SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota 2018-19 Season

Frozen4sioux

Some funny stuff on the April fools, but the hatred absolutely flows off that website.  Adam Wodon has tweeted some awfully hateful things towards UND and UND fans as well so it's not surprising who got "picked".

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Some funny stuff on the April fools, but the hatred absolutely flows off that website.  Adam Wodon has tweeted some awfully hateful things towards UND and UND fans as well so it's not surprising who got "picked".

Some of it was funny but there is just so much butthurt in it.  Adam Wodon is "So small!!" :)

9 hours ago, Goon said:

When your paid by page views and clicks it’s smart business to target one of the most rabid fan bases in college hockey. It’s not like any. Other fan base has the numbers. 

In the short term, absolutely. However, the long-term ramifications? Alienating the largest (at least one of the the largest) and most passionate fanbase in a niche sport is NOT a good business move. While pretty darn funny, it was very unprofessional. When there are like three respectable college hockey websites in existence, this isn't showing any other than bias and pettiness, IMO.

13 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

In the short term, absolutely. However, the long-term ramifications? Alienating the largest (at least one of the the largest) and most passionate fanbase in a niche sport is NOT a good business move. While pretty darn funny, it was very unprofessional. When there are like three respectable college hockey websites in existence, this isn't showing any other than bias and pettiness, IMO.

I think some of the things they wrote were spot on.  They really mocked the #siouxforever crowd, which is a glimpse into how the rest of the nation views us regarding this matter.

One of my favorite snippets was the part about the lady finding out "Sioux" wasn't the last word of the anthem by opening up her flip phone and searching.

12 hours ago, Wilbur said:

One only has to read Adam's non hockey tweets to see what kind of a person he is.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

I think some of the things they wrote were spot on.  They really mocked the #siouxforever crowd, which is a glimpse into how the rest of the nation views us regarding this matter.

One of my favorite snippets was the part about the lady finding out "Sioux" wasn't the last word of the anthem by opening up her flip phone and searching.

I don't disagree. A lot of it was spot on. I thought a lot of it was funny. Regardless, mocking a massive fanbase like ours isn't a great business model lol.

As far as how the "rest of the nation views us"... CHN is not what I'd call a good reflection of how people see UND. 

A couple articles that poke fun at UND... sure I can appreciate that and even that it was funny for an article or two.

The entire website though comes off as a bit unprofessional and a little desperate. I can already hear the editors saying 'SEE! UND FANS CAN'T TAKE A JOKE, NO HUMOR' which would in turn drive twitter arguments and traffic. However, the fact that there was only one program/fanbase targeted out of 60 shows a certain level of intensity and/or borderline obsession to get a rise(see:clicks) out of our fanbase. Maybe that was their goal?  Drive UND fans to the website in order to increase traffic in the dead weekend before the Frozen Four. 

It's not the worst thing in the world, but I'm honestly surprised that CHN doesn't take themselves more seriously.  It wouldn't be a choice I would make while trying to establish a reputable college hockey news source. The best comparison I could make was to LetsGoDU's satirical articles before we play them in a series... only CHN's weren't quite as clever.  The LetsGoDU one's have actually made me laugh out loud :lol:

2 hours ago, petey23 said:

One only has to read Adam's non hockey tweets to see what kind of a person he is.

I read some of his hockey tweets, and it certainly comes across as desperate to get people to read college hockey news articles.  That might explain a lot. 

2 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I don't think anyone was arguing if it was funny. A lot of that stuff was funny. But, kind of an odd choice, IMO.

Not so much... i mean if they want a reaction... more Sioux fans than any othee i mean what are they going to do, Troll DUs 3 fans?

Troll St. Clown?... reading isn't really their strong suit.

UMtc goopher fans?   They're too busy hanging their Natty light "We got a new coach" banner.

39 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Not so much... i mean if they want a reaction... more Sioux fans than any othee i mean what are they going to do, Troll DUs 3 fans?

Troll St. Clown?... reading isn't really their strong suit.

UMtc goopher fans?   They're too busy hanging their Natty light "We got a new coach" banner.

You could troll plenty of fanbases quite easily:

St Cloud - nice 1st rd exit and your coach left u for the girl he told you not to worry about.

BC - Jerry York isn't even trying anymore, put him out to pasture

BU - Maybe if the entire team is 1st rounders you'll make a frozen four

Andy, you're gayer than Oscar.

Boom, roasted

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Thanks to folks like him the rest of the fan base gets stereotyped. What a clown. 

I don’t think that’s true of Tim. I know he doesn’t like DHG. 

1 hour ago, Goon said:

I don’t think that’s true of Tim. I know he doesn’t like DHG. 

Nobody should like DHG. 

I’m sure Tim is a great guy, but he seems defensive a lot of the time. He’s one of the Sioux fans always commenting on things on Twitter, so when he gets defensive, he’s gonna get called out. There’s probably 5 or so UND fans that are always commenting on tweets meant to rile up UND fans. 

3 hours ago, Blackheart said:

What the hell is a DHG?

From Websters definition:

DHG. ... noun. verb... action and reaction all in one.

Drunk Hockey Guy, an embarrassing uber racist that publicly extols his hatred for anything outside of it's s intelectual universe  (Duluth).  Hangs blankets at UND sporting events that read "Small pox blankets... with the assistance of an employee of the Minnesota Vikings )

Calls into twin city radio making fun of opposing kids injuries  while spouting off the stupidest takes on hockey that could possibly be imagined.

It also could literally be defined by a picture of a clear bag that has been filled with old douche fluid and a successful enema.

It's notsomuch a winner at the whole game of life to be honest.

Big Bulldog fan appearently, forever jealous of the real maroon and gold in the cities. 

Seething in anguished jealousy of UND almost as a constant part of its daily life.

Obsessed with Schlossman..... like creepy obsessed. 

That pretty much sums that thing up.

• Upvote 4