SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. SCSU @ the X - FRIDAY GAMEDAY

AZSIOUX

I have to say I don't quite understand.   We knew when this season began that we would have less talent at forward than we have had for a long time.   We were average.  So it goes the way most people knew it could go (not would but could), and we are falling all over ourselves trying to find blame.     I understand disappointment, but . . .

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, burd said:

I have to say I don't quite understand.   We knew when this season began that we would have less talent at forward than we have had for a long time.   We were average.  So it goes the way most people knew it could go (not would but could), and we are falling all over ourselves trying to find blame.     I understand disappointment, but . . .

If this team fails to make the NCAAs they all need to own it......coaches and players. They basically pissed away the 2nd half of this season. This team had how many opportunities not to give games away since Christmas??? Prior to the playoffs this team blew 2 goal leads in 6 of their last 13 games IIRC.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, burd said:

I guess the season ending blame-storm is starting a little early this year.  All I can say is we are pretty spoiled as fans to  have teams sustain such a long run in making post season tourneys, getting home ice, winning championships, etc.  Hurts to lose today after taking the Clowns to OT, but I"m not quite ready to start blaming players, coaches, the team bus driver, some 3rd liners girlfriend (allegedly), etc.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, neoflex said:

Purely conjecture.....but we will see about his recruiting skills next year. Good teams reload...and reload which we had done in a 10 year span despite early departure to the pros.  Hopefully we'll see a much-improved product next year

I haven't seen much reloading on the horizon for next year. 

28 minutes ago, burd said:

I can't speak for anyone else but the reason I'm so p!$$3d at this year is because of the lack of effort at times and lack of development from key players.   We knew this team was slightly below average in terms of talent for a UND team but that amount of talent should have still easily made the NCAAs.  There are, and have been many other teams that have done much more with far less...  disappointing is an understatement in my opinion.  Just look at how we played against the number one team in the nation...  they were better but we certainly have the talent to hang with them.  There is no reason this team isn't a 8-10 seed right other than lack of chemistry and clearly effort at times.   This team just could never get on the same page for any stretch of time...  how many complete games did we play this year?  A handful at best.  

13 minutes ago, Irish said:

They can if you have talent - did you see the talent difference tonight?

They had essentially the same talent last year.  If we didn’t lose any players early this year we’d be sitting good.  Unfortunately that isn’t gonna happen.

1 minute ago, Walsh Hall said:

They had essentially the same talent last year.  If we didn’t lose any players early this year we’d be sitting good.  Unfortunately that isn’t gonna happen.

Same talent at last year? Have another one. Ya I guess losing Boeser (NHL rookie of the year until he got injured) and Jost is just average talent....Not to mention Poolman among others...