Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

Ever since...


Recommended Posts

On 3/17/2018 at 9:31 PM, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

All sports are suffering. It is a changing cultural dynamic, and cannot be traced to a singular cause, let alone a single franchise, venue, or event.

Some convenient places to direct your ire:

Phones - Nobody pays attention to anything, anywhere.  Especially 18-22 year olds.

Enhanced viewing options - HDTV was the ultimate game changer, right along with expanded cable offerings, subscription only services, home-to-mobile viewing, unlimited data plans for mobile devices., etc.

Cost - This is a no-brainer. Between ticket, parking, and concessions, attending live sporting events is expensive.

Competitive balance - Parity reigns supreme in many sports right now. Traditional powerhouses are struggling, some for the first time in a generation or more.

The future is not very bright. As college students fade away from interest in their own school's sports, those behaviors are likely to carry into adulthood and will have some effect on attendance at major pro events, many of which are already seeing diminished demand for tickets.

This. So annoying

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Name change and WCHA breakup nothing feels quite like Nodak hockey anymore. Not making excuses, but not playing for the history and honor of a name as we used to things are out of whack and we are jus

Dramatic.  Sorry your hockey team lost it's native american nickname.  Who's really the snowflake?    

How are they not playing for the history of UND hockey? The name is the same University of North Dakota. It’s been there since 1883, that’s a lot of history and honor. Are you saying because of the ti

There is the mental aspect of the game when opponents line up and if you don't have the same look and feel it might take some time to get that back again with intimidation that we have built up over the years with a little birdie on the front of our jerseys. Once people are seeing that we are beatable that can go a long way so we need to rebuild that again.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 01grad said:

There is the mental aspect of the game when opponents line up and if you don't have the same look and feel it might take some time to get that back again with intimidation that we have built up over the years with a little birdie on the front of our jerseys. Once people are seeing that we are beatable that can go a long way so we need to rebuild that again.

lol.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, 01grad said:

There is the mental aspect of the game when opponents line up and if you don't have the same look and feel it might take some time to get that back again with intimidation that we have built up over the years with a little birdie on the front of our jerseys. Once people are seeing that we are beatable that can go a long way so we need to rebuild that again.

:blink:

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 01grad said:

There is the mental aspect of the game when opponents line up and if you don't have the same look and feel it might take some time to get that back again with intimidation that we have built up over the years with a little birdie on the front of our jerseys. Once people are seeing that we are beatable that can go a long way so we need to rebuild that again.

Do you even watch UND hockey?  We haven't had a logo on the front of our jerseys since 2012.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 01grad said:

There is the mental aspect of the game when opponents line up and if you don't have the same look and feel it might take some time to get that back again with intimidation that we have built up over the years with a little birdie on the front of our jerseys. Once people are seeing that we are beatable that can go a long way so we need to rebuild that again.

So people should have been outraged that UND got rid of the geometric logo on the jerseys from 2001-2012 since every year they had the Brien Sioux logo they never won a national title. I swear your hatred for that little birdie on the shoulder of the jersey is beyond laughable it’s pretty sad.

  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad is those that have multiple usernames on here endlessly trying to convince the supermajority that the new logo is even marginally palatable.

Sad is the pathetic state of the country and the NCAA that led to the policy being created.

Sad is the weak leadership that let this play on for 15 years instead of decisive  action.

Sad is the political theater that was used to promote individuals instead of solutions.

Sad is the ultrashhitty process of committes that spearheaded the processes of selection.

Sad is the result of all those years being a throw away effort by a NY firm in the pathetic and UNIVERSALLY ridiculed creation of that stupid little bird.

And its SAD that you keep spouting off belittling the 90% that view the above as true while pretending to hold onto this illogical belief that if you just keep saying it.... it has to be true.

Massive issues right now in society becaise smaller groups of people demand their lightly held opinions be heard and upheld, while the opposing opinions are deemed hateful and need to be banned. 

This is the problem holding back the future acceptance of a new direction,  but blind ignorance is standing in front of the light and empowering the chaos.

If you disagree fine... we can argue about it over a beer at the Ralph in ten years, come find me.... I'll be one of the 8'000 people still wearing a Figgting Sioux Legecy logo.

But you be you, you like the birdie..... I'm happy for you, go buy your little bird shirt and be proud...buy 2 or 3 or hell buy 20 they're 80% of at scheels!... cause the damn things don't even sell.....  

.... and that is sad.

  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Sad is those that have multiple usernames on here endlessly trying to convince the supermajority that the new logo is even marginally palatable.

