SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures 2018

cberkas

47 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Sounds like Gersich is reporting directly to the Caps rather than the Bears.  Nice negotiating by him and his team.

This is sometimes used as the carrot to get these guys to sign.  Particularly with teams that are having down years.  Hopefully Shane goes on to a successful career.  Based on rumors for most of the season, it sounds like he has had his mind made up for quite awhile.  I sensed the same thing from Luke Johnson his last year at UND.  Interesting that both were 5th round draft picks.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

Good for Shane......gets his cup of coffee early in his career.  Safe to say his departure is addition by subtraction for next year's team.

I'm just making this clear... are you suggesting our team is better off not having Gersich?

Just now, franchise said:

Not saying he wouldn't have elevated the overall skill level, but sometimes it's more important to have a happy, cohesive unit off the ice

Ill say this he def did not look like the player of 2 seasons ago. He just didnt seem as into it this year and it was noticeable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, franchise said:

Not saying he wouldn't have elevated the overall skill level, but sometimes it's more important to have a happy, cohesive unit off the ice

There is a reason Boeser singled him out as the one guy he wouldn't miss in an interview after Brock bolted.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, franchise said:

I've heard the rumors and the team seemed to play pretty well and cohesively (MM is this a word? :)) despite them. Seems to me it was a bit overblown. 

Losing Shane hurts this team and it confuses me how anyone could think otherwise, particularly from a message board that was CONSTANTLY whining about lack of scoring this season.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I've heard the rumors and the team seemed to play pretty well and cohesively (MM is this a word? :)) despite them. Seems to me it was a bit overblown. 

Losing Shane hurts this team and it confuses me how anyone could think otherwise, particularly from a message board that was CONSTANTLY whining about lack of scoring this season.

Agreed, from a purely scoring standpoint, it hurts

25 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Lots of signees go play their one NHL game right after they're called up...then they're promptly sent down to the minors.  

20 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

And what's wrong with this? Just a random pot shot at Gersich? 

No, but it's a fact.  The big carrot dangled in front of the college prospect is playing in the NHL a day after you sign.