SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota 2018-19 Season

Frozen4sioux

16 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Lighten up, Francises plural!  That whole page was pretty funny.

This ^^^

I was laughing out loud and had to read several of the punch lines to my wife.  We were targeted because we care more than most (probably all) and we show up better than all.  My favorite was about having all the regionals in Fargo.  They referenced that UND fans would travel anywhere, but the real message was to the rest of the country that if they're not going to show up, we'll have everyone play in an arena that's going to be full.  Both of those points acknowledge our fan base for what it is.

5 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

From Websters definition:

DHG. ... noun. verb... action and reaction all in one.

Drunk Hockey Guy, an embarrassing uber racist that publicly extols his hatred for anything outside of it's s intelectual universe  (Duluth).  Hangs blankets at UND sporting events that read "Small pox blankets... with the assistance of an employee of the Minnesota Vikings )

Calls into twin city radio making fun of opposing kids injuries  while spouting off the stupidest takes on hockey that could possibly be imagined.

It also could literally be defined by a picture of a clear bag that has been filled with old douche fluid and a successful enema.

It's notsomuch a winner at the whole game of life to be honest.

Big Bulldog fan appearently, forever jealous of the real maroon and gold in the cities. 

Seething in anguished jealousy of UND almost as a constant part of its daily life.

Obsessed with Schlossman..... like creepy obsessed. 

That pretty much sums that thing up.

This was perfect.....a perfect description.  I could have tried to define that moron (too nice, I know) but you did it to perfection.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Not so much... i mean if they want a reaction... more Sioux fans than any othee i mean what are they going to do, Troll DUs 3 fans?

Troll St. Clown?... reading isn't really their strong suit.

UMtc goopher fans?   They're too busy hanging their Natty light "We got a new coach" banner.

13 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

You could troll plenty of fanbases quite easily:

St Cloud - nice 1st rd exit and your coach left u for the girl he told you not to worry about.

BC - Jerry York isn't even trying anymore, put him out to pasture

BU - Maybe if the entire team is 1st rounders you'll make a frozen four

Andy, you're gayer than Oscar.

Boom, roasted

This was my thought ^^^^

7 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

From Websters definition:

DHG. ... noun. verb... action and reaction all in one.

Drunk Hockey Guy, an embarrassing uber racist that publicly extols his hatred for anything outside of it's s intelectual universe  (Duluth).  Hangs blankets at UND sporting events that read "Small pox blankets... with the assistance of an employee of the Minnesota Vikings )

Calls into twin city radio making fun of opposing kids injuries  while spouting off the stupidest takes on hockey that could possibly be imagined.

It also could literally be defined by a picture of a clear bag that has been filled with old douche fluid and a successful enema.

It's notsomuch a winner at the whole game of life to be honest.

Big Bulldog fan appearently, forever jealous of the real maroon and gold in the cities. 

Seething in anguished jealousy of UND almost as a constant part of its daily life.

Obsessed with Schlossman..... like creepy obsessed. 

That pretty much sums that thing up.

Well done.

In a word.....sh!tsta!n

The chn website was hilarious.... until...

one starts actually thinking about it in a different light... It wasnt just a headline. or a picture... it was dozens of writing pieces that delved deeep into the history of the program...

and not just articles it was the formating and creation of the website. not just a webpage but multiple working links of page after page of .....trolling gold... 

anyone who takes that much time is either a brilliant genius or a psycopath.

Now the site was done so good it tends to go to the side of brilliance, however....

knowing the post history and rantings and deep seeded loathing of all things UND that they have spewed in the past, one has to realize the time and effort and hours spent sitting at a computer reaching into his own twisted  selfconcious ..... giggling in maniacal hatred... taking time for breaks to gratify his aroused urges of jealous fetish...  writing page after page of what his soul desperatly wants to be truth.... it scares me.

I worry for them. Funny stuff on the surface... but likely psycopathic.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

one starts actually thinking about it in a different light... It wasnt just a headline. or a picture... it was dozens of writing pieces that delved deeep into the history of the program...

and not just articles it was the formating and creation of the website. not just a webpage but multiple working links of page after page of .....trolling gold... 

Now the site was done so good it tends to go to the side of brilliance, however....

knowing the post history and rantings and deep seeded loathing of all things UND that they have spewed in the past, one has to realize the time and effort and hours spent sitting at a computer reaching into his own twisted  selfconcious ..... giggling in maniacal hatred... taking time for breaks to gratify his aroused urges of jealous fetish...  writing page after page of what his soul desperatly wants to be truth.... it scares me.

