SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. UMD @ the X - SATURDAY GAMEDAY

AZSIOUX

17 minutes ago, NoDaks said:

Trying to maintain hope, but based on how this year has gone UND will finally beat UMD say 3-2, but won't get help. Season ends today.

This is my line of thinking as well, as bad of a year as I can remember to be on the bubble. Minnesota / Notre Dame going 0-6 a few weeks back allowing Michigan / Penn State to jump into the conversation was just the beginning. 

1 hour ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

Not entirely true i think there is a scenario to get in if we lose

Providence wins, Clarkson wins and Michigan Tech wins I believe UND is in, win, lose or tie.

If we win or tie Duluth I believe that we don't need Tech to win.  

2 hours ago, NoDaks said:

Trying to maintain hope, but based on how this year has gone UND will finally beat UMD say 3-2, but won't get help. Season ends today.

I'm regaining hope, after the Denver win I read a thread on here where it said Clarkson won, I went to USCHO.com and they had Harvard winning 5 - 4 OT. I looked future in the Web Site and they had the same, so I went to bed assuming we were out. I have the flue pretty bad so was in hurry to get to bed. Woke up today and starting reading about the locker room chemistry, enough fuel there for an explosion. I'm still thinking season is over, then I started on a different thread and we'er still in. Wow, that was a tough night to sleep through and with our odds, I'll probably have to do it all over again.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 808287 said:

Providence wins, Clarkson wins and Michigan Tech wins I believe UND is in, win, lose or tie.

If we win or tie Duluth I believe that we don't need Tech to win.  

Does a tie work for both Duluth and us? Of course Providence and Clarkson are a must for us.

If so would make an interesting OT?

Duluth has had our number for the last couple seasons. I don’t see that changing today especially with their season potentially on the line as well. 

I know that we could still make it into the NCAA’s with a loss today, but man would that be a great way to skid into the tourney. Hard to see this team making noise in the tourney (if they make it) if they can only manage 1 win all season against the top NCHC teams. 

Good luck today UND, I’d love to see a win!

• Upvote 1

Hoff and Adams each had 1 point in their last 11 games played and not good in own zone.  Yon 3 points all year.  Not a lot of great options for the last spots.

Wolanin and Poolman are the reason the team has been competitive.  They stay together on the blue line.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Easy killer.....have a d man play d???

Crazy I know. 

Also, keep either Johnson or Thome at goalie position. I know it might be an option to have them skate out and have one of the healthy scratch forwards play goalie, but that seems risky at this point.