tim call the game.   Years ago, before widespread streaming access, he was my source for Sioux Hockey, and I'll always treasure those times--he's that good, IMO.  So, you give something up, but you get something good back too. 

Have a hard time listening to games because I go nuts when I hear the phrase when the puck is in UND's end, "cleared but not out".   Have to have that visual confirmation. 

11 minutes ago, SiouxTupa said:

Anybody create an account and see what a monthly subscription costs? I did one for some league awhile back that was only $10. I'd probably spend that much to watch if the quality was decent. It would be nice if the site had pricing listed.

It's $29.99 for a month. Little too steep for me when it's a single game. So going to have to listen to radio. I use to watch all Bemidji home games when they were on Lakeland Public channel. Think Bemidji made the wrong move going strictly streaming. Might get more money out of it but I bet there were more eyeballs watching when it was on TV.

3 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

It's $29.99 for a month. Little too steep for me when it's a single game. So going to have to listen to radio. I use to watch all Bemidji home games when they were on Lakeland Public channel. Think Bemidji made the wrong move going strictly streaming. Might get more money out of it but I bet there were more eyeballs watching when it was on TV.

Damn, I got my ticket on the blue line for $34. Might as well drive there to take it in if you can for that price.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Loved it when BSU games were on Lakeland.  The announcers were awesome too!

53 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Thanks, that's nuts for what will likely be one game. Bummer, since I watched a few games on the old wcha.tv over the last few seasons.

Every game home and away in conference. Except those on CBSsports. Home out of conference. Not away out of conference. Broadcast quality depends on where the game is at. NCHC does not do the broadcasts. They just pick up the feeds from the local broadcast. UND-excellent. Omaha, Duluth, St.Cloud,Denver-good. Miami, Western Michigan, CC, less so but decent. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Wonder if you could sign up for yearly subscription...they bill monthly ($12.50) then cancel after one month.

10 hours ago, tnt said:

Have a hard time listening to games because I go nuts when I hear the phrase when the puck is in UND's end, "cleared but not out".   Have to have that visual confirmation. 

Well at least we don't have to hear that idiot for the Gofers saying that they are "ratcheting" the puck around the boards....

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, tnt said:

I painful over/under bet would be how many times Tim says "cleared but not out" and his color guy says "yup" while Tim is talking. 

On 10/11/2018 at 6:00 AM, burd said:

I painful over/under bet would be how many times Tim says "cleared but not out" and his color guy says "yup" while Tim is talking. 

Ole....please wait until Tim is don....okay I meant cut him off so Tim can tell us what happened 30 seconds later.

TH with O'Keefe is still the best radio hockey tandem I've ever heard.  

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Ole....please wait until Tim is don....okay I meant cut him off so Tim can tell us what happened 30 seconds later.

TH with O'Keefe is still the best radio hockey tandem I've ever heard.  

The Tims are the best radio hockey team on the planet.  Were. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, tnt said:

All I know, is that if I hear after this weekend that "we need to learn how to bring it all the time", I will be very disappointed.  

Call me disappointed.  Game one and Brad Berry is talking about passengers.  So much for the lip service of we know every game counts, and every period starts at zero.