SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. SCSU @ the X - FRIDAY GAMEDAY

AZSIOUX

12 hours ago, Cratter said:

Unpopular post ahead alert: 

Speaking of Dixon Bowen, how much of his being on this team has to do with who his father is?

That sounds like the crap we here from parents of Pee Wee and high school teams.  Anyone who thinks a coach at this level is going to play a guy cuz of who his Dad is hasn't a clue.  Whether or not you agree with the coaches decision to play a kid is another matter, but you lose credibility when you believe anything so stupid.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

17 hours ago, neoflex said:

Purely conjecture.....but we will see about his recruiting skills next year. Good teams reload...and reload which we had done in a 10 year span despite early departure to the pros.  Hopefully we'll see a much-improved product next year

I ain't very optimistic at all about next season's team (offense specifically) if Wolannin and Gersich depart leave early, our offense will leave a lot to be desired unless a few of this year's freshmen step it up and our other non-senior (this season) forwards step up their goal scoring/finishing skills.  Our Fin, Norwegian, EGF'r, and Roseau lad score goals at about the same rate as some defensive defensemen. 

14 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Not just him.  Look at the names of the local kids that get the scholarships.

I'm an East Sider so no axe to grind on this topic but a GF bud of mine (his kids went to Red River) mentioned yesterday UND lately seems to go after just Central guys but not RR players and the RR players have gone elsewhere and are having some success.  Any merit to this statement or just rivalry pettiness? 

1 minute ago, GDPritch said:

I'm an East Sider so no axe to grind on this topic but a GF bud of mine (his kids went to Red River) mentioned yesterday UND lately seems to go after just Central guys but not RR players and the RR players have gone elsewhere and are having some success.  Any merit to this statement or just rivalry pettiness? 

We have a recruit currently at Red River and another in juniors who came from Red River also. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

If it comes down to that, Jones can score (no pun intended) so keep him.  Hopefully both can stay though.

I think it’s best we all stop quoting that post. I don’t like that kids were named and I really don’t like that it’s not accurate. Rumors usually have multiple versions, which is why names shouldn’t have been given. 

11 minutes ago, squirtcoach said:

In an effort to change the topic I offer this:

When the best team in the country pounced on a freshman defenseman's mistake last night, the team rightly jumped in celebration for winning an overtime playoff game.  Then their fans erupted in a continued chant of "You suck!"

As I listened to this I wondered to whom the "You Suck" applies?

Was it the UND goalie who has more NCAA national championship rings than the entire Saint Cloud State roster?

Was it the Freshman defenseman who made an ill advised clearing pass to a top line St. Cloud Forward?

Was it to the Coaching staff of UND who also holds more NCAA championship rings than the SCSU coaching staff?

Perhaps it was directed at the UND hockey program with its 8 National Championships hanging at REA, as compared to zero in NHC.

Or maybe it was directed at the UND fans who were there supporting their 14th ranked hockey team from a campus 230 miles farther away than Saint Cloud, and an 8-1 attendance effort.

My final consideration was that maybe, just maybe these fans don't consider any of these items when they chant "you suck' because they all have a certain lack of class and the ability to examine their own behavior.  

After examining the cases above, it is easy to recognize who truly sucks.

:cool:

Best post of year possibly.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, squirtcoach said:

In an effort to change the topic I offer this:

When the best team in the country pounced on a freshman defenseman's mistake last night, the team rightly jumped in celebration for winning an overtime playoff game.  Then their fans erupted in a continued chant of "You suck!"

As I listened to this I wondered to whom the "You Suck" applies?

Was it the UND goalie who has more NCAA national championship rings than the entire Saint Cloud State roster?

Was it the Freshman defenseman who made an ill advised clearing pass to a top line St. Cloud Forward?

Was it to the Coaching staff of UND who also holds more NCAA championship rings than the SCSU coaching staff?

Perhaps it was directed at the UND hockey program with its 8 National Championships hanging at REA, as compared to zero in NHC.

Or maybe it was directed at the UND fans who were there supporting their 14th ranked hockey team from a campus 230 miles farther away than Saint Cloud, and an 8-1 attendance effort.

My final consideration was that maybe, just maybe these fans don't consider any of these items when they chant "you suck' because they all have a certain lack of class and the ability to examine their own behavior.  

After examining the cases above, it is easy to recognize who truly sucks.

:cool:

I agree that Clown showed a total lack of class - however, instead of complaining on our fan board, our better response would be to pound the p*** out of them in future meetings.  That option is contingent on Berry righting the ship and getting  better talent that Clown.  If we hate the behavior I hope Berry really hates it and will do what is necessary to bring up to the top again.  I wish Berry would address things in a more straight forward way about the changes needed and give us less coach-speak.

8 minutes ago, TheWhiteDevil said:

Because it shows much more class when at the Ralph, during the visitor starting lineup, the student section chants...well, we know what they chant. 

Or maybe the middle aged man who gave the MI player, a kid, as these college athletes are assumed the finger on live TV, because MI smoked UND - not to mention he leaned over another row to do it.

Yes, I am POSITIVE that the SCSU student section are all angels during the games.  Positive.

And...MI smoked UND?  What game were you watching?  Are you referring to the same game where UND outshot MI 40-20 and dominated time of possession and scoring chances?  Haha, games like that happen in college hockey, but at least show some knowledge of the actual game before coming on here to troll.  :D

9 minutes ago, TheWhiteDevil said:

Because it shows much more class when at the Ralph, during the visitor starting lineup, the student section chants...well, we know what they chant. 

Or maybe the middle aged man who gave the MI player, a kid, as these college athletes are assumed the finger on live TV, because MI smoked UND - not to mention he leaned over another row to do it. 

So...class you say?

Yep, bad apples everywhere. As a CC fan, it’s easier for me to identify the dooshy DU fans at Magness and miss the dooshy CC fans at World Arena. I heard St. Cloud’s “you suck!” cheer last night after they scored but it really didn’t bother me because they’ve been doing it for years against everyone so I didn’t take it personally. 

2 hours ago, SteppenHawk said:

He's not a bad player at all, but it's not like college hockey is immune to politics. 

Any college coach who would consider "politics" when they decide who plays shouldn't be coaching.  Their careers depend on success of their team.  Who comes up with this stuff???  

17 minutes ago, TheWhiteDevil said:

So...class you say?

Yep, plenty of not so classy fans to go round for every fanbase.

One thing, I don’t know what game you watched but Michigan didn’t “smoke” UND, that bird flipping you refer to happened when Michigan scored an ENG to seal the game after Michigan was only up 1-0. :silly:

I’ll give you a pass since Cloud fans haven’t really had any reason to watch the NCAA tournament games in the past.

Cloud has a good team this year though. 

15 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Yep, bad apples everywhere. As a CC fan, it’s easier for me to identify the dooshy DU fans at Magness and miss the dooshy CC fans at World Arena. I heard St. Cloud’s “you suck!” cheer last night after they scored but it really didn’t bother me because they’ve been doing it for years against everyone so I didn’t take it personally. 

I thought they were just cheering on that gal mentioned earlier in this thread.