SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota 2018-19 Season

Frozen4sioux

1 minute ago, UND1981 said:

I will be very disappointed if he leaves.  Was he that bad defensively to sit that many games this year?

Apparently yes...but he obviously is very skilled offensively, so let's all get on the same page and win some goddamn games!!

Top underperformers this year:  Bowen, Yon, Adams, MM, Gersich, Pogo.  The list is too long.

Kawaguchi was the most improved forward from start to finish.....I'll take him off.

• Upvote 4

Just now, UND1981 said:

I thought Guchi would be a 12-15 goal scorer coming in; that's why I put him on my list. 

Agree that he finished strong.

I thought the same thing about a few non freshmen

• Upvote 1

Agree.  I really thought Gersich would be able to create more scoring even with the loss of Tyson Jost.

I know there were times when the Pogo-Gardner-Gersich line was dominant, but I still kind of thought he’d produce more playing with a different style player. 

Just now, Goon said:

Seriously? 

Yes, seriously. Except for volleyball, this athletic department is sliding into structural mediocrity. Do you want to wait until we are winning 11 or 12 games per season before we do something about it? I do not want a repeat of the early 1990's; it was painful enough the first time.

The program is bigger than one person (whether it be a coach, player or support staff person). The health and vitality of the program needs to come first.

• Upvote 2

Just now, jk said:

Honestly, the people here are out of their fucking minds.

So you are just fine and dandy with multiple seasons like this? I am not.

But some people will say "it's all about the relationships", so perhaps success on the ice isn't all that important? (sarcasm) :silly:

If Berry has one or even two more seasons like this one, a change will have to be made. The program is bigger than one person. The program must come first.

• Upvote 4