Sad is the pathetic state of the country and the NCAA that led to the policy being created.

Sad is the weak leadership that let this play on for 15 years instead of decisive  action.

Sad is the political theater that was used to promote individuals instead of solutions.

Sad is the ultrashhitty process of committes that spearheaded the processes of selection.

Sad is the result of all those years being a throw away effort by a NY firm in the pathetic and UNIVERSALLY ridiculed creation of that stupid little bird.

And its SAD that you keep spouting off belittling the 90% that view the above as true while pretending to hold onto this illogical belief that if you just keep saying it.... it has to be true.

Massive issues right now in society becaise smaller groups of people demand their lightly held opinions be heard and upheld, while the opposing opinions are deemed hateful and need to be banned. 

This is the problem holding back the future acceptance of a new direction,  but blind ignorance is standing in front of the light and empowering the chaos.

If you disagree fine... we can argue about it over a beer at the Ralph in ten years, come find me.... I'll be one of the 8'000 people still wearing a Figgting Sioux Legecy logo.

But you be you, you like the birdie..... I'm happy for you, go buy your little bird shirt and be proud...buy 2 or 3 or hell buy 20 they're 80% of at scheels!... cause the damn things don't even sell.....  

.... and that is sad.

Are you done so you can hug your Sioux pillow and curse the little birdie for making the hockey team soft. 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Sad is those that have multiple usernames on here endlessly trying to convince the supermajority that the new logo is even marginally palatable.

Sad is the pathetic state of the country and the NCAA that led to the policy being created.

Sad is the weak leadership that let this play on for 15 years instead of decisive  action.

Sad is the political theater that was used to promote individuals instead of solutions.

Sad is the ultrashhitty process of committes that spearheaded the processes of selection.

Sad is the result of all those years being a throw away effort by a NY firm in the pathetic and UNIVERSALLY ridiculed creation of that stupid little bird.

And its SAD that you keep spouting off belittling the 90% that view the above as true while pretending to hold onto this illogical belief that if you just keep saying it.... it has to be true.

Massive issues right now in society becaise smaller groups of people demand their lightly held opinions be heard and upheld, while the opposing opinions are deemed hateful and need to be banned. 

This is the problem holding back the future acceptance of a new direction,  but blind ignorance is standing in front of the light and empowering the chaos.

If you disagree fine... we can argue about it over a beer at the Ralph in ten years, come find me.... I'll be one of the 8'000 people still wearing a Figgting Sioux Legecy logo.

But you be you, you like the birdie..... I'm happy for you, go buy your little bird shirt and be proud...buy 2 or 3 or hell buy 20 they're 80% of at scheels!... cause the damn things don't even sell.....  

.... and that is sad.

I like my bird shirt and bird hat. Stay in the past if you must. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, 01grad said:

There is the mental aspect of the game when opponents line up and if you don't have the same look and feel it might take some time to get that back again with intimidation that we have built up over the years with a little birdie on the front of our jerseys. Once people are seeing that we are beatable that can go a long way so we need to rebuild that again.

That's far too stupid to be anything but a troll.   Speaking of getting our mojo back:  the trolling here has really become weak.   They used to intimidate. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand that they wanted to completely cut ties with the new logo, but it still would have been easier to swallow if they had gone with something transitional like the logo that floated around using the Sioux head feathers

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

I like my bird shirt and bird hat. Stay in the past if you must. 

 And l like the clothes, jerseys, hats, and everything else I've invested thousands of dollars in. You can keep the Burlington Northern/USPS logo. I'll contemplate buying new when there's something that looks decent. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, snova4 said:

 And l like the clothes, jerseys, hats, and everything else I've invested thousands of dollars in. You can keep the Burlington Northern/USPS logo. I'll contemplate buying new when there's something that looks decent. 

Just make sure to stay right, there are people passing in the left lane.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Just make sure to stay right, there are people passing in the left lane.

 Don't worry, l have no problem being passed by, by fans that think they hold some  sort of moral high ground over a couple logos on some hats. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, snova4 said:

 Don't worry, l have no problem being passed by, by fans that think they hold some  sort of moral high ground over a couple logos on some hats. 

It’s not a moral high ground at all. I’m far from a pc crusader, I hate that !@#$ with a passion. I’d rather have a healthy athletic department and we couldn’t have that with the Sioux nickname anymore. So I moved on. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

It’s not a moral high ground at all. I’m far from a pc crusader, I hate that !@#$ with a passion. I’d rather have a healthy athletic department and we couldn’t have that with the Sioux nickname anymore. So I moved on. 

THIS x 1000!!! #letitgopeople

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...