Wait a second though....North Dakota hockey fans are the “yankee fans with severe head injuries” (Adam Wodon....college hockey news....shortly after natty #8)

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I get my college hockey info from one of 3 places...USCHO, CHN, and SiouxSports.  CHN usually has the pairwise updated before anyone else, so kudos to them.  Other than that, I guess I don't really care what they put out there.  If Adam W is having a good time poking a little fun at UND nation, then good for him.  We must be special I guess. :)

I was too busy on April 1 to be able to check out the chn site. Oh well. From the sounds of it, they sure put a lot of time and effort into a website for a single day. I’d have to take that as a compliment to our fanbase. ;)

I only ever go to chn for pairwise predictor anyway, so I won’t be too upset if they’re not big fans of ours. :)

14 hours ago, brianvf said:

I was too busy on April 1 to be able to check out the chn site. Oh well. From the sounds of it, they sure put a lot of time and effort into a website for a single day. I’d have to take that as a compliment to our fanbase. ;)

I only ever go to chn for pairwise predictor anyway, so I won’t be too upset if they’re not big fans of ours. :)

Sorry I missed it as well

To 2018-2019 UND Hockey I say ... 

So close.
So, so close. 

How close?
Who is the last team to defeat the current National Champions? 
Stings a bit, doesn't it. 

Well 2018-2019 version of UND Hockey, how's all that sit with you? 

Are you going to be satisfied with double digit ties on the season?
Are you going to learn from blowing two-goal leads down the stretch?
Better, are you going to learn from blowing a three-goal lead on the road, a game that if you'd have held onto you'd have been in the tournament. 

Blowing leads and accepting ties shows me a lack of maturity and worse, complacency. 
Do you like how that feels right now? 

Or are you going to start deciding, figure out, that winning,
winning games,
winning periods,
winning splits,
winning kills and power plays,
winning shifts,
winning draws,
winning races,
winning loose pucks, 
winning,
is a lot more fun than "so close". 

But winning requires focus, and intent, and will. Time to exhibit some. 

Winning is an attitude and habit; and so is where you're at now. 

So what habit are you going to make for 2018-2019. 

• Upvote 2

Coach Berry has certainly shown that he can coach a talented, motivated team and in a sense unleash them and get them to achieve at the highest level.  The question is - can he assemble one?  Every time I dare mention recruiting I get immediate blow-back, but the fact remains that not only is Denver solid year after year, but St. Cloud and our new National Champions Duluth have very talented youngsters both on their roster now and coming in the pipeline.  Duluth won a championship with 5 freshmen defense men and had 5 on the National Junior team while St. Cloud had half of the all freshman NCHC team on their roster.  Of the top 25 scorers in the NCHC the only two freshmen were from Denver and Duluth.  In addition, compare Duluth's record after leading after two with our play this year.  We need a break-out season from many players and the team as a whole.  I can live with playing back and forth with Denver, but the thought of being second fiddle to Duluth and St. Cloud makes me throw up in my mouth a little.  I hope the many posters on this site are correct and we will be back in a big way soon.  I hope among Berry's coaching skills is the ability to re-evaluate and change as needed.  Someone mentioned on a thread that coaches don't get stupid overnight.  That's true, but some get more stubborn (not saying this is Berry, hoping it isn't).  I hope for good news on the recruiting trail soon.

7 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

To 2018-2019 UND Hockey I say ... 

So close.
So, so close. 

How close?
Who is the last team to defeat the current National Champions? 
Stings a bit, doesn't it. 

Well 2018-2019 version of UND Hockey, how's all that sit with you? 

Are you going to be satisfied with double digit ties on the season?
Are you going to learn from blowing two-goal leads down the stretch?
Better, are you going to learn from blowing a three-goal lead on the road, a game that if you'd have held onto you'd have been in the tournament. 

Blowing leads and accepting ties shows me a lack of maturity and worse, complacency. 
Do you like how that feels right now? 

Or are you going to start deciding, figure out, that winning,
winning games,
winning periods,
winning splits,
winning kills and power plays,
winning shifts,
winning draws,
winning races,
winning loose pucks, 
winning,
is a lot more fun than "so close". 

But winning requires focus, and intent, and will. Time to exhibit some. 

Winning is an attitude and habit; and so is where you're at now. 

So what habit are you going to make for 2018-2019. 

