SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota 2018-19 Season

Frozen4sioux

2 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Some pretty cool updates to The Ralph and Betty here...just a few that stuck out to me:

Hugo's Wine and Spirits Lounge: The new "Hugo's Wine & Spirits Lounge" behind Section 112 will offer specialty cocktails and mixed drinks on the Main Concourse for the first time. This is a new beverage option for those who seek a cocktail or a mixed drink on the Main Concourse. Patrons must be 21 or older to enter the Hugo's Wine & Spirits Lounge.

Game Presentation Features: Enhancements have been made for player introductions and pregame activities, including a new intelligent lighting system that has the ability to strobe and produce color washes. A new system has also been mounted on the glass in each corner of the rink that will shoot CO2 jets 20 feet high whenever UND scores a goal. The Touch Tunes music system, along with new exterior speakers above the student lineup area, will be available on game day to students waiting in line to get into the arena. This service will also be available exclusively for students during the first 30 minutes that they are in the building. The UND students will be able to control the music played externally during the day, and internally during the first 30 minutes that the doors are open via the Touch Tunes system. A new 3-minute warning will be used when there is three minutes remaining in the intermission to let people know that the game is about to resume and encourage them to return to their seats.

Music while waiting in the student line?

Where was this a few years ago???? COME ON!

• Upvote 2

Fans will also be able to purchase refillable fountain soda (five concession stands) and refillable popcorn (eight concession stands), which will allow unlimited refills" for the duration of the game.

i like this especially with kids that suck down pop before the national anthem.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, darell1976 said:

Fans will also be able to purchase refillable fountain soda (five concession stands) and refillable popcorn (eight concession stands), which will allow unlimited refills" for the duration of the game.

i like this especially with kids that suck down pop before the national anthem.

This should help keep our students well in the bag with the travelers of liquor they sneak in.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Um ... what'll that "bottomless" soda or popcorn cost? 

21 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Some pretty cool updates to The Ralph and Betty here...just a few that stuck out to me:

Hugo's Wine and Spirits Lounge: The new "Hugo's Wine & Spirits Lounge" behind Section 112 will offer specialty cocktails and mixed drinks on the Main Concourse for the first time. This is a new beverage option for those who seek a cocktail or a mixed drink on the Main Concourse. Patrons must be 21 or older to enter the Hugo's Wine & Spirits Lounge.

Handy for me! :-)

14 minutes ago, siouxforcefans said:

Who pissed in your Cheerios?  "These folks are excited for hockey to start, let's see if I can make myself look like a jerk - it'll be cool!"

He would probably have you believe he goes to games out of a sense of duty to UND, but ultimately if he gives up his seat, there are plenty of people that would be willing to buy it.  But certainly the way he "tolerates" hockey is coincidental to how people tolerate the attitude. 

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Says one of the most divisive UND "fans" to post on this site. Total d**chbag post!

It's really too bad children like UND FB Fan actually seek negative attention.   Probably a lot of things wrong in his life. 

Missing out on hockey is probably the main cause of his problems.   :D

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

One must drink excessively to watch and tolerate the “sport” of ice and a puck (aka hockey). 

Hooray for alcohol in the REA!

While I agree with you on FB being treated like a red-headed step-child and that the hockey-only crowd is bad for UND as a whole, I don't think comments like this help anyone. I have season tickets to both FB and MH, so I support both 1000%. Come on man! ???

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

One must drink excessively to watch and tolerate the “sport” of ice and a puck (aka hockey). 

Hooray for alcohol in the REA!

I don’t need alcohol to watch hockey. I love to watch hockey from GF Central, UND, Fargo Force, to the Winnipeg Jets. One can be a fan of more than one sport, and yes it’s too bad that football can’t have more stuff like equipment and locker rooms, but that’s no reason to bash our hockey team or the sport itself. 

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Grand Forks may be one of the worst places in the country to be a fan of football while despising hockey.  That guy likely needs quite a few 'beers for tears' every time the Bison bring home another JV title.

Your post is almost as bad as his, JV title? UND plays for an FCS title just like NDSU, so why would you slam a national title that we fight for.