So close?  We didn’t make the tourney :) farthest away we’ve been in awhile.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Irish said:

Coach Berry has certainly shown that he can coach a talented, motivated team and in a sense unleash them and get them to achieve at the highest level.  The question is - can he assemble one?  Every time I dare mention recruiting I get immediate blow-back, but the fact remains that not only is Denver solid year after year, but St. Cloud and our new National Champions Duluth have very talented youngsters both on their roster now and coming in the pipeline.  Duluth won a championship with 5 freshmen defense men and had 5 on the National Junior team while St. Cloud had half of the all freshman NCHC team on their roster.  Of the top 25 scorers in the NCHC the only two freshmen were from Denver and Duluth.  In addition, compare Duluth's record after leading after two with our play this year.  We need a break-out season from many players and the team as a whole.  I can live with playing back and forth with Denver, but the thought of being second fiddle to Duluth and St. Cloud makes me throw up in my mouth a little.  I hope the many posters on this site are correct and we will be back in a big way soon.  I hope among Berry's coaching skills is the ability to re-evaluate and change as needed.  Someone mentioned on a thread that coaches don't get stupid overnight.  That's true, but some get more stubborn (not saying this is Berry, hoping it isn't).  I hope for good news on the recruiting trail soon.

The recruits coming in next year will be strong on D but a bit thin on Forward, as compared to past years.

One thing to mention is that this year’s team had talent, as far as being talented recruits. Many of the players on this year’s team (and other Berry/late Hak teams) were very desirable recruits.  Obviously some kids don’t pan out however we’ve had a bunch of underachievers the past two years outside of the obvious blue chippers.  Motivations, readiness to play, etc are all valid questions at this point.  JJ, hoff, adams, kawaguchi, etc, etc...many teams were after these guys.

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

The recruits coming in next year will be strong on D but a bit thin on Forward, as compared to past years.

One thing to mention is that this year’s team had talent, as far as being talented recruits. Many of the players on this year’s team (and other Berry/late Hak teams) were very desirable recruits.  Obviously some kids don’t pan out however we’ve had a bunch of underachievers the past two years outside of the obvious blue chippers.  Motivations, readiness to play, etc are all valid questions at this point.  JJ, hoff, adams, kawaguchi, etc, etc...many teams were after these guys.

Gooch - 5 goals, JJ - 6, Smith - 5, Hoff - 3, Adams - 5, Bowen - 2, Yon - 1.  We are as short on firepower as any Sioux team I can remember.  Anyone know why we aren't bringing in some serious scoring next year - you know, Blue Chippers and such.  We used to get some every year.  Are we not landing them anymore?  Poor evaluation of talent?  Other teams seem to be landing scorers, no reason why we can't.  As mentioned, we have 8 players from our championship team in the pros - How many of their replacements are pro material?  There seems to be quite a drop-off.  The last time we missed the tourney it was mainly a goalie issue - and the next year we brought in Parise and Greene and had Bochinski back as a sophomore.  In my opinion we have some work to do - not saying we can't do it.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Irish said:

Gooch - 5 goals, JJ - 6, Smith - 5, Hoff - 3, Adams - 5, Bowen - 2, Yon - 1.  We are as short on firepower as any Sioux team I can remember.  Anyone know why we aren't bringing in some serious scoring next year - you know, Blue Chippers and such.  We used to get some every year.  Are we not landing them anymore?  Poor evaluation of talent?  Other teams seem to be landing scorers, no reason why we can't.  As mentioned, we have 8 players from our championship team in the pros - How many of their replacements are pro material?  There seems to be quite a drop-off.  The last time we missed the tourney it was mainly a goalie issue - and the next year we brought in Parise and Greene and had Bochinski back as a sophomore.  In my opinion we have some work to do - not saying we can't do it.  

Must we re-hash the same old talking points all summer? 

Like, we get it. This has been brought up and discussed multiple times already. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Irish said:

Duluth was led in scoring by a freshman defenseman.  Not so sure their numbers were that much more extraordinary, but they won which allows one to look past any shortcomings.  Who knows how things pan out for us with only one more regular season win.  Jones missing games that from all accounts shouldn’t have happened, could easily have changed the outcome of the pairwise.  One thing is for sure, a better locker room is necessary to have a better team.  Hopefully that will be the case next year.

On 4/8/2018 at 5:17 PM, Irish said:

We lock down recruits several years in advance.  Hain had the possibility of being a blue chipper until he played NTDP (his skating was exposed a bit).  I’ve read that tychonik and JBD could potentially go first round (making them blue chippers).

Dont get me wrong, I’m concerned as well.  Just relaying